Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Care centre just phoned - step-dad has stabilised not any better but not any worse. Doctor has asked for his bloods to be tested before they make a decision about hospital. They are hoping to find out tonight but it might be middle of night before results come through. If he is hospitalised my Mum has been told that she will not get into see him.

Sorry to hear that mate. 

2 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Care centre just phoned - step-dad has stabilised not any better but not any worse. Doctor has asked for his bloods to be tested before they make a decision about hospital. They are hoping to find out tonight but it might be middle of night before results come through. If he is hospitalised my Mum has been told that she will not get into see him.

Hope that everything OK for you and your family.

My dad tested positive yesterday. His Care Home had zero cases until very recently. Cases now likely tell us something about transmissability and having had a number of cases the level of testing has been ramped up. My dad is 92, frail and has dementia. Thus far he's showing no symptoms of Covid. Hopefully that remains the case but should he deteriorate we won't want escalation of care.

2 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Genuinely the fact that England have less restrictions is already well and truly being used as the excuse up here for our cases. It should be the best evidence yet of the futility of restrictions to show a direct comparison between them and us, and how little difference the outcomes are, but instead the high rates in Scotland and Wales will be blamed on people travelling to/from England. Bookmark it.

I've already read some folk on Twitter claiming that cases in Scotland are being driven by cases imported from England.

Also read the ridiculous claim you can't compare Scotland and England in terms of restrictions and their effectiveness cause we have lots of hills.

24 minutes ago, Steven W said:

Quite possibly.

Media dressing up the 'FORTY SIX!!' mutations like more mutations = more deadly.

Might come to something, might come to f**k all. But a good excuse for Sturgeon et al to be more cautious and to "wait two weeks"

It's been about since October and hasn't come to anything. If anything can out compete Omicron then the whole world will have it in the space of a week. Hasn't shown up in UK surveillance data either.

4 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Ladies and gentlemen, Wales.

He appears just to be suggesting we should consider not mingling when loaded with the cold. 

This bit made me laugh, though

Anyone who has a cold should ask themselves if it is really appropriate to go on a train or a busy airport. It would be better to stay home and get better."

Aye, mate, wait and I'll cancel my holiday because i've got the sniffles 😂

6 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Hilarious seeing Ding going baw deep straightaway. It's an absolute non-event:

4 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

He appears just to be suggesting we should consider not mingling when loaded with the cold. 

Anyone who has a cold should ask themselves if it is really appropriate to go on a train or a busy airport. It would be better to stay home and get better."

Your reaction is pretty much word for word my own thoughts, really. 😅

5 minutes ago, anotherchance said:

Denmark, the country which Nicola Sturgeon headlined as having worrying data a couple of weeks back, also has less than 5 in ICU with this korma variant.

I still think/hope the restrictions will be lifted in the next week. 

18 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

In all seriousness though, I think if you are suffering from a cold wearing a mask isn’t a bad idea 

Used to hate when people would come into the office loaded

6 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

In all seriousness though, I think if you are suffering from a cold wearing a mask isn’t a bad idea 

Used to hate when people would come into the office loaded

I don't disagree. But that's miles away from "isolate for a few days" and "don't go to the airport"

Lunatic stuff

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

It’s about climate change, not covid. 

ETA - and it’s absolutely shit 

To be honest it passed a few hours 

It’s portrayal of many things like tabloid culture , modern apps , social media and extremely polarised political views was pretty spot on and was not far off the reality of what we have seen the last two years. A few years ago a film like that would have been pure science fiction fantasy . Unfortunately the only bit that was really far fetched was the asteroid part. 

35 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

To be honest it passed a few hours 

It’s portrayal of many things like tabloid culture , modern apps , social media and extremely polarised political views was pretty spot on and was not far off the reality of what we have seen the last two years. A few years ago a film like that would have been pure science fiction fantasy . Unfortunately the only bit that was really far fetched was the asteroid part. 

I don’t mean to be an arsehole but it’s clearly targeted at climate change. 

Plenty people see the climate crisis as serious as an asteroid that will wipe us out. The message is if that was a genuine news story then we’d react appropriately, but climate change people seem to laugh off.