Conquering Europe

oneteaminglasgow

November 2112

iUw1nfG.png

That's another excellent month.

10 men rescued a point at home to Lech Poznan, and then we followed that up with a sensational win at home to Augsburg. They're a good side, and we made them look extremely average.

We're still going in the cup as well, and I'm hoping that we can get some silverware.

OLFYUL5.png

Still in third place, but we're hanging in there with the top two. The fewest losses in the league as well.

XXmPblT.png

Almost as importantly, the wins over Tirana and Augsburg have us through to the next round of Conference League. A win over Kyiv will have us straight to the second knockout stage.

January & February 2113

WgPwn2K.png

A few outgoings from the first team. I'd have kept Trelowski, but 20 million quid isn't really something I can turn down. Wolny signed a deal elsewhere, so rather than him leave for nothing I just got what I could. Danel was a good young player, but cashed in anyway.

SC8RcNd.png

And I've brought in some players as well.

Mun Chung-Yuk is a Norwegian/North Korean striker, and he looks fantastic. A really good finisher, great composure and movement off the ball. He's not the quickest, or the strongest, but I think we can work on that and, if he does, then he'll be an outstanding player in the Polish leagues.

Spoiler

C4jH09x.png

Ondrej Tichota is a centre half who is the replacement for Wolny. A very solid player defensively - he's not great on the ball though, but still should be good. Probably paid over the odds a wee bit.

Spoiler

TLZtgxg.png

Maximilliano Charquero is a defensive minded central midfielder. A hard worker, a good passer and a decent defensive player. There's obviously aspects of his game that need to be improved, but I'm pleased with him. He did immediately get injured though, which is a shame.

Spoiler

5YdmwKV.png

Mihailo Novovic is a familiar face as my keeper from Kecskemeti. He's probably not quite as good as Solis is right now, but Solis is getting on a bit, so Novovic is intended to be the long term replacement.

Spoiler

6PVgrRv.png

Yevgen Dragolyuk is a right winger, and he's good. Just an out and out winger, he's a good dribbler, can cross and is fast as f**k. I like him a lot.

Spoiler

PU8Ujxk.png

Danel leaving meant there was only one right back in my squad, so I've brought in Bosnian Fatih Sudzuka. He's a defensive player first and foremost, but he can also pass and has a good long throw on him which might be useful to us at points.

Spoiler

sdimqMm.png

And that's that. Anyway, onto the results.

28Ikqkv.png

Some start for Mun Chung-Guk with three goals in his first three games.

We have lost to Pogon again, which is hugely frustrating as they're the only team to beat us this season. We just can't get the better of them. Good stuff other than that though.

Ywp5hTx.png

We're still in second, but five points off Lech now. I doubt we'll be winning the league.

Europa Conference League - Second Knockout Round - March 2113

Spoiler

u2pVV3v.png

That's exactly what I wanted.

A reasonably even game, but we probably had the better chances throughout and were maybe the better team. It doesn't totally kill the tie off, but a clean sheet and we're through.

Spoiler

xfoRMm6.png

We went one better than the clean sheet and grabbed a win to see us through. Very similar to the first leg - I think we are a better side than Beroe, but not considerably so. Still, we're into the quarter final.

vjxH2UK.png

Where we get the joy of a trip to Belgrade. 

March 2113

T8E9nzp.png

Main thing from this month is that we've made it through to the Polish cup final - a couple of late goals from young Eryk Szandroncho in the semi final have seen us there. Solid enough stuff in the league aside from that.

my9765Z.png

The league title is probably too much for us, but we're almost definitely going to be in the European spots, so all good.

Europa Conference League - Quarter Final - April 2113

Spoiler

i1CDwTg.png

A great result for us, and has given us a good shot at getting something in this tie.

We were second best, but they didn't manage to take advantage of it, and we got our goal when we went up the pitch for the first time. Excellent stuff.

