Conquering Europe

oneteaminglasgow

July 2078

E73Tbok.png

A poorer month. We were moments from beating St Pat's Athletic, despite having ten men, but we were nowhere fucking near it in the other games. 

Q9Zw50r.png

Down to fifth, but looks like we'll have a shot at battling for the European spots. Something to play for at least.

August 2078

unRci4v.png

Mostly good stuff here, especially given that both of my main centre midfielders have been injured since the Galway match. We're still in the cup as well, playing Cork in the next round. I'd like to think we have a shot there.

Season is going about as well as I could have expected.

LuL55Fr.png

Down to fourth, but with a decent enough lead over fifth - albeit having played a game more. One more round of matches to go.

September 2078

QPVFk3P.png

Busy month, but mostly good stuff. Still in both the Irish Cup and the Challenge Cup (where we'll be playing Waterford, so we might reach the quarters without facing any Scottish sides). Three wins in the four winnable league games as well, I'll take that. 

We actually competed well against Shamrock for the opening half hour, but then got a red card and that was that fucked.

QCsEjbi.png

We're in with a decent shout of playing in Europe next season, which would be nice. Four games to go, with two against the bottom sides, and another one against a team we can beat (we also play Dundalk).

Argentina

oHo1maT.png

f**k knows why I organised these games. Gave my squad a nice easy return to action after the world cup I suppose, but basically pointless. 

October 2078

bySOSEW.png

I do actually have one more game to play this month, which as you'll see is the Irish Cup final after a penalty shootout win against Dundalk - delicious. We were very close to going out the first time round, with a last minute goal rescuing us, and the replay was us shitfesting and hoping for the best in penalties. It won't work often, but it worked this time.

Mixed in the league, but not dreadful stuff and a comfortable win over Galway was enough to get us where we needed to be...

AHHx476.png

As we've secured a top four finish - with a game to spare. 

Anyway, cup final next which is against Waterford so a straight shootout for both cup glory and a European spot.

Argentina

zZndQz3.png

We should have beaten Nigeria too, but two friendlies against relatively decent sides. I've got nothing competitive for absolutely ages as obviously there's no qualifying for the Copa America, so this'll be it for a while. 

Irish Cup Final - 2078

Spoiler

ukVLYlE.png

Ronan O'Shea has just made his signing worthwhile. What a boi. They hit the bar straight after that as well. We rode our luck throughout the game, but we got there in the end. Waterford should have won it.

I fucking love a penalty shootout this season. Played five, won five. Glorious stuff.

V1c7n83.png

rTaEZCH.png

November 2078

zzyx6mz.png

Two wins to round out the season, and plenty of goals scored - while the real Arbroath are the best team in the Championship, on here they're a midtable league one side, so that wasn't too bad. UCD are pretty crap but did give us a game at least.

eBiGvbx.png

For completeness, this is the final table although there's no meaningful change from last time.

And as for the semi final of the Challenge Cup...

Zz02myV.png

Argentina

nhxBXv6.png

Very comfortable wins over the land of the free and their less mental neighbours.

Irish Presidents Cup - 2079

I completely forgot that Ireland have a community shield type thing where the league winner plays against the cup winner, so I'm playing in that at the start of our season. We'll be playing Shamrock Rovers, obviously.

IvSK2GJ.png

The board don't give a f**k about it, but I'd like to win it.

Spoiler

KQk3YR6.png

And we did exactly that - wonderful stuff.

It was one of those game where we managed to score with just about every attack we had, while they were doing pretty much everything except get the final ball right. Works for me though, and we've won the President's Cup.

JYBLsyt.png

XpuCxOC.png

Transfers 2079

kul8GuS.png

DygXg06.png

Mwc2xJ3.png

A whole host of complete deadwood moved on, and a young potentially good player out on loan. so all in all a very positive transfer window on this front.

DXEoTR6.png

Just the three players coming in, but all three will improve my first team so I'm delighted with it.

Louis Burnett is a central midfielder, and should do well. He's not the finished article, not even close, but he's better than what I had. Outrageously good team player, and work rate is fantastic too - needs to work on the technical side of the game but that'll come.

