Mark Kerr must go

3 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Doesn’t matter who it would be , no manager can guarantee results 

Too true.

However, as someone mentioned previously insanity has been defined as doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Retaining Kerr would be exactly that.

Edited by Trogdor

16 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

If Levein resurfaced at our level would we be happy with him....

I don’t like him, and he was obviously a disaster at Hearts but he should really be a decent manager at this level. 

I would take him over the usual list that gets thrown around 

25 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Too true.

However, as someone mentioned previously insanity has been defined as doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Retaining Kerr would be exactly that.

Not so sure about same thing over and over again , he has continually changed the team , I  think thats the main reason we are where we are , not played a settled team to get into a rhythm of play , surely that can’t breed confidence within the playing squad 

Edited by Robbo63

1 minute ago, Robbo63 said:

I would take him over the usual list that gets thrown around 

I’m sure there will be some instant no’s to that suggestion, but in terms of experience etc etc we won’t really improve on that. A more up budget version of McCall. 

I don’t imagine him getting a better gig than lower premiership either.

23 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Too true.

Would a new Manager drop Chalmers ? or  instantly renew / build confidence ? Would he bring a fit and firing striker with him ?

I feel these are our main problems (apart from the pitch) and can't see how anyone can fix them without a magic wand.

Having said that, we seem to have become an unlucky team under Kerr as there's no doubt that things just haven't gone our way recently, so maybe a change of Manager would bring us a change of luck ??

The one positive we have is that we have a run of away games coming up, so hopefully that will help us rather than hinder us, irrespective of who's at the helm.

13 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Would a new Manager drop Chalmers ? or  instantly renew / build confidence ? Would he bring a fit and firing striker with him ?

I feel these are our main problems (apart from the pitch) and can't see how anyone can fix them without a magic wand.

Having said that, we seem to have become an unlucky team under Kerr as there's no doubt that things just haven't gone our way recently, so maybe a change of Manager would bring us a change of luck ??

The one positive we have is that we have a run of away games coming up, so hopefully that will help us rather than hinder us, irrespective of who's at the helm.

You know you are in complete desperation mode when talking about luck. I don’t even recall us having any kind of bad luck either. Apart from appointing a dreadful manager, anyway. 

A new manager would hopefully get more out of a squad of players who definitely have enough talent to improve on what they have been offering. 

I have no idea how a run of away games will help. 

Edited by No_Problemo

7 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

It's strange some of the points you make are Kerr's fault - not dropping Chalmers and not recruiting enough fit strikers. Yet, you use these as mitigation in his favour? The logic is a tad backwards there.

I've stated many times that a new manager is not a guarantee of success. However, with any new manager comes change. Whilst they may not be able to recruit anyone, they can change the standards expected, the work in training, the first 11, the formation, the backroom team etc.

26 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

You know you are in complete desperation mode when talking about luck. I don’t even recall us having any kind of bad luck either. Apart from appointing a dreadful manager, anyway. 

A new manager would hopefully get more out of a squad of players who definitely have enough talent to improve on what they have been offering. 

I have no idea how a run of away games will help. 

With no fans and better pitches, then Away games will most certainly help, I thought that would have been pretty obvious.

As for "desperation", you're the one that wants people bagged but can't offer any alternatives as who's going to immediately turn it around with the same playing squad.

The "luck" I'm talking about is injuries to key players, the ball just not breaking for us, other teams taking virtually every chance when we take none and dodgy decisions going against us which cost us games.

Even in this poor run and poor form, nobody can honestly say we've been totally outclassed by any of the opposition.

26 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

It's strange some of the points you make are Kerr's fault - not dropping Chalmers and not recruiting enough fit strikers. Yet, you use these as mitigation in his favour? The logic is a tad backwards there.

I've stated many times that a new manager is not a guarantee of success. However, with any new manager comes change. Whilst they may not be able to recruit anyone, they can change the standards expected, the work in training, the first 11, the formation, the backroom team etc.

My point is that without a transfer window to right the wrongs / change the squad, then their hands would be pretty much tied as to what they could actually achieve / change.

6 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

With no fans and better pitches, then Away games will most certainly help, I thought that would have been pretty obvious.

As for "desperation", you're the one that wants people bagged but can't offer any alternatives as who's going to immediately turn it around with the same playing squad.

The "luck" I'm talking about is injuries to key players, the ball just not breaking for us, other teams taking virtually every chance when we take none and dodgy decisions going against us which cost us games.

Even in this poor run and poor form, nobody can honestly say we've been totally outclassed by any of the opposition.

Most pitches are an utter mess this season, our upcoming games include Morton and Dundee and their pitches won’t be any better.

We have had a couple of injuries, we have not had any huge injury list or anything. Exact same as every other side in the league is experiencing. 

The rest is frankly utter nonsense - breaks of the ball and refereeing decisions have nothing to do with it. Taking chances is also not luck. 

I don’t remember being asked to put forward any names to the chairman but certainly happy to! 

We have won one game in ten! Who cares if we have been outclassed or not. We have been utter pish which is the most important thing. 

I’m genuinely staggered your solution seems to be to carry on as we are...

Edited by No_Problemo

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

Most pitches are an utter mess this season, our upcoming games include Morton and Dundee and their pitches won’t be any better.

We have had a couple of injuries, we have not had any huge injury list or anything. Exact same as every other side in the league is experiencing. 

The rest is frankly utter nonsense - breaks of the ball and refereeing decisions have nothing to do with it. Taking chances is also not luck. 

I don’t remember being asked to put forward any names to the chairman but certainly happy to! 

We have won one game in ten! Who cares if we have been outclassed or not. We have been utter pish which is the most important thing. 

I’m genuinely staggered your solