Conquering Europe

oneteaminglasgow

Transfers 2080

xOz1jEG.png

I never let anyone leave, as despite a lot of them being absolutely pish, my squad was really quite small so I desperately needed the depth.

Incoming, we had Akis Mesolongis, a greek centre half. He's ok, more than decent enough for this level, but this level is shite. He won't be good enough if we're going to make the step up a division but will have to go for now.

Spoiler

mBrwLNE.png

Deividas Juska is alright, I suppose. He's decent enough on the ball, pretty good mentally. I'll take him. Nothing special though - that'll be a recurring theme.

Spoiler

rOdM5A1.png

Lukosiunas is here to provide depth and that's it. I think he's mostly garbage who's only redeeming quality is his pace, but the other right wingers willing to sign for me didn't even have that.

Spoiler

4xhuSYm.png

Justas Ivanauskas is a good ball winning midfielder, so I'm pleased with that. He should allow me to carry someone like Juska by doing all the hard work for him, so that's helpful.

Spoiler

qyg0Dq4.png

Kestutsis Butkus is a left back who can also play at centre half, and that versatility is a fair bit of the reason I signed him. He's really not very good.

Spoiler

4tuoy64.png

Turns out that the Lithuanian lower leagues are full of complete dross - who would have thought it?

This may be a bit of a slog. 

March 2080

f9Jd2Vt.png

I'll stick a wildly positive slant on this and say it's an unbeaten start to the season, but in reality we've not been very good in most of these games. We've not lost but, and that's something.

5iItW5U.png

Early doors, but we'll probably finish around here because we're not very good.

Argentina

4OpVlJa.png

Another couple of routine wins in the World Cup qualifying.

That's us until the Copa America.

nuc8bbP.png

Straightforward stuff so far. 

April 2080

c1Ny0gc.png

We've been able to pick up some wins, including a very decent win over top flight Hegelmann Litmanen. Vestartas has also had an excellent month with six goals, so all in all it's looking much more positive. 

I'm still not entirely certain whether we're an ok side or not, we're doing fine but I can't get over the feeling that we're actually really poor and we'll crash down the league at some point. Maybe, maybe not.

gkx4GRG.png

Midtable nonentities as it stands though, but there's plenty of time to go and the league is very tight. We're one of two unbeaten sides too, which is nice.

May 2080

Started the month with another new signing, Deimantas Paulius. He's a left midfielder/striker, and he's a very technically proficient player, but physically quite poor. His decision making is also not great, neither are his crossing or passing, but I think his movement, finishing and touch will mean he's a good goal threat.

Spoiler

PPjpZ5S.png

N7GRcAL.png

Another good month, and it would appear that my fears about secretly being shite were misplaced. We're a fairly boring team, but very competent and we've got the ability to grind out results so I'll take that.

eNRH6Ok.png

We're now sitting in the promotion playoff spot, although we'll drop out if Dziugas win their game in hand. 

That'll do. 

Copa America 2080

I go into the Copa America as world champions, and with some amount of pedigree in the competition - Argentina have won 7 of the 15 Copa Americas to take place during the save, and only failed to make at least the semi final twice. Expectations will be high then...

T9bYIVj.png

Anyway, I only played one warm up friendly, and I scheduled a nice easy game against local minnows Suriname to ease us into the tournament.

EdbopPs.png

Pretty much as expected. The main news from this, however, was that Fernando Fernandez, scorer of four in this match and my main striker picked up an injury which will keep him out of the tournament. So that's a bummer.

ZGP7Mtl.png

And this is the squad who will (hopefully) be bringing further glory to Argentina. There's a few new faces from my World Cup squad, most notably in the defence, but this squad also has a number of World Cup and Copa America winners, so I'm hopeful they've got what it takes to win this. As before, I would say that Conedera, Canete, Ibanez and Di Pizio are some of the guys to watch. Cellamare hasn't played for us since the World Cup win, but I've brought him back in after Fernandez' injury - let's see if he proves a point.

dVCFyTJ.png

And that's the group we've got - with four going through, it shouldn't present much bother. We're certainly in the weaker group as Colombia, Mexico and Brazil are all in the other and I'd say they're all better than any of my opponents.