Spoiler

HLhvNVn.png

Gavin Meade is a centre half, and another who is better than what I had. All of his stats are pretty good, apart from his heading, but he has a lot of very good stuff in there. Pleasing.

Spoiler

NLpO3Pk.png

Roy McKnight joins on loan, and he has also signed a pre-contact so he'll join permanently soon enough. We'll be without him for about a month between the loan ending and the contract starting. In any case, he's another defensively solid full back, doesn't do much going forward but finding anyone who does at this level is always tough.

Spoiler

JudQ3Tb.png

February 2079

RChhH8T.png

I don't want to get carried away, but that is an incredibly promising start to the season. We were 2-1 down to Dundalk and then had a man sent off, so that was particularly good.

Through to the Challenge Cup final and all with a last minute penalty - outstanding.

FqQpcgh.png

Could not ask for more. Still early days obviously.

y555l4h.png

And we're facing Aberdeen in the challenge cup final - they're currently a League One side, and much worse than Thistle so we have a shot. 

If you want to take and update this list rather than me doing it every time, go for it

2020-21 | Andorra | 1st Tier | Penya Encarnada | 8/8 | 23 points
2021-22 | Andorra | 1st Tier | Penya Encarnada | sacked
2022 | Estonia | 1st Tier | TJK Legion | 5/10 | 44 points
2023 | Estonia | 1st Tier | TJK Legion | 2/10 | 77 points | Estonian Cup 
2024 | Estonia | 1st Tier | Paide LM | 1/10 | 94 points
2025-26 | San Marino | 1st Tier | San Giovanni | 12/15 | 36 points | Title won via play-off | San Marino Cup
2026-27 | Wales | 1st Tier | Bala Town | 4/12 | 48 points
2027-28 | Wales | 1st Tier | Bala Town | 3/12 | 58 points | Europa Conference League Qualifying 2nd Round
2028-29 | Wales | 1st Tier | Bala Town | 2/12 | 68 points | Europa Conference League Qualifying 2nd Round
2029-30 | Wales | 1st Tier | Bala Town | 1/12 | 79 points | Europa Conference League Qualifying 2nd Round | Welsh League Cup
2030-31 | Gibraltar | 1st Tier | Boca Juniors | 7/12 | 32 points
2031-32 | Gibraltar | 1st Tier | Boca Juniors | 5/12 | 23 points
2032-33 | Gibraltar | 1st Tier | Boca Juniors | left
2032-33 | Andorra | 1st Tier | U.E. Santa Coloma | 5/8 | 31 points
2033-34 | Andorra | 1st Tier | U.E. Santa Coloma | 1/8 | 64 points | Andorran Cup |
2034-35 | Gibraltar | 1st Tier | Lynx | 1/12 | 60 points | Europa Conference League Qualifying 1st Round
2036-37 | Kosovo | 1st Tier | Gjilani | 2/10 | 57 points
2037-38 | Kosovo | 1st Tier | Gjilani | 1/10 | 62 points | Europa Conference League Qualifying 1st Round
2039 | Iceland | 2nd Tier | Leiknir | 1/12 | 45 points | Promoted
2040 | Iceland | 1st Tier | Leiknir | 7/12 | 29 points
2041 | Iceland | 1st Tier | Leiknir | 3/12 | 49 points |
2042 | Iceland | 1st Tier | Leiknir | 1/12 | 55 points | Icelandic Cup
2043 | Faroe Islands | 2nd Tier | 07 Vestur | 1/10 | 57 points | Promoted
2044 | Faroe Islands | 1st Tier | 07 Vestur | 3/10 | 48 points
