The Return of Scottish Football 20/21

A simple thread really.

Are you excited to be back? What do you think the league will be like this year?

How’s your team going to fair? Where will you be watching the first day back? Will you even be watching?

All this and more, hopefully!

Celtic set out to get ten in a row, Rangers set out to stop it.

Motherwell will be looking to secure their place as the best of the rest and Aberdeen will try and stop that.

Livingston will want another top six, Accies will look to continuously kick sand in the face that want them to die, St. Mirren will want to find themselves further up the table.

Hibs will look to find themselves again, Kilmarnock too.

Thoughts?

Livingston and Holt's remit each season in the Premiership is to try and stay there for another season, so our target will be 10th place again, and anything better is a bonus. So lets not get ahead of yourself saying top 6 is where we're looking to be, that's crazy talk.

Looking forward to the new season, as always, been esp long since we saw any football played in Scotland, with the Covid lockdown stopping football in March, first match is away to St Mirren however and I believe it'll only be our home games being viewed on LFC Live tv, so it'll be Hibs at home the following week before I get to watch a full game live on the telly.

No idea how we'll fare, we've a few new signings and lost an important player in Lawless, hopefully Dykes will still be playing for us though, that would certainly fill me with optimism in doing well in attack, esp with us also signing a couple of new strikers to partner up with him. Defence should still be pretty solid with Guthrie and Brown playing together again, the latter also giving us a threat from long throw ins.  

Personally i'd love a wee cup run and trip to Hampden in a semi final, while staying away from the scrap down the bottom end of the table in the league, can't wait to get started.:bounce2

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Livingston and Holt's remit each season in the Premiership is to try and stay there for another season, so our target will be 10th place again, and anything better is a bonus. So lets not get ahead of yourself saying top 6 is where we're looking to be, that's crazy talk.

Looking forward to the new season, as always, been esp long since we saw any football played in Scotland, with the Covid lockdown stopping football in March, first match is away to St Mirren however and I believe it'll only be our home games being viewed on LFC Live tv, so it'll be Hibs at home the following week before I get to watch a full game live on the telly.

No idea how we'll fare, we've a few new signings and lost an important player in Lawless, hopefully Dykes will still be playing for us though, that would certainly fill me with optimism in doing well in attack, esp with us also signing a couple of new strikers to partner up with him. Defence should still be pretty solid with Guthrie and Brown playing together again, the latter also giving us a threat from long throw ins.  

Personally i'd love a wee cup run and trip to Hampden in a semi final, while staying away from the scrap down the bottom end of the table in the league, can't wait to get started.:bounce2

Have to say I’m expecting you guys to be up there provided you hold onto Dykes, it is a shame though that Hearts are gone for some guaranteed points.