Livi vs. Accies

Probably not the worst thing in the world for us as I fancy our chances of picking up points more in the derby than I did against the amber juggernaut looking for a bounce back win.
We won't beat Motherwell three times in a row.

Hoping this will be rescheduled for the Scottish cup dates if they are not given the go ahead at the beginning of March, Would hate to see them choosing Wednesday 24th February, not the best preparation for the final. Mid week 10th or 17th March possibly, even if the Scottish cup is restarted Stirling Albion are still to play Raith Rovers for the privilege of meeting Livi  so the weekend of the 20th may still be free for us, but on checking may not be for Hamilton who have St Mirren in the Scottish Cup. I'd go for 10th or 17thMarch. Really can't see the Hibs game getting brought forward as its the last game before the split. 

Serious question, do you guys actually have a plan for snow?

About 6” at St Mirren Park yesterday and -6C overnight and the game is on.

The photo I saw in relation to the game being off made it look like they’d just decided not to bother trying.

1 hour ago, Bobby_F said:

Serious question, do you guys actually have a plan for snow?

About 6” at St Mirren Park yesterday and -6C overnight and the game is on.

The photo I saw in relation to the game being off made it look like they’d just decided not to bother trying.

From what I’ve seen St Mirren was 3 or 4 inches at best. We’ve had 8.

There can be a big difference in the weather from the South of Livi to the North, let alone between Livi and Glasgow. I used to work on the Glasgow tenements re-roofing them, and then come back to Livingston at night and go skiing up at Hillend in Edinburgh, had the best of both worlds, hardly any snow in Glasgow so i could work no problem,  and plenty in Edinburgh for the skiing.

Always seems to be a couple of degrees warmer in the West from the East when you drive along the M8 and see the temp in the car too.

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

From what I’ve seen St Mirren was 3 or 4 inches at best. We’ve had 8.

I walked by the ground earlier, and across the pitches next to the M8, and it looked way more than 3-4 inches.

Question stands though, did you guys try to get the game on or just leave the pitch untouched?

I'm not having a dig; genuinely want to know.

4 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

Question stands though, did you guys try to get the game on or just leave the pitch untouched?

I'm not having a dig either, but i think your question is a bit irrelevant as I don't think anyone on this forum is sufficiently ITK , to provide a correct answer. If you contact the club I'm sure you can guess what the response will be. Estimated 100 tons of snow on the pitch and pitch side to shift and temperatures to be below freezing at game time.

Its not ideal for either team but best to be safe than sorry, eh?

14 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

I walked by the ground earlier, and across the pitches next to the M8, and it looked way more than 3-4 inches.

From the sounds of it we calculated how much snow we'd need to move (240,000 pounds) and found out it was basically impossible. We can't have tractors or machinery on the park, and even once the snow was off it, it was going to leave 6ft high walls of snow almost on the touchline around the park entirely. 

We had to start with the car park, to even think about it being safe for Hamilton to get to the stadium and a 15m test zone basically proved it would've been impossible to get the game on.

Not to mention it's about -4 just now but was reported to be -9 at KO time

Edited by ATLIS

I did deliveries from Livingston to Linwood just outside Paisley yesterday and the difference in the weather pattern was night and day.Seems to have been a line right down the central belt with the east side taking the brunt of the snow.So many opinions as to why we couldnt get this on.As has been said it would have been dangerous to both sets of players not knowing what it was like under that deluge.FWIW Livi fans to a man wanted this game on after Saturday,but I guess common sense has prevailed here.🦁👍.

I did deliveries from Livingston to Linwood just outside Paisley yesterday and the difference in the weather pattern was night and day.Seems to have been a line right down the central belt with the east side taking the brunt of the snow.So many opinions as to why we couldnt get this on.As has been said it would have been dangerous to both sets of players not knowing what it was like under that deluge.FWIW Livi fans to a man wanted this game on after Saturday,but I guess common sense has prevailed here.[emoji881][emoji106].
There's even a huge difference between different parts of Lanarkshire. I was out delivering in Airdrie, Coatbridge, Cumbernauld and Kilsyth today. There's about 5-6" of snow lying there. Compare that to Hamilton, Larkhall, Motherwell or Wishaw it's nowhere near as bad.

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

From the sounds of it we calculated how much snow we'd need to move (240,000 pounds) and found out it was basically impossible. We can't have tractors or machinery on the park, and even once the snow was off it, it was going to leave 6ft high walls of snow almost on the touchline around the park entirely. 

We had to start with the car park, to even think about it being safe for Hamilton to get to the stadium and a 15m test zone basically proved it would've been impossible to get the game on.

Not to mention it's about -4 just now but was reported to be -9 at KO time

Okay, you didn't try. Thanks, that's all I was asking.

On 10/02/2021 at 12:42, accies1874 said:
On 10/02/2021 at 12:38, Scotty Tunbridge said:
Probably not the worst thing in the world for us as I fancy our chances of picking up points more in the derby than I did against the amber juggernaut looking for a bounce back win.

We won't beat Motherwell three times in a row.

Clown.