US Election Betting Thread

Kejan

Get your bets in here. Don't want to clog up the prediction or the other thread, so fire them in here.

I started putting a few punts on about 2-3 months ago. At the time, there was very little value in Democrats so most of my state betting has went on Republicans to win states. Ideal scenario, Trump wins me some money then Biden wins the whole thing via Pennsylvania.

Republicans to win :

Arizona 5/3 £5

Florida 11/10 £5

New Hampshire 4/1 £2.50

North Carolina 5/4 £5

Pennsylvania 2/1 £3.50

New Mexico 6/1 £1.00

Colorado 13/2 £1.00

Nevada 6/4 £2.50

Wisconsin 11/4 £4.50

I don't expect Trump to win almost half of these (NM, Nevada and CO are more out of decent odds and previous Republican states), but I do think he'll win Ohio, Florida, North Carolina, Arizona and Pennsylvania will be very close. I could cash out those states plus Wisconsin and Pennsylvania right now for a profit.

Democrats to win :

Georgia 5/4 £2.50

Texas 9/4 £3.50

Electoral College Votes  : Republicans to get over 227.5 Evens £10

Democrats under 320 Evens £10

Edited by Kejan

Looks like the bookies have closed most of the markets, was tempted by about 10/3 on Biden winning 300+ electoral votes, but the option disappeared. Bet365 aren't taking any bets at all on the election.

Edited by welshbairn

£200 on Biden @1.5 about two weeks ago, which at the time looked as good as it was going to get.

A further £200 overnight @1.8, I went half an hour too early on that but don't really have the stones to put that much on a 3/4.0 bet, regardless of circumstances.

£100 on Biden 320+ ECVs @ just over evens. He needs all of Pennsylvania, Georgia and North Carolina for this right now which still isn't unthinkable, but I've written this off.

£307 on Democrats winning popular vote @1.14. 

Got Biden at 15/8 around 8am this morning when it was looking like the tide was about to turn.
Was trying to keep an eye on the Penn, Michigan & Georgia races but ended up too late. PP suspended the betting around midday and then lowered the dems odds significantly.

On 04/11/2020 at 18:02, welshbairn said:

Looks like the bookies have closed most of the markets, was tempted by about 10/3 on Biden winning 300+ electoral votes, but the option disappeared. Bet365 aren't taking any bets at all on the election.

Wish I'd got in on that in time, think it was still going but Bet365 had it under live betting and I missed it.

27 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Over 600m now matched on the betfair exchange market and it's still live. Trump into 10 now with Biden at 1.1 which despite being 10% less a little commission seems to be friendless.

Never used the exchange but it would be tempting to take some money off true believers. Are there many still looking for people to take bets on Trump? Never played bookie before but it's tempting.

Edited by welshbairn

Got 11/4 on Biden on Election nigh with Betway, still hasn't been paid out.

Is there a cash out. Not saying you should take it just wondering what it was. About an hour before CNN called it my cash out was 34p off the full amount lol.

5 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

Still waiting on my Trump 210-239 Electoral College Votes at 7/1 with Sky Bet.  £20 on which is funding Christmas gifts for my wife so need this settled asap :lol: 

Sky Bet must read this thread as it's paid out now.  Result.