OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

On 14/12/2023 at 14:28, VincentGuerin said:

Wasn't there myself, but mates who were have commented, direct group chat quotes here.

"Load of shite". "McKinlay is an arsehole". "Exactly what you'd expect - c***s".

So, sounds like it went well.

My dad went and said it was ok.... Thought Budge did well but wasn't impressed that the former Technical Director wasn't there 

"I wasn't sure where to go initially, then I followed the steady stream of grey-haired men" 😂

6 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Not a shock, but makes it even more important that we get a right back in and keep Halkett fit.

Yeah if Halkett is back to full fitness and ready to start week in week out we can cope fine without Rowles, even though he's had a good season. We need to have a RB lined up ready to go when the window opens, I amd a fan of Atkinson but injuries and now this mean we need cover badly.

Just now, Tony Wonder said:

Yeah if Halkett is back to full fitness and ready to start week in week out we can cope fine without Rowles, even though he's had a good season. We need to have a RB lined up ready to go when the window opens, I amd a fan of Atkinson but injuries and now this mean we need cover badly.

Aye, I don't think Atkinson's as bad as a lot of people seem to. I think there's a touch of the Grant Murray's about him in that it's fashionable to have a pop, but I don't think he has many bad games. Still, we could do with some competition there.

21 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Aye, I don't think Atkinson's as bad as a lot of people seem to. I think there's a touch of the Grant Murray's about him in that it's fashionable to have a pop, but I don't think he has many bad games. Still, we could do with some competition there.

I think he's improved a lot under Naismith. He's no longer a weak link defensively and really helps the shape if we are playing wing backs with his willingness to get forward. Still not the finished article, and injuries are a concern, but performances like last Saturday show the type of player he can be. It's all about adding consistency.

I'll admit to not really "getting" Denholm before, but he's been excellent the last couple of games. Last week for his tactical discipline, this week for his forward runs and positivity on the ball. He's earned a run in the team.

Baningime also looks to be getting closer to his best. Some lovely turns to make space for himself today. Shame he'll probably be yet another who finds their best run of form/fitness in the last 6 months if their contract.

McKay's return wasn't spectacular but he's always trying things (usually more successfully than Lowry). The second goal today was all about the touch and finish from Shankland, but it wouldn't have happened without McKay popping an early pass into feet in the edge of the box with the outside of his boot. Nothing special, but something we've missed.

On Naismith, obviously it's largely been garbage to watch, but the results since we got knocked out of Europe are difficult to complain about.

Aberdeen (h) - WIN

St Mirren (a) - LOSS

Ross County (a) - WIN

Hibs (h) - DRAW

Celtic (h) - LOSS

Rangers (a) - LOSS

Livingston (h) - WIN

Motherwell (a) - WIN

St Johnstone (h) - WIN

Kilmarnock (a) - WIN

Rangers (h) - LOSS

Aberdeen (a) - LOSS

Celtic (a) - WIN

St Mirren (h) - WIN

25 points out of a possible 42. For comparison, if you take the last time we played each of these fixtures last season, we took a total of 13 points. 

Defence is vastly improved, we're far better at grinding out results on the road, and we're starting to get some consistency at Tynecastle as well. I'll freely admit I thought he was a hopeless dud in September, but he's doing a good job.

And yes, I'll want him fired into the sun if we lose on Wednesday.

6 hours ago, Craigie Jambo said:

That would be as mythical as greg stewart ever being any good

It was officially 7,000 before sales this season but pretty sure some ended their wait before the start

H2H

Greg Stewart was fantastic at Cowdenbeath, Dundee and Kilmarnock. Ok at sevco and a let down at the dons. Then fantastic in India.(not Ash Taylor’s wife to avoid any confusion, although she is also fantastic)

Annoyingly you have discovered some form, enjoy. Hopefully somebody takes Shankland in January as he is also annoyingly on form. 
Merry Xmas anyway 

9 hours ago, Craigie Jambo said:

Only 28 tickets left for Ross County on the 30th

Edit: whoops, another 6 on top of that

But that's it!

-

Contrary conventional wisdom the visits from the old firm have actually been our lowest attendances of the campaign so far. Livingston was the only other game to go below 18k

Rangers are alright but they’re not box office like Ross County 

41 minutes ago, 1GregStewart said:

Greg Stewart was fantastic at Cowdenbeath, Dundee and Kilmarnock. Ok at sevco and a let down at the dons. Then fantastic in India.(not Ash Taylor’s wife to avoid any confusion, although she is also fantastic)

Annoyingly you have discovered some form, enjoy. Hopefully somebody takes Shankland in January as he is also annoyingly on form. 
Merry Xmas anyway 

They've not got enough money, pal

Unless it's english sky tv money, or saudi money :)

-

Edited by Craigie Jambo

24 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Contrary conventional wisdom the visits from the old firm have actually been our lowest attendances of the campaign so far. Livingston was the only other game to go below 18k

Rangers are alright but they’re not box office like Ross County 

The mind boggles as to why that is...