2045 | Faroe Islands | 1st Tier | 07 Vestur | 1/10 | 65 points | Faroe Islands Cup
2045-46 | Malta | 1st Tier | Ghajnsielem | 3/16 | 45 points
2046-47 | Malta | 1st Tier | Ghajnsielem | 1/16 | 77 points | Europa Conference League Qualifying 1st Round
2047-48 | Moldova | 1st Tier | Spartanii Selemet | 9/10 | 21 points | Stayed up through playoff
2048-49 | Moldova | 1st Tier | Spartanii Selemet | left
2048-49 | Moldova | 1st Tier | Dinamo-Auto Tiraspol | 5/10 | 43 points
2049-50 | Moldova | 1st Tier | Dinamo-Auto Tiraspol | 3/10 | 65 points
2050-51 | Moldova | 1st Tier | Dinamo-Auto Tiraspol | 1/10 | 91 points | Europa Conference League Qualifying 3rd Round
2051 | Georgia | 1st Tier | Merani | 7/10 | 43 points
2052 | Georgia | 1st Tier | Merani | 4/10 | 66 points | Georgia Cup
2053 | Georgia | 1st Tier | Merani | 2/10 | 85 points | Europa Conference League 3rd Round | Georgia Super Cup, Georgia Cup
2054 | Georgia | 1st Tier | Merani | 1/10 | 88 points | Europa Conference League 3rd Round | Georgia Super Cup, Georgia Cup
2055 | Finland | 2nd Tier | FC Lahti | 1/12 | 64 points | Promoted
2056 | Finland | 1st Tier | FC Lahti | 1/12 | 65 points
2056-57 | Montenegro | 1st Tier | Berane | 9/10 | 30 points | Stayed up through playoff
2057-58 | Montenegro | 1st Tier | Berane | 4/10 | 65 points
2058-59 | Montenegro | 1st Tier | Berane | 1/10 | 89 points | Europa Conference League Qualifying 2nd Round
2059-60 | Albania | 1st Tier | Apolonia | 7/10 | 42 points
2060-61 | Albania | 1st Tier | Apolonia | 1/10 | 78 points
2061 | Latvia | 1st Tier | BFC Daugavpils | 6/10 | 44 points
2062 | Latvia | 1st Tier | BFC Daugavpils | 1/10 | 79 points
2062-63 | North Macedonia | 1st Tier | Gostivar | 6/12 | 55 points
2063-64 | North Macedonia | 1st Tier | Gostivar | 1/12 | 106 points
2064-65 | Luxembourg | 1st Tier | Swift Hesperange | 11/16 | 38 points
2065-66 | Luxembourg | 1st Tier | Swift Hesperange | 2/16 | 64 points
2066-67 | Luxembourg | 1st Tier | Swift Hesperange | 1/16 | 69 points | Europa Conference League Qualifying 1st Round | Luxembourg Cup
2067-68 | Armenia | 2nd Tier | L.A. Goris | 3/11 | 31 points
2068-69 | Armenia | 2nd Tier | L.A. Goris | 2/11 | 40 points | Promoted
2069-70 | Armenia | 1st Tier | L.A. Goris | 9/10 | 8 points | Stayed up through playoff
2070-71 | Armenia | 1st Tier | L.A. Goris | 5/10 | 36 points
2071-72 | Armenia | 1st Tier | L.A. Goris | 1/10 | 59 points | Armenia Cup
2072-73 | Bosnia | 1st Tier | Kozara | 2/12 | 68 points | Bosnia Cup
2073-74 | Bosnia | 1st Tier | Kozara | 2/12 | 73 points | Europa Conference League 2nd Knockout Round | Bosnia Cup
2074-75 | Bosnia | 1st Tier | Kozara | 2/12 | 80 points | Europa Conference League Quarter Final
2075-76 | Bosnia | 1st Tier | Kozara | 1/12 | 85 points | Europa League 1st Knockout Round | Bosnia Cup
2076 | Ireland | 2nd Tier | Finn Harps | 4/10 | 42 points | Promoted through playoff
2077 | Ireland | 1st Tier | Finn Harps | 6/12 | 47 points
2078 | Ireland | 1st Tier | Finn Harps | 4/12 | 59 points | Irish Cup

