OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

We are now third top scorers in the League, which is surprising after a very slow start.  Personally I think a major issue is taking our chances -even last night Kingsley put a free header wide at 0-0, then Shanks spooned a pass over the bar at 0-1. Both of these were of the "easy" variety. Though the penalty was of the soft variety, "don't push someone in the back with both hands I'd advise" 😀 . 

Shanks now has 3 misses in a row but we've weirdly won all three games anyway.  Most of the blatant penalties we weren't given earlier in the season also came in games we eventually won. I'd put forward that getting two goals plus ahead would relax the players more and the football would flow better.

I've seen a lot worse teams in the past so don't see the football as that bad, but younger people with wall-to-wall EPL football to watch may concentrate on the "slight" difference 😁 .

12 minutes ago, Alberto Spencer said:

We are now third top scorers in the League, which is surprising after a very slow start.  Personally I think a major issue is taking our chances -even last night Kingsley put a free header wide at 0-0, then Shanks spooned a pass over the bar at 0-1. Both of these were of the "easy" variety. Though the penalty was of the soft variety, "don't push someone in the back with both hands I'd advise" 😀 . 

Shanks now has 3 misses in a row but we've weirdly won all three games anyway.  Most of the blatant penalties we weren't given earlier in the season also came in games we eventually won. I'd put forward that getting two goals plus ahead would relax the players more and the football would flow better.

I've seen a lot worse teams in the past so don't see the football as that bad, but younger people with wall-to-wall EPL football to watch may concentrate on the "slight" difference 😁 .

Good post

Watched the video of Alberto's career on YouTube last week; some machine he was 👍

3 hours ago, Craigie Jambo said:

Good post

Watched the video of Alberto's career on YouTube last week; some machine he was 👍

Cheers

Alberto is the top all-time scorer in the Copa Libertadores and probably will never be overtaken. All the top South Americans follow the money to Europe these days.  The Ecuador National Staduium is named after him and he played for Uruguay too - as a small kid I saw highlights of him scoring at Wembley before the '66 World Cup.  Sadly, he wasn't allowed to play in it otherwise maybe England would have lost the opening game 😀 What he'd be worth these days.............

21 hours ago, DC92 said:

Listened back to the end of the game on Sportsound there.

Richard Gordon asks whether Hearts can sustain this run of clawing back points from behind and scoring late winners.

Before tonight we'd only managed one single point from a losing position and had scored one late winner all season.

I don't mind Richard Gordon normally, OAM has been poorer without him. But he's butthurt his precious Dons are way off the pace, and his Cove Rangers experiment has lost momentum

10 hours ago, Darren said:

Midfield is definitely the issue, we started last night with three who are essentially different shades of the same colour. I can see the logic behind it – crap weather meaning it was likely to be a battle. But it seems Lembikisa was the only real creative option in the first half (I wasn't there).

I think we rely too much on our wingbacks for creativity at the moment. Definitely agree we have too many similar midfielders. I still think Grant could be the answer?

10 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

I agree with a lot of this. People have made their minds up about Naismith and refuse to budge, it's really noticeable at games. 

I think the way he got the job still rankles. Somehow he still feels like an interim manager. Possibly because Robbie was so associated with the club and for so long 

10 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

Really excited by the look of Tait. He didn't look out of place at all. He was comfy on the ball and constantly on the move, would be happy for him to start on Saturday.

I'm hopeful that we use the likes of Tait and Denholm rather than take the likes of a Lowry on board. 

33 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Great midweek for the Hearts.

Indeed. I thought a win at the weekend would probably be enough to make sure Aberdeen aren't realistically going to overtake us. Now I think a point does that.

1 minute ago, Tony Wonder said:

Indeed. I thought a win at the weekend would probably be enough to make sure Aberdeen aren't realistically going to overtake us. Now I think a point does that.

Just now, VincentGuerin said:

That result tonight means we don't even really need to win on Saturday.

Snap

On 24/01/2024 at 12:03, Empty It said:

The problem is we are absolutely brutal to watch 90% of the time which is all fine and well when we're getting results but doesn't lead to lots of patience when the results stop coming.

I agree and that's probably the way it should be. I'm not 100% convinced by Naismith myself yet. There seems to be zero patience whatsoever from some, though. Next time we lose or drop points at home it'll be time for him to go again.

1 hour ago, DC92 said:

I agree and that's probably the way it should be. I'm not 100% convinced by Naismith myself yet. There seems to be zero patience whatsoever from some, though. Next time we lose or drop points at home it'll be time for him to go again.

These types just can't handle facts like the Season is a gradual thing and they have no control over what happens