OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

Andre Villas-Boas :lol:

Some people are going to be very disappointed when they realise Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen haven't been perpetually digging around in the bargain bin of rookies, out of work English League One managers and guys who did alright for St Mirren for no reason.

16 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

While technically true, the only way it doesn't is if one of the greatest Scottish Cup shocks of all time occurs.

I thought we'd already had that this season?

All this chat from Hearts fans justifying Neilson's sacking while other fans scratch their heads and think it's crazy reminds me of when Aberdeen and Derek McInnes parted company.

People who think it’s crazy clearly are either not Hearts fans or Hearts-hating obsessives like HibsFan.

If Hearts had suddenly lost five in a row from nowhere, off the back of great form with great performances, I’d be willing to bet that most fans would’ve stuck by him (there’s always going to be a minority who will never forgive him for 2016).

However, Hearts were already in a completely false position before this run of five defeats. A combination of big budget players, long range screamers, the occasional baffling referee decision and an impressive home record against all but the Old Firm kept them clear of the dross below third place.

Anyone who’s been half watching knew, even when they beat Hibs three zip at Easter Road at the end of January, that the results were vastly outshining the poor performances. This collapse has been surprisingly shite, sure, but the warning signs were there.

2 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

All this chat from Hearts fans justifying Neilson's sacking while other fans scratch their heads and think it's crazy reminds me of when Aberdeen and Derek McInnes parted company.

Hearts fans don't have to justify anything though, its only people looking at it from the outside that think it's a surprise. The support aren't fractured on this, nearly everyone knew it was time to go. We are on a horrible slide that he hadn't shown he was capable of arresting.

6 minutes ago, bennett said:

4th in the league and 2 points behind 3rd with everything still to play for, does seem a bit strange.  Has he had a lot of injuries to deal with or lost the dressing room?

If by "everything still to play for", you mean would've been lucky to win another game this season I agree.  I think we've knackered our chances of 3rd anyway, but we had no chance under him. 

He'd lost the players and the fans would've been on his back at every turn.

25 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Hearts fans don't have to justify anything though, its only people looking at it from the outside that think it's a surprise. The support aren't fractured on this, nearly everyone knew it was time to go. We are on a horrible slide that he hadn't shown he was capable of arresting.

Stop being so f****** picky, it's the same scenario, justify or explain or state the bleedin' obvious - it comes to the same thing. Hearts fans know, the same way as Dons fans knew.

Interesting to see who the main contenders are over the coming weeks. It'll tell us a lot about where the people running the club see us going.

There's absolutely nobody working in Scotland that we could get who I'd be remotely interested in at this point.

Similar to when the Hibs and Aberdeen vacancies came up, there are a few folk from the EFL circuit who I imagine we'll at least consider. The Cowleys are out of work, and, while not 100% advocating them, I don't think they should be written off either. Appleton, who was on Hibs' list last season, is also out of work. They've both done really good work in the past, but are just damaged enough that Hearts would have a shot at hiring them.

We should also be looking abroad at clubs of our size and smaller who have played group stage fitba in Europe and looking at whether there's anyone from that level who is available and affordable, or looking at the profile of coach they hired.

We've got time, so use it. It's a good job. We'll offer a decent salary, a chance to live in a lovely city, and a job where a reasonable 18 months-2 years will probably land you work in England. I just hope we don't do something lazy like hiring Robinson.

7 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Stop being so f****** picky, it's the same scenario, justify or explain or state the bleedin' obvious - it comes to the same thing. Hearts fans know, the same way as Dons fans knew.

I was agreeing with you 😂 We don't have to justify, same as Aberdeen fans didn't.

4 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Tbf reading it back it doesn't. But my point is we, like you, don't have to justify it. When the whole support knows, it's not contentious.

Aye, but that won't stop the tut, tut, tuts, be careful what you wish for and the why oh why oh why comments.

I reckon there's another 2 pages worth of them to come.

4 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Aye, but that won't stop the tut, tut, tuts, be careful what you wish for and the why oh why oh why comments.

You can just copy and paste it.

'I mean, I don't see Hearts play much*, but they are fourth in the league and played in Europe this season. What more do they expect?'

* We know

2 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

At least they can take solace in the fact it only lasts a few weeks and people barely remember that Derek mcinnes once managed Aberdeen. 

8 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

At least they can take solace in the fact it only lasts a few weeks and people barely remember that Derek mcinnes once managed Aberdeen. 

It depends who their new manager is and how unsuccessful he is compared to Neilson.

2 hours ago, HibsFan said:

People who think it’s crazy clearly are either not Hearts fans or Hearts-hating obsessives like HibsFan.

If Hearts had suddenly lost five in a row from nowhere, off the back of great form with great performances, I’d be willing to bet that most fans would’ve stuck by him (there’s always going to be a minority who will never forgive him for 2016).

However, Hearts were already in a completely false position before this run of five defeats. A combination of big budget players, long range screamers, the occasional baffling referee decision and an impressive home record against all but the Old Firm kept them clear of the dross below third place.

Anyone who’s been half watching knew, even when they beat Hibs three zip at Easter Road at the end of January, that the results were vastly outshining the poor performances. This collapse has been surprisingly shite, sure, but the warning signs were there.

Agree with all of this.

Even last season - cup final and 3rd place all fine and lovely - some of the performances were dire. Ditto when in the Championship. Results count though and as long as we were 3rd, most of us were happy despite grumbles about negative play. An example of this was a game at Tynie last season against St Mirren or Livi when we had a throw-in in line with the opposition penalty box. Within seconds, the ball was back at Craig Gordon... where TF does that attitude come from?

Equally, given the shitshow of the past few years from administration onwards, the fact that most of us expect 3rd place and European adventures is a sign of the progress we made, and thanks to RN for a large part of it. Talk of closing the gap on Sevco though was ay pie in the sky when we still had to prove we were third best for more than one season.

We still nowhere near being able to enjoy more than a trophy every 12 years or so, a final or two and derby wins.

Edited by Crùbag

There have been rumours about splits in the dressing room and discontent with Neilson among the squad for weeks. Based on Kingsley's quotes yesterday, the players had a half-hour meeting after the game on Saturday without the management present. 

When it becomes players v manager, something has to give and it's not going to be the players. Whether Neilson did a good job or whether he deserved to be sacked isn't the relevant question. There was only one pragmatic option at this point and thankfully the board have recognised that.

Oh, and needless to say that sacking Neilson doesn't automatically fix the issues in the squad, but it is the first step.

Edited by DC92