I'm sure the Partizan fans were extremely pleased to see us have a Red Star Belgrade player on loan strolling around against them.

Spoiler

0hl2oDz.png

Absolute fucking scenes.

On another day, they'd have beaten us about 4-0, but a sensational goalkeeping performance kept us in there, and they weren't clinical to let us through.

Delightful.

kQ6WYD1.png

An all Polish semi-final.

April 2113

npEzicm.png

A few more draws than I would've like this month, but we're playing all the fucking time just now and my team depth isn't brilliant.

Two more games to go this month in any case, but I'll get to them soon...

pkiuVTZ.png

With two games to go, it's not going to happen. 

Polish Cup Final - April 2113

A first cup final since 2097, and that before that it was 1978. This is clearly a big deal for the club, as generations of fans won't have seen us win a cup. But we're here as favourites against a side who we've beaten twice already this season, and who we are currently 17 points ahead of. It's also a fairly local derby, so a fucking must win basically.

Spoiler

geGsuvu.png

We got there in the end. Threw it away from a comfortable position, but in extra time a 17 year old popped up to give us the lead and then loads of room was left as they scrambled to equalise to allow another to seal it.

Polish cup winners!

mPvkU5c.png

trmAp7M.png

Europa Conference League - Semi Final - April 2113

Spoiler

InH6AHq.png

A disappointing first leg in Krakow.

We had a goal disallowed, but other than that we didn't really threaten and they deserved the win. 

It's definitely still tight enough that we have a very real chance in the home leg.

Spoiler

lINxZjc.png

What a fucking night it is in Sosnowiec.

A very tense and nervy first half, but the penalty (stonewaller) and then two very quick goals settled us down, and then it was plain sailing.

Nikola Sarcevic though - the greatest player who has ever lived.

7VvQ8RV.png

I beat English opposition in my last European final - can I repeat the trick?

Europa Conference League - Final - May 2113

Spoiler

OPhc6C5.png

Genuinely devastating moment at the end there. We were second best throughout the game, but for 11 glorious minutes we were on the verge of doing it. But they had loads of chances, and we were very much hanging on, so it was almost inevitable that they got the equaliser, and then the winner was a sickener, but it was fair enough.

Polish Supercup - July 2113

yVC6luX.png

A 0-0 draw, but we were the better side throughout the game and probably should've been ahead but for being whatever the direct antithesis of clinical is. Penalties came and Novovic in goals saved two while none of our players missed so we've lifted the cup. Not something that the board care about, but a nice addition to the trophy cabinet.

bXQwoSc.png

8re0DCJ.png

Europa Conference League - Second Qualifying Round - July 2113

Spoiler

vchsLnf.png

An eventful game, to say the least. I feel that we really should've taken advantage more given it was 11 v 10 for a long, long time and that we had a man advantage at least for so long, but 2-0 is a decent enough scoreline to take to the second leg.

Spoiler

Db7ZoYc.png

A composed performance from us, took a fairly early lead and then just saw the game out from there. Their equaliser was about the only chance they got, and we just shut up shop after that to see us through comfortably.

Kra4ivr.png

A tricky tie awaits us though. 

Europa Conference League -Third Qualifying Round - August 2113

Spoiler

po1fl8D.png

A game where everything went right for us. They're not a bad side, but we are definitely a bit better. Four away goals should mean that the second leg is a formality.

Spoiler

MdWL6hW.png

They had to really go for it, and it left loads of space for us to exploit - which we did.

Ideal.

VpR4J42.png

And I'm playing my old side Merani. 

Europa Conference League - Fourth Qualifying Round - August 2113

Spoiler

wFS7mtK.png

A good win which should be enough to see us through with the second goal near the end. We're definitely a better side than they are.

Spoiler

DBSPm72.png

And so it proved. They were having to try and go at us, and we could exploit that. The tie was essentially done by the end of the first half, and the second half was one way traffic as well. Lovely stuff.