Here we go...

Spoiler

GO4SV0N.png

We started off with what should be our toughest tie of the group stage, and we put in a pretty sluggish and lacklustre performance to be honest, but still enough for us to get the win. The USA were dominant without being threatening once following our first goal, but after the equaliser we started playing a bit and got what we needed.

VTbtnTf.png

As I said, this group should be little more than a formality. Big win for Venezuela as well, although I would firmly expect Bolivia to be whipping boys in the group.

Spoiler

SZgM1JT.png

We made hard work of that with some really poor finishing, including a missed penalty, but we got there in the end with the last kick of the game. Should have won that by four or five goals though, and they scored their only two chances.

We've not been overly impressive yet.

El2Vogh.png

I would say that even if we lose our three remaining games we've got a decent chance of going through with what we have already.

Spoiler

BfsWJna.png

That's a bit more like it. I still don't think that we reached the levels that we're capable of, but it was a very comfortable victory and a solid showing.

WFzNZsm.png

And just like that we're heading to the quarter finals.

Spoiler

4Smeqil.png

A good old fashioned pumping. We missed two penalties as well, so could and should have been even more comprehensive.

6Ivbklf.png

Chile join us in the next round, with one more group game to go.

Spoiler

ELcfeup.png

Ah well, was resting some of my players and we were already through top of the group so I really didn't care about this game. Probably should have won anyway, but f**k it.

9rAdZBV.png

So our group ends up like this with the USA sticking nine past Bolivia and Uruguay beating Venezuela to secure their spot in the next round. The other group finishes up like...

7yvcf5v.png

Which means that

DBVAIk3.png

We should be getting to the semi final.

Spoiler

UXgZqaA.png

Really straightforward tie, as I thought it would be. They started out well and looked like they might put up a bit of a fight, but never seriously threatened our goal and once the first went in they crumbled.

PirpE3r.png

The full quarter finals went like this, and as I said our group was weaker with us the only side going through from our group.

D95L08L.png

Now the tough stuff begins.

Spoiler

THFpRnq.png

Gonzalo :wub: I can always rely on him to pop up when I need him. We were simply better than Colombia in this game, no danger whatsoever that we weren't reaching the final.

As an aside, we've now been awarded six penalties in our seven games at this tournament. The Rangers of South America.

Anyway, would it be Brazil or Mexico waiting for us in the final...

Spoiler

p3Fxrsa.png

A superclassico it is then.

tenor.gif

Spoiler

EWMrMEq.png

For completeness, Colombia came third.

Mexico managed to lose comfortably to both Brazil and Colombia after beating them in the group stages. Way to pick your moment lads.

Spoiler

I haven't played Brazil in quite a while, but I think I beat them the last time we played - not that it makes any difference I suppose.

Still, a final so anything can happen...

Spoiler

7uj5Ezz.png

I'll take that as a start, with Cellamare scoring from the rebound after a Conedera shot was saved. That'll settle the nerves nicely.

Spoiler

432L7cu.png

Something of a spanner in the works there though.

That said, they haven't threatened us at all yet. Should be two though, hopefully we won't regret that.

Spoiler

U52WIQL.png

It's been comfortable. It should be 2-0, but it isn't. I can't imagine they'll continue to be as toothless in the second half, so a nice early goal again would be magic.

Spoiler

QIYb8Yr.png

Gonzalo Conedera you fucking beautiful man.

Great finish, makes amends for his missed penalty and we're in total control now. We should see this out.

Spoiler

fVDv1sU.png

Game over, Conedera from the spot again. 

Amount of penalties we're getting is farcical, but I won't be complaining.

