OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

Just now, Tony Wonder said:

His style just happened to also be shite. If you're boring and winning no one cares. If you're boring and losing you're goosed.

I actually don't think we've been that boring under Naismith.  Saturday was poor, but against Motherwell and Livingston we played some good stuff and on another day get more goals. Winning by 1 doesn't make it turgid by default.

I also don't think we are worse, we look good defensively for one whereas we looked like we'd conceded at every cross ball under Neilson.

Aren't you one of the lowest scoring teams in the league at the moment?  Although defensively sound I remember a lot of supporters wanting SN in because of this attacking brand of football he was going to bring?  Get your point about winning games, of course, we are kind of similar just now in that aspect.  

I just don't understand the reasoning for appointing Naismith and the support behind it because of exciting football then not actually caring about that after all.   Especially when he's not won any big games so far either both as caretaker or manager. 

12 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

That's true, many wanted him out before that though, because of the turgid shit you played though and thought SN would play completely different, what's changed that you are all now happy playing probably worse than you played under Neilson before the pish run?  Genuine non-windup questions. 

Neilson was the same coach in 22-23 that he had been years before. He was making the same mistakes and had the same bizarre outlook on the game. He was lucky to last as long as he did. There is absolutely no question that bulleting him was the right move.

Been done to death, but I don't think we should have been hiring Naismith. However, we are where we are, and if conceding fewer goals is a positive step. But I think a big problem he has is that we look clueless against teams that sit in, and we're facing a lot of it this season. Not a criticism, you do what works, and it works against us. But our home games against Motherwell, Killie, and Livi (I didn't see Saturday, but am led to believe more of the same) have all been against teams more or less happy to sit in front of us in a couple of lines and say "what they f**k you going to do about it?". Our answer is not much. Robson's Aberdeen seem a similar thing in that they find it tricky to play against sides they're better than. Far from a given they'll make up much ground in the fixtures they have extra against weaker sides.

I sympathise with the problem to a degree. It's not easy to break down well-organised sides who want to just contain you. But we have a lot of good attacking players, and I think a more experienced coach would have us doing better in this regard.

Nobody really looks good this season, and there's no excuse for not sitting in third with the fixtures we've had.

Edited by VincentGuerin

Just now, VincentGuerin said:

Neilson was the same coach in 22-23 that he had been years before. He was making the same mistakes and had the same bizarre outlook on the game. He was lucky to last as long as he did. There is absolutely no question that bulleting him was the right move.

Been done to death, but I don't think we should have been hiring Naismith. However, we are where we are, and if conceding fewer goals is a positive step. But I think a big problem he has is that we look clueless against teams that sit in, and we're facing a lot of it this season. Not a criticism, you do what works, and it works against us. But our home games against Motherwell, Killie, and Livi (I didn't see Saturday, but am led to believe more of the same) have all been against teams more or less happy to sit in front of us in a couple of lines and say "what they f**k you going to do about it?". Our answer is not much.

I sympathise with the problem to a degree. It's not easy to break down well-organised sides who want to just contain you. But we have a lot of good attacking players, and I think a more experienced coach would have us doing better in this regard.

Nobody really looks good this season, and there's no excuse for not sitting in third with the fixtures we've had.

Has that changed from previous years?  It's been a constant conundrum for us for seasons also apart from when the bigots come to town or we play you boys?  Surely the key should have been to hire a manager capable and experienced to break through this?  Maybe we have in Monty but it's as much a gamble I suppose as Naismith.

Agree with the rest of your post btw.   Cheers both you for answering. 

Just now, Hoose Rice said:

Has that changed from previous years?  It's been a constant conundrum for us for seasons also apart from when the bigots come to town or we play you boys?  Surely the key should have been to hire a manager capable and experienced to break through this?  Maybe we have in Monty but it's as much a gamble I suppose as Naismith.

Agree with the rest of your post btw.   Cheers both you for answering. 

Neilson was good at scudding pish teams at home. He was really poor away from home and in big games.

14 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Aren't you one of the lowest scoring teams in the league at the moment?  Although defensively sound I remember a lot of supporters wanting SN in because of this attacking brand of football he was going to bring?  Get your point about winning games, of course, we are kind of similar just now in that aspect.  

I just don't understand the reasoning for appointing Naismith and the support behind it because of exciting football then not actually caring about that after all.   Especially when he's not won any big games so far either both as caretaker or manager. 

I don't think there was much support behind it. Hearts have a big support and there will always be different views in there, but it's certainly not the case among people I know that Naismith was the appointment people wanted.

I don't think there was much support behind it. Hearts have a big support and there will always be different views in there, but it's certainly not the case among people I know that Naismith was the appointment people wanted.

Weird that he was appointed then based on absolutely not a lot. 

To be fair, Rosenborg was a good result and a tie well won. I'll give him that.

That was a good win, although our David Brent impersonator also won against that Swiss Mob and he's still a fud.

13 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

If Kickback is representative of the Hearts support in general, then Naismith for manager had plenty of support.

image.thumb.png.dcc4ec9fa8529112c13f8de71d462d13.png

Just now, Mr. X said:

If Kickback is representative of the Hearts support in general, then Naismith for manager had plenty of support.

image.thumb.png.dcc4ec9fa8529112c13f8de71d462d13.png

I've seen that shared before, and it baffles me how out of step it is with "what I'm hearing on the doorstep".

I am pretty sure I know one person who was in favour of Naismith getting the job.