Conquering Europe

oneteaminglasgow

Champions League - Third Qualifying Round - August 2114

Spoiler

BjgCSF2.png

This was our Norway v Scotland moment. We did absolutely nothing all game, and they were better than us throughout, but then we picked our moment and then hit them twice. Excellent stuff, and gives us a really good chance of going through.

Spoiler

JiahUgm.png

And this was much more straightforward. We played very, very well.

They're a good side, but we've done really well to come through the tie and we're now guaranteed Europa League group stages minimum. 

5Y7n6l0.png

I think it goes without saying that I'd love to win this tie, more than any other game in the save, but I don't think we will.

Champions League - Fourth Qualifying Round - August 2114

Spoiler

Drp2GYV.png

I didn't think we'd win this tie, and I still don't. They're an annoyingly competent team.

Still a chance in the home leg, of course, but I don't think we'll do it.

Spoiler

ZeTnOTk.png

Aye it was fucked in the sixth minute. We had to just go all out for it, and they're too good not to take advantage of that.

Europa League groups though, that's something.

Transfers 2114

Ka2z4jP.png

A couple of good youngsters on loan, including Wojcik, Nawrocki and Szandroncho. Sudzuka was my starting right back last season, but for reasons which will become apparent, I won't be needing him and he won't hang around as second choice.

ZKmTWjY.png

And the incoming players.

Eliseo San Roman is a backup goalkeeper and has been signed so that I could let Wojcik go out on loan. He's capable, but completely unspectacular.

Spoiler

oOVloUl.png

Now, the one that I spent a huge amount of money on. Kacper Koniarek is the best right back in Poland, and has 31 caps by 23 years old. Really good defensively, and a bit of technical ability as well. His crossing could be better, but he's a huge step-up on what I had nonetheless and I'm hoping that he's the missing piece for my team.

Spoiler

Ck5QBGl.png

Mark Wilson is a left winger coming on loan for the season. He's fucking rapid. He's probably not quite as good technically as I would've really wanted, but he's not bad either. Was at St Mirren last season and done alright, but this is a step up for him.

Spoiler

9y8x8Gh.png

Boban Djuketic is my final signing. He's also fucking rapid. A striker/right winger, I wouldn't expect him to start if everyone else is fit, but provides a solid second choice in both positions. Good finisher and dribbler. He's had a weird career - a 27 year old who's only played for Partizan Belgrade before, but has only ever made 12 league appearances.

Spoiler

8pHtfyb.png

August 2114

A6RHDz4.png

A good second month. We were by far the better side against Arka, but couldn't get the goal that would win it or us. I've already covered the Lodz game, but it was a great performance by us, and gives me real hope for the season ahead.

Disappointing in Europe, but it happens. 

a1JsDmJ.png

So we're top of the table, and I'm very pleased with the start we've made.

6nwgHZp.png

Been a while since I checked in on what's happening in Scotland - boom time in Gorgie it seems. Dunfermline also having an excellent time of it.  Those two have also shared the last five Scottish Cups and four of the last five league cups. 

At the other end of the scale, Dundee United haven't been in the Premiership for nearly 25 years and currently find themselves in League One, while Inverness are making an attempt to get up to the top flight for the first time in 98 years, and have been in League Two a few times.

September 2114

Nub47HR.png

That loss against Wisla did my head in. We were so, so much better than them but they just got their goal and rode a huge amount of luck to get the win. Fuming.

The rest of the month made up for it though, we've been really good - especially beating a very strong Dunfermline side. There's a couple of guys playing for them in my Mexico squad.

Zn0Xr0D.png

Starting to get a wee bit of a lead. I'd expect that Arka will drop away from the title fight soon enough.

WlOFBlS.png

And a good start to our group stage campaign.

Mexico

YuU6NEF.png

A couple of good friendly wins - that bot Pichardo is one of the Dunfermline lot I was on about. 

October 2114

0hezeLi.png

Not the best month I've had, but equally it was essentially fine. Beating Lubin was a good result as they're in the pack of teams directly behind us, and good to beat Merani in Europe too.

RB Salzburg are a good team though. Korona aren't though, so that was a very irritating loss. 

UQ9vQX8.png

Still, we're clear at the top of the league, and no one looks consistent enough to challenge us.

I think this is the year.

7SvTFA5.png

And I'd expect third, and dropping into the Conference League, at a minimum here, which is great. Still a good shout to get through though.

Mexico

stBvEgg.png

A couple more good friendly wins. I don't have any competitive games for quite a long time.

November 2114

yv5cKvW.png

A poor month in the league, but ok enough outwith it. We got through in the cup, and a great win against RB Salzburg in the Europa League as well.

On league duty, we really should've beaten Legia - we were by far the better side - but lucky to salvage a late draw against Cracovia. 

Not what we wanted.

xRzEjAM.png

We're still top of the table, but it's much tighter now than it should've been.

yzLlDDY.png

One game to go, and we're in a good position despite the loss to Dunfermline. We're playing Merani last, so win there and we're through. 

Mexico

py4tWm3.png

And another couple of friendly wins against sides we should be beating. 

December 2114

jEORtfG.png

Significantly improved to see us into the winter break. A bit annoying to see us drop (more) points against Jagiellonia, but given the run before it I'll let it slip.

82At0cF.png

But we're three points ahead at the moment, which is great. It should be more though. 

meo1DBv.png

ZBVN96o.png

And we're through in Europe as well, with a draw between Salzburg and Dunfermline meaning that we can skip the first knockout round.

Wonderful. 

February 2115

2S7IR1M.png

Some outgoings - the main ones being Szymanski, Goralczyk and Mandziejewicz. All decent players with something to offer the first team, but not irreplaceable.

IcusO6D.png

Soso Silagadze is the replacement for Szymanski, who can also offer something up front and at left wing. He's an established Georgian international, and has spent his whole career at Merani. Quick, good technique and good movement. I think he'll do well, although he's not going to be my first choice in any of the positions he plays.

Spoiler

fXhsgTl.png

Davit Lashkavara is a central midfielder, and he's basically the replacement for Goralczyk. He'll never be more than a squad player for me, but is useful to have around. An excellent tackler, and a good passer of the ball as well. He's a good player to have on the bench.

Spoiler

pCgIoFs.png

y5Movkj.png

What's the Polish for bottling it?

We're really going to have to stop dropping points against absolute shite if we're actually going to get the job done and win the league.

7vx5L07.png

Still top, but we're really not in as strong a position as we should be.

Looking like it's between us and Pogon now though.