New Scotland boss if Clarke goes to Pacific shelf

Fearing Stevie Clarke will be off to Celtic after the Euroes 

I genu9nly hope it doesn't happen and they can set there sights higher on a foreign boss or a ex high level English player

However I fear it's going to be Mr Clarke who hates Rangers in his blood and makes this known quite openly 

So if and when this happens who is the main candidate do we have extra money to aim outside the nation again?

Or do we want a Scot if that has a Berti Volts disaster just waiting to happen?

Genuinely hope we aren't back to square one and Mr Clarke stays on with the national team for a long time and guides us to the world cup

I don't think Clarke will go to Celtic and I don't think he'd be a great fit for them. 

However, if we mess up the first three WC qualifiers in March (surely not the Faroes tho) then he might not see any point in hanging around after the Euros and could take the chance if offered.

Celtic will need to get their act together as to who is making decisions and if they are going to have director of football. Worst thing they can do is try to get someone who has played or grew up a fan. He is very reserved and the limelight and goldfish bowl of Celtic v Rangers unlikely to appeal to him.  Is his family not based down south anyway so international job ideal for him. 

If it did happen then certainly don't think anything agreed until after March internationals and probably still let him take charge during the tournament. Might be worth giving Scott Gemmell opportunity as part of coaching team there to shadow and then give him the world cup campaign. 

15 minutes ago, grazza said:

Celtic will need to get their act together as to who is making decisions and if they are going to have director of football. Worst thing they can do is try to get someone who has played or grew up a fan. He is very reserved and the limelight and goldfish bowl of Celtic v Rangers unlikely to appeal to him.  Is his family not based down south anyway so international job ideal for him. 

If it did happen then certainly don't think anything agreed until after March internationals and probably still let him take charge during the tournament. Might be worth giving Scott Gemmell opportunity as part of coaching team there to shadow and then give him the world cup campaign. 

Scott Gemmill is one of the worst coaches we have him and Billy Stark done nothing with quite a strong u21 team

Bottling it worse than Scotland have in the last couple of decades

Clarke is meant to be a Killie fan anyway,always struck me strange that he only calls Rangers out on the same sectarianism though 

I like the guy though and aren't saying some Rangers fans aren't bigoted brain washed knuckle draggers 

We aren't all like that though and plenty of us follow Scotland and always have done so

I know how hard it is to pick the right boss though even for Rangers never mind Scotland 

Clarke been a good appointment though isn't perfect but at least takes it on board himself that we could done better in the nations league

Edited by Tartan Tammy 1297

Not convinced we'd be "back to square one" without Clarke.  The massive hurdle we had was getting to a major tournament.  Now that we've proved we can, there should be belief in the camp now, less of the "och, we wulnae qualify anyway" attitude.  That'll go a long way for whoever goes next.  

Of course, that's ignoring the fact that the SFA could choose another complete jobber.  That could well set us back.

4 minutes ago, forameus said:

Not convinced we'd be "back to square one" without Clarke.  The massive hurdle we had was getting to a major tournament.  Now that we've proved we can, there should be belief in the camp now, less of the "och, we wulnae qualify anyway" attitude.  That'll go a long way for whoever goes next.  

Of course, that's ignoring the fact that the SFA could choose another complete jobber.  That could well set us back.

Clarke is a very good coach worked and learned under some great managers part of some great teams 

We haven't a lot of guys his caliber out there just now who would be interested 

Scottish managers have all dipped off there used to be a lot more in the top flight of English football to

And that does give me the fear of he goes cos I aren't sure if we went the opposite way with a foreign boss that he would keep faith in the Scottish based players

Weither that was by luck creation necesitty or design Clarke deserves the plaudits for finding guys like Gallagher O Donnell for a example doing the job outwith the old firm players

Worked for O Neil for Northern Ireland before ironically in the same system that worked for us and in past when we semi regularly qualified for things

Scot Gemmell...[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

17 hours ago, grazza said:

Your first paragraph is level headed and reasonable. What happened to you before you wrote that completely batshit mental second paragraph?

• 3 weeks later...

Only the truly thickest of orcs use this pacific shelf stuff. They are demonstrating that they don't really understand how any of this stuff works whilst also admitting their own club died.

As for Steve Clarke, he’s already said he can’t be bothered with the stuff you get from being a Celtic manager and wouldn’t put his family through it. A non story.

To summarise the OP is a fucking walloper.

9 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Only the truly thickest of orcs use this pacific shelf stuff. They are demonstrating that they don't really understand how any of this stuff works whilst also admitting their own club died.

As for Steve Clarke, he’s already said he can’t be bothered with the stuff you get from being a Celtic manager and wouldn’t put his family through it. A non story.

At least you’re no rising to it mate

38 minutes ago, gannonball said:

That's not what he said at all actually. As there isn't any stuff you 'get' from being Celtic mananger.

That's why Martin O'Neill didn't get anything except respect and reverence. 

The only actual bigotry on show here is yours, using phrases like 'orc'.

9 minutes ago, HalfCutNinja said:

That's not what he said at all actually. As there isn't any stuff you 'get' from being Celtic mananger.

That's why Martin O'Neill didn't get anything except respect and reverence. 

The only actual bigotry on show here is yours, using phrases like 'orc'.

Your going to have to explain that one my little orclet.

And because MON was abused less than others is frankly ridiculous. Do you want a pat on the back for that? Steve Clarke called them out when Killie manager so I would imagine it would only get worse as being Celtic manager. I totally understand why any manager wouldn’t want to be a manager of either club. Far less bullshit and abuse managing a low end EPL club yet earning more money.

2 hours ago, gannonball said:

Your going to have to explain that one my little orclet.

And because MON was abused less than others is frankly ridiculous. Do you want a pat on the back for that? Steve Clarke called them out when Killie manager so I would imagine it would only get worse as being Celtic manager. I totally understand why any manager wouldn’t want to be a manager of either club. Far less bullshit and abuse managing a low end EPL club yet earning more money.

Oh so you've already changed to 'either club' and 'called them out'. I see. Backtracked a little from your earlier statement.

You're a bigot, that's why you use bigoted terms.

As is Neil Lennon. That's why he spat on a Rangers scarf and called the Rangers support 'dirty orange b******s' live on TV.

Celtic then proceeded to appoint him as manager. You'd have gone absolutely wild if Rangers appointed a manager who'd done similar to the Celtic support.

Bigots attract bigots. That's why Lennon got abuse, and because of his conduct.  And why O'Neill didn't. 90% of it came from NI too.  

Oh so you've already changed to 'either club' and 'called them out'. I see. Backtracked a little from your earlier statement.
You're a bigot, that's why you use bigoted terms.
As is Neil Lennon. That's why he spat on a Rangers scarf and called the Rangers support 'dirty orange b******s' live on TV.
Celtic then proceeded to appoint him as manager. You'd have gone absolutely wild if Rangers appointed a manager who'd done similar to the Celtic support.
Bigots attract bigots. That's why Lennon got abuse, and because of his conduct.  And why O'Neill didn't. 90% of it came from NI too.  
With respect to the pair of you guys, this is the Scottish National Team section.

If steve ever decides to move on, his are gonna be difficult shoes to fill. That's for sure