Spoiler

X1oZGuM.png

fefH56L.png

pN013JD.png

And that is the job done - as comfortable a game of football as I could have hoped for. Brazil were really, really poor but the headline news is that we're South American champions, and I can tick that off my list.

Anyway, while that was going on the Euros were being hosted by Scotland and Wales.

Reigning champions Scotland did quite well, with a 3-0 win over Wales in the second round being utterly delicious. However, this has me absolutely fucking furious.

euTPjry.png

Imagine Scotland - the European Champions - reaching a semi final of a major tournament which they're co-hosts of, and they stick it in fucking Cardiff. Absolutely seething at the thought of it. 

June 2080

I also had club matches during that tournament, and I also had a signing to make - central/attacking midfielder Rares Udeanu. He's good for this level, pretty good technical player, no major faults - I'm happy enough with him. Will definitely improve my first 11. 

Spoiler

wCW0Db6.png

R6lczbJ.png

On the pitch, we were fucking pish though. Like, really bad. Dziugas thumped us, and we couldn't even beat bottom of the table Atlantas. Dreadful.

LOSMhFH.png

So we're back to midtable, where I think we'll stay.

Oh well. 

July 2080

BM1n5t6.png

We're still in the cup, so that's something but our league form has continued to be really poor. 

Might be a bit of a long term effort if I'm staying with the leisure centre. Will probably have a look at the end of the season to see what's available.

1pKWrBL.png

Unless we somehow win the cup, we'll be achieving nothing this season.

September 2080

y7oCd68.png

I will absolutely take that, scraping my way to three wins. We've also made a cup final, which is a fairly remarkable effort from us I'd say. Suduva are one of Lithuania's big clubs, so great stuff really. Two wins in the league against sides we should be beating, but definitely needed them.

HHhm0rH.png

And that puts us in a good position to get the playoff spot, but we have three teams breathing down our neck.

We're playing Jonava on the final day of the season, so hopefully we can keep the title fight alive until then.

October 2080

bdNMxhq.png

.Things just keep getting better and better. Siaullai are pretty pish, so we should be beating them, but Vytis were one of the sides in the title fight, and we totally blew them away. They came back into it in the second half but the job was done by then. 

This run has been mental.

lWZZZn5.png

We're almost there. I also don't need to worry about Zalgiris as they can't be promoted.

Two games left - Suduva B and Jonava.

Matchday 25 - November 2080

Spoiler

8xje3DQ.png

Step one complete, and we're guaranteed to be in the playoffs at least.

Suduva B weren't very good. Jonava's win meant that we'll need to get something off them on the final day to ensure promotion, and a win to ensure the league title.

F7puGYS.png

Crunch time.

But up next - the cup final.

Lithuanian Cup Final 2080

Well the cup final has come around, and we're playing Zalgiris Vilnius - the big team of Lithuanian football. They've won 25 top flight titles, 25 cups and 21 Supercups. We've finished runners up of the "Lithuanian under 19's group 3" twice. It's a bit of a David v Goliath situation.

Spoiler

JVvFW5x.png

David got his c**t kicked in.

This was just a step too far, but they're the best side in the country just now and we're... well, not that. Lithuania seems to have a massive gulf between the top five and everyone else.

Our goal was nice though.

Matchday 26 - November 2080

Spoiler

k4XTPaZ.png

rqoiCso.png

We are going up.

Blew them away in the first 42 minutes, then there was a short period of them dominating including the penalty. Half time came at a good time for us though, and after the break we were in complete control, even if we didn't attack very much.

Delighted with that run of form at the end of the season. Nine wins in a row to go from eight points off top to a point to a point clear.

3fTKVfu.png

ERkopoT.png

GTQx0Uz.png

Jonava may yet join us in the top flight, but the lower league team has only won the playoff once in the 12 seasons since I loaded Lithuania up.

I have a lot of improving to do if we're to have any chance next season.

