Blue Story Banhammer

ICTChris

It’s interesting to raise the Dark Knight as an example as there were fears raised about audience violence during showings of the recent Joker movie, as the character is apparently popular among incels. I think there was a number of warnings from police departments and the cinema where the 2012 shooting at the Dad Knight Rises didn’t show the film.

As far as I know there were no confirmed instances of anything happening at a showing of Joker.

3 hours ago, ICTChris said:

It’s interesting to raise the Dark Knight as an example as there were fears raised about audience violence during showings of the recent Joker movie, as the character is apparently popular among incels. I think there was a number of warnings from police departments and the cinema where the 2012 shooting at the Dad Knight Rises didn’t show the film.

As far as I know there were no confirmed instances of anything happening at a showing of Joker.

At the end of the film, an old guy who was sitting in front of me fell down the stairs.

i didn’t help him up.

Here's the BBC report about the removal of the movie -https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-50566057

Vue said that there were "25 incidents" around the film but didn't clarify what they meant.  They did say the following:

"A younger audience were attempting to purchase tickets for other movies to access the Blue Story screenings and were also resisting requests for ID. This also played a key role in incidents and our decision."

So it seems that the incidents they are talking about aren't all machete fights but include people trying to sneak into screenings and refusing to show ID when they are asked.  I assume this goes on at a low level (when I went to see It there were two kids who clearly sneaked in but staff booted them out before the film started.  Obviously if that was aon a larger scale then cinemas might decide they aren't able to cope and aren't comfortable asking their staff to deal with this.