Dunbar United Season 20/21

2 hours ago, #DUFC said:

I acknowledge that there are no easy away games in PL, coupled with it being your local rivals, but it’s another winless league game for Dunbar. 

What exactly is going wrong at the minute? Simple case of overachieving last season? Doing all the right things but not getting the breaks? Or worryingly not quite good enough?

Possibly a combination of all the above but I must say, 6 goals in 8 league games is nowhere near the level we need to be at.

Hopefully we turn the corner quickly or I fear it could be a long, frustrating season. 

I’m going to say I think Dunbar did overachieve last season and I didn’t think that they would do as well as last season. Granted Dunbar beat Haddington twice in the league, but lost the last match (League Cup Tie).

First match at Dunbar, Haddington ‘hammered ‘ the home side in the 1st half, but unbelievably only went in 1-0 at h/t. Second half, HiHi didn’t turn up and Dunbar scored twice to win. 

Return match at Haddington saw a very tight match with Dunbar (if I remember correctly?) scoring a penalty to win.

Cup tie saw a home win for Haddington. I think Dunbar got into a winning mentality and won matches, which this year they might lose?

For today’s match,  there were very few highlights in a dour first half. Brennan definitely the busier of the two keepers in second half and Haddington had 3 late chances which should have won them the match. I think having Gary Small back at the club will definitely help Dunbar. I think they will finish in top half again, but don’t think they will win as many league matches as last season.

Im saying this, knowing that Haddington are not the finished article either, but I do think they will be better than last season’s 8th place.