2020-21 | Andorra | 1st Tier | Penya Encarnada | 8/8 | 23 points
2021-22 | Andorra | 1st Tier | Penya Encarnada | sacked
2022 | Estonia | 1st Tier | TJK Legion | 5/10 | 44 points
2023 | Estonia | 1st Tier | TJK Legion | 2/10 | 77 points | Estonian Cup 
2024 | Estonia | 1st Tier | Paide LM | 1/10 | 94 points
2025-26 | San Marino | 1st Tier | San Giovanni | 12/15 | 36 points | Title won via play-off | San Marino Cup
2026-27 | Wales | 1st Tier | Bala Town | 4/12 | 48 points
2027-28 | Wales | 1st Tier | Bala Town | 3/12 | 58 points | Europa Conference League Qualifying 2nd Round
2028-29 | Wales | 1st Tier | Bala Town | 2/12 | 68 points | Europa Conference League Qualifying 2nd Round
2029-30 | Wales | 1st Tier | Bala Town | 1/12 | 79 points | Europa Conference League Qualifying 2nd Round | Welsh League Cup
2030-31 | Gibraltar | 1st Tier | Boca Juniors | 7/12 | 32 points
2031-32 | Gibraltar | 1st Tier | Boca Juniors | 5/12 | 23 points
2032-33 | Gibraltar | 1st Tier | Boca Juniors | left
2032-33 | Andorra | 1st Tier | U.E. Santa Coloma | 5/8 | 31 points
2033-34 | Andorra | 1st Tier | U.E. Santa Coloma | 1/8 | 64 points | Andorran Cup |
2034-35 | Gibraltar | 1st Tier | Lynx | 1/12 | 60 points | Europa Conference League Qualifying 1st Round
2036-37 | Kosovo | 1st Tier | Gjilani | 2/10 | 57 points
2037-38 | Kosovo | 1st Tier | Gjilani | 1/10 | 62 points | Europa Conference League Qualifying 1st Round
2039 | Iceland | 2nd Tier | Leiknir | 1/12 | 45 points | Promoted
2040 | Iceland | 1st Tier | Leiknir | 7/12 | 29 points
2041 | Iceland | 1st Tier | Leiknir | 3/12 | 49 points |
2042 | Iceland | 1st Tier | Leiknir | 1/12 | 55 points | Icelandic Cup
2043 | Faroe Islands | 2nd Tier | 07 Vestur | 1/10 | 57 points | Promoted
2044 | Faroe Islands | 1st Tier | 07 Vestur | 3/10 | 48 points
2045 | Faroe Islands | 1st Tier | 07 Vestur | 1/10 | 65 points | Faroe Islands Cup
2045-46 | Malta | 1st Tier | Ghajnsielem | 3/16 | 45 points
2046-47 | Malta | 1st Tier | Ghajnsielem | 1/16 | 77 points | Europa Conference League Qualifying 1st Round
2047-48 | Moldova | 1st Tier | Spartanii Selemet | 9/10 | 21 points | Stayed up through playoff
2048-49 | Moldova | 1st Tier | Spartanii Selemet | left
2048-49 | Moldova | 1st Tier | Dinamo-Auto Tiraspol | 5/10 | 43 points
2049-50 | Moldova | 1st Tier | Dinamo-Auto Tiraspol | 3/10 | 65 points
2050-51 | Moldova | 1st Tier | Dinamo-Auto Tiraspol | 1/10 | 91 points | Europa Conference League Qualifying 3rd Round
2051 | Georgia | 1st Tier | Merani | 7/10 | 43 points
2052 | Georgia | 1st Tier | Merani | 4/10 | 66 points | Georgia Cup
2053 | Georgia | 1st Tier | Merani | 2/10 | 85 points | Europa Conference League 3rd Round | Georgia Super Cup, Georgia Cup
2054 | Georgia | 1st Tier | Merani | 1/10 | 88 points | Europa Conference League 3rd Round | Georgia Super Cup, Georgia Cup
2055 | Finland | 2nd Tier | FC Lahti | 1/12 | 64 points | Promoted
2056 | Finland | 1st Tier | FC Lahti | 1/12 | 65 points
