#FiverFootball QP Vs Stenny

Hopefully the players get a real kick from the new gaffer appointment. We performed very well at Ochilview so I’m expecting a QP win.

Make no mistake, if we don’t win this game or many in Jan, we’re in the dog fight.

I wonder if the chance to earn a professional contract will be in the players minds. Surely it would have been through the full of December too though 🥴

Home win 2-1.

33 minutes ago, QPSpider1867 said:

I wonder if the chance to earn a professional contract will be in the players minds. Surely it would have been through the full of December too though 🥴

Funny you say that; crossed my mind a few times that we seemed to have a bounce after the vote only for it to go flat again. Is it possible some of the lads were motivated by assuming automatic pro contracts followed by a demotivating reality? The President was clear enough that there would be a mix of pro and am contracts but whether that filtered back to the boot room is debatable.

I’d like to imagine players already give 100%. Although, there was a little boost like you say. Maybe the quality is just inconsistent and it’s nothing to do with contracts.

I personally think “niggles” and disagreements may occur with the players and coaching staff.

14 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:
On 02/01/2020 at 17:35, an86 said:
I'm calling it The Bru Camp and nobody will stop me, even if we get a new sponsor. 

Or Camp Bru?

Either way is good for me. Reckon most folk will call it 'Lesser,' whatever it's officially called, purely because that's what they've always called it.

If we are going to have a name change not related to a sponsor, I'd call it something simple like the Southside Stadium in order to give it relevance to our whole possible catchment area. 

13 minutes ago, an86 said:

Either way is good for me. Reckon most folk will call it 'Lesser,' whatever it's officially called, purely because that's what they've always called it.

If we are going to have a name change not related to a sponsor, I'd call it something simple like the Southside Stadium in order to give it relevance to our whole possible catchment area. 

No idea what all this has to do with the game but I hope when we are lining up to thrash Real Madrid in the 2030 Champions League final we rename the stadium The Sir Willie Haughey Stadium.

Not a great game of football but a valuable 3 points.

Wullie Muir again excellent, get this man signed on a pro contract. Special mention to Billy Mortimer who I wanted off after 5 minutes, his control and cross for the first goal was excellent and a great finish for the second, still believe he is not the answer at right full back / wing back but he made me eat my words today. Was concerned with the defence in general as Stenny had 4 or 5 clear chances from corners that another team would have put away. Little seems to have lost all his confidence and seems so nervous even when playing simple passes. Today shows how important Jamieson is, not just for his strength and abilities but for his organisational skills.

I think McKinnon will have an idea of what is needed and will be surprised if next season's squad has more than 5-6 players from this year's squad.

Important result with all 3 below us losing but nil point for style. Thought the tempo would lift today with the new gaffer in the stand but it was arguably the worst performance of the season for several players. Hopefully that’s the nerves behind them.

Great to see Billy getting, at last, a goal and a good one at that plus a great assist for the first. Stenny will feel unjust at the result but we’ve had plenty of games where we’ve dropped two points so no guilt from me.

Congratulations to Coach Quinn for his 100% win ratio[emoji6]

Davie Irons is a pleasant enough gentleman, but he is not the type to instill belief in players. Anyone who has heard him talk to a group of people, trying to hold attention, might tell you this.

It's been (another) mistaken managerial appointment by the Stenhousemuir board, and although they are relatively strong decision makers in a business sense, they seem to lack basic football faculties.

Relief at the final whistle. Second half performance was abysmal and must have given McKinnon some insight into what is needed. Defence was dreadful and midfield struggled to get a grip on the game. Great moments for Billy down the right in the first half but apart from that there was nothing from wide positions. Galt and Jamieson were big misses today. Really poor but will take the points all day long.

Also interested in what today's attendance was. Thought it eas busier than usual and a decent atmosphere aided by the presence on the Stenny Weans. Ridiculous stewarding getting made to sit down.

Usual unnecessary frisking by stewards on the way in. Never happens elsewhere. Think they must get a thrill from it.

Went along to this today.  Also surprised to be 'frisked' by stewards on the way in, big stadium and all that. Thought QP took their two goals really well, first was a beautiful move, and second well finished by Mortimer. Felt a bit for Stenny given the number of chances they had, and would certainly have deserved a draw.

Enjoyed the day out. Best of luck to both sides for the rest of season (apart from the Cup game of course ) 🙂

Edited by Jedi