Walking Down the Beechwood Road mk 2

3 hours ago, southerner said:

I thought and said on here at the early part of the season that he was one of our best performers this season. A player that will play on confidence and needs encouragement from our fans. Another good option to have at the back playing him in the centre.

Centre half is the only position he should play.

Hopefully never see him at left back again.

On 13/11/2023 at 10:06, fieldsofdreams said:

Just looking at the Lowland League table, nothing about that league appeals to me. Lot of far travels, not many clubs in the league with a big fan base. West Premier for me is a far better option long term. Very competitive, good rivalries. To me the Lowland League is a horrible league to be in. Other than the bankies, St Cadocs and possibly Gartcairn I can't think of a team that would be really pushing for this, from those 3 Bankies would be the only one I'd miss as they are well supported unlike the other 2. KR were pushing for the pyramid and now relegated after sacking strain.   

398556957_731446622358721_7157128351072091532_n.jpg

Big fish, small pond mentality that.

53 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Big fish, small pond mentality that.

Not at all, looking at how far the teams are spread the cost for the fans and club would be huge. Many clubs failing to bring any creditable amount of fans also effects finances.  For me football at this level shouldn't be about sugar daddies having a play toy for a few seasons, it should be about the local community all coming together not one person throwing stupid money at clubs. 

Also loss of derby matches etc...the lowland league really is the grave yard league. I personally don't see any appeal in it. It is bad enough playing teams like St Cadocs in our league who bring nothing to the league and it is teams like that that are striving for lowland league, let them go is my response as the benefit of having a club with no fan base in nil. West Premier is a very competitive league which is arguably as good as the LL with exception of one or two teams in either league. 

To suggest big fish in small pond, if that is your take on it so be it however I'd rather compete in a competitive West Premier than the graveyard league that is the LL. 

15 minutes ago, fieldsofdreams said:

Not at all, looking at how far the teams are spread the cost for the fans and club would be huge. Many clubs failing to bring any creditable amount of fans also effects finances.  For me football at this level shouldn't be about sugar daddies having a play toy for a few seasons, it should be about the local community all coming together not one person throwing stupid money at clubs. 

Also loss of derby matches etc...the lowland league really is the grave yard league. I personally don't see any appeal in it. It is bad enough playing teams like St Cadocs in our league who bring nothing to the league and it is teams like that that are striving for lowland league, let them go is my response as the benefit of having a club with no fan base in nil. West Premier is a very competitive league which is arguably as good as the LL with exception of one or two teams in either league. 

To suggest big fish in small pond, if that is your take on it so be it however I'd rather compete in a competitive West Premier than the graveyard league that is the LL. 

I wouldn't say it is a graveyard league.  There are some good teams in there and some right good competitive matches to be had.  Long term the goal for a team like Talbot should be top end LL challenging for entry to League 2 (pyramid system needs re-jigging IMO for promotion though) and a club the size of Talbot should be up there.  I do get the derby matches etc would be a miss.

11 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

I wouldn't say it is a graveyard league.  There are some good teams in there and some right good competitive matches to be had.  Long term the goal for a team like Talbot should be top end LL challenging for entry to League 2 (pyramid system needs re-jigging IMO for promotion though) and a club the size of Talbot should be up there.  I do get the derby matches etc would be a miss.

For me half of the lowland league is poor , as you say some good teams , I would have concerns financially about being in the lowland league , I think it would be good being in league2 but admission prices might be an issue i thought i seen some teams charging £14 adult,  would fans pay that?

Edited by Talbot supporter

9 minutes ago, Talbot supporter said:

For me half of the lowland league is poor , as you say some good teams , I would have concerns financially about being in the lowland league , I think it would be good being in league2 but admission prices might be an issue i thought i seen some teams charging £14 adult,  would fans pay that?

I would imagine prize money would be higher, how significant of an increase I am unsure.  I suppose again that would be down to how the team was playing, challenging for a league/play off spot.  When you have teams like Spartans/Bonnyrigg there and clubs like Stenny/East Fife survive there on crowds probably similar to Talbot then I am sure they would be able to cope and compete with them

3 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

So IYO the lad played a blinder on Saturday but is a second string player? Not having a go btw, just curious as to your view.

He was good on Saturday but he wont keep McPherson McCracken or Slooves out if all are available. 

Squad player not a first choice.

47 minutes ago, andy25 said:

He was good on Saturday but he wont keep McPherson McCracken or Slooves out if all are available. 

Squad player not a first choice.

I think the squad is coming together nicely, few players to come back in Neilly and McCracken and a new keeper to come in. If he find a bit better form/confidence then we will be hard to beat as got the best defence in league.

45 minutes ago, fieldsofdreams said:

I think the squad is coming together nicely, few players to come back in Neilly and McCracken and a new keeper to come in. If he find a bit better form/confidence then we will be hard to beat as got the best defence in league.

Is a new keeper imminent?

2 minutes ago, southerner said:

Is a new keeper imminent?

No clue, hear whispers of Leishman keen to come back however how much truth is in that I don't know.  I seen at weekend Glavin on Killie's bench so I am assuming they have recalled him leaving us with the boy Henry just and possibly brian as well. 

52 minutes ago, fieldsofdreams said:

No clue, hear whispers of Leishman keen to come back however how much truth is in that I don't know.  I seen at weekend Glavin on Killie's bench so I am assuming they have recalled him leaving us with the boy Henry just and possibly brian as well. 

Leishman would be a backwards step. 

8 hours ago, Talbot supporter said:

Could the game at home to Largs be in doubt with the amount of rain?

The pitch is generally one of the better ones for holding water, I would say if it is off then it is unlikely any other grass pitches are on tonight. Nothing on facebook to suggest a pitch inspection. They announced one for the game in Aberdeen.