2056-57 | Montenegro | 1st Tier | Berane | 9/10 | 30 points | Stayed up through playoff
2057-58 | Montenegro | 1st Tier | Berane | 4/10 | 65 points
2058-59 | Montenegro | 1st Tier | Berane | 1/10 | 89 points | Europa Conference League Qualifying 2nd Round
2059-60 | Albania | 1st Tier | Apolonia | 7/10 | 42 points
2060-61 | Albania | 1st Tier | Apolonia | 1/10 | 78 points
2061 | Latvia | 1st Tier | BFC Daugavpils | 6/10 | 44 points
2062 | Latvia | 1st Tier | BFC Daugavpils | 1/10 | 79 points
2062-63 | North Macedonia | 1st Tier | Gostivar | 6/12 | 55 points
2063-64 | North Macedonia | 1st Tier | Gostivar | 1/12 | 106 points
2064-65 | Luxembourg | 1st Tier | Swift Hesperange | 11/16 | 38 points
2065-66 | Luxembourg | 1st Tier | Swift Hesperange | 2/16 | 64 points
2066-67 | Luxembourg | 1st Tier | Swift Hesperange | 1/16 | 69 points | Europa Conference League Qualifying 1st Round | Luxembourg Cup
2067-68 | Armenia | 2nd Tier | L.A. Goris | 3/11 | 31 points
2068-69 | Armenia | 2nd Tier | L.A. Goris | 2/11 | 40 points | Promoted
2069-70 | Armenia | 1st Tier | L.A. Goris | 9/10 | 8 points | Stayed up through playoff
2070-71 | Armenia | 1st Tier | L.A. Goris | 5/10 | 36 points
2071-72 | Armenia | 1st Tier | L.A. Goris | 1/10 | 59 points | Armenia Cup
2072-73 | Bosnia | 1st Tier | Kozara | 2/12 | 68 points | Bosnia Cup
2073-74 | Bosnia | 1st Tier | Kozara | 2/12 | 73 points | Europa Conference League 2nd Knockout Round | Bosnia Cup
2074-75 | Bosnia | 1st Tier | Kozara | 2/12 | 80 points | Europa Conference League Quarter Final
2075-76 | Bosnia | 1st Tier | Kozara | 1/12 | 85 points | Europa League 1st Knockout Round | Bosnia Cup
2076 | Ireland | 2nd Tier | Finn Harps | 4/10 | 42 points | Promoted through playoff
2077 | Ireland | 1st Tier | Finn Harps | 6/12 | 47 points
2078 | Ireland | 1st Tier | Finn Harps | 4/12 | 59 points | Irish Cup
2079 | Ireland | 1st Tier | Finn Harps | 1/12 | 79 points | Irish Presidents Cup | Europa Conference League Qualifying 2nd Round
2080 | Lithuania | 2nd Tier | Finn Harps | 1/14 | 52 points | Promoted

2032-33 | Scotland Under 19s
2033-34 | Scotland Under 19s | UEFA Under 19s Championship | Eliminated in groups | left
2044-45 | Malaysia National Team
2045-46 | Malaysia National Team | Qualified for 2047 Asian Cup
2046-47 | Malaysia National Team | Won 2046 AFF Championship | 2047 Asian Cup Round of 16
2047-48 | Malaysia National Team | Left
2054-55 | Nigeria Under 23s | Won 2055 Under 23 African Cup of Nations | Left
2060-61 | Latvia National Team | Promoted from Nations League D
2061-62 | Latvia National Team | Stayed in Nations League C
2064-65 | Germany National Team | Won Nations League
2065-66 | Germany National Team | Won World Cup
2066-67 | Germany National Team | Won Nations League
2067-68 | Germany National Team | Won European Championship | Left
2072-73 | Lithuania National Team | Stayed in Nations League C
2075-76 | Lithuania National Team | Left
2076-77 | Argentina National Team
2077-78 | Argentina National Team | Won World Cup