2032-33 | Scotland Under 19s
2033-34 | Scotland Under 19s | UEFA Under 19s Championship | Eliminated in groups | left
2044-45 | Malaysia National Team
2045-46 | Malaysia National Team | Qualified for 2047 Asian Cup
2046-47 | Malaysia National Team | Won 2046 AFF Championship | 2047 Asian Cup Round of 16
2047-48 | Malaysia National Team | Left
2054-55 | Nigeria Under 23s | Won 2055 Under 23 African Cup of Nations | Left
2060-61 | Latvia National Team | Promoted from Nations League D
2061-62 | Latvia National Team | Stayed in Nations League C
2064-65 | Germany National Team | Won Nations League
2065-66 | Germany National Team | Won World Cup
2066-67 | Germany National Team | Won Nations League
2067-68 | Germany National Team | Won European Championship | Left
2072-73 | Lithuania National Team | Stayed in Nations League C
2075-76 | Lithuania National Team | Left
2076-77 | Argentina National Team
2077-78 | Argentina National Team | Won World Cup

March 2079

sEdkULF.png

Still unbeaten in the league, but two draws where we could have done better.

One major downside I've already covered was the cup final, but overall our season is still going great.

xccyrhB.png

Just a point ahead, but with a game in hand.

Argentina

PRIFkOC.png

Threw in a few young players, did ok but realistically we should be beating Scotland. Doesn't matter though, I'm just counting down till the Copa America.

OvVXyw0.png

Bit of team news, my main right winger is fucked for the season so I've had to find a replacement.

Step forward Kyle Clements. He's fast, a good dribbler and has ok end product, I think. Has really poor mental stats for the most part, which is why he's playing at this level, but I'm hoping he'll do fine.

Spoiler

oK7T70i.png

April 2079

SBr38st.png

Our unbeaten start to the league came to an end, but other than that a flawless month. We're not exactly blowing anyone away, but grinding out results is enough for me. 1-0's all season would be magic.

sPzW5Y4.png

Still top, despite the loss to Shamrock. It's all going well so far.

Q37SZAm.png

This was the main dampener on the month though - that's two of my main sources of goals out for the season. Shite.

May 2079

DWVIq3T.png

A very poor end to the month, but good wins before that.

We're going to have to manage to take something from Shamrock Rovers at some point mind. That's twice we've just been comfortably outplayed by them, and we've still to play them twice - can't just rely on them dropping points to everyone else.

phHAMx1.png

We're still top as it stands, although it was a seven point gap just two games ago.

As I said, we need to start picking something up against Shamrock. 

June 2079

4OoafKv.png

We've scraped together three wins in a row, but we got the wins and that's what really matters. We very nearly fucked it against UCD but a couple of really late goals rescued it. Delightful stuff.

Performances need to improve a bit if we're to keep this up though. these are some of the poorer sides in the league.

rPkXQgn.png

Lead at the top is back to three points.

Argentina

8MIob8j.png

A brief and successful tour of the Antipodes. 

We have a few more friendlies in September, and then the world cup qualifiers start up in October. That'll be good, I'm fairly sick of these friendlies. 

Europa Conference League - First Qualifying Round - 2079

Spoiler

HFqaKJF.png

A decent enough first leg, despite the loss. I thought there would be a bit of a gulf between the sides, but actually we were quite close to them quality wise. With that in mind, we should have a chance at getting a win in the away leg and heading through.

Spoiler

0wtZ3a1.png

Wonderful.

Dimitrov is a new boy, we'll get to him shortly, but we played really well. I got a bit of a scare when they scored just before half time, but we regrouped during the break and we were fine. Well deserved, and we get the honour of being put out by CSKA Moscow.

Europa Conference League - Second Qualifying Round - 2079

Spoiler

iYxKvpO.png

We took a completely unexpected lead, and we held on to it for quite a long time. Up until their equaliser, it was a genuinely remarkable performance from us. We collapsed in the last couple of minutes though, and that was a fucking sickener. 

Second leg to come, and I don't hold out much hope. We played about as well as we could possibly play, and lost 3-1.

Spoiler

cAvlKPw.png

Ah f**k it, the european run ends. We were always going to lose to a team like CSKA, so I'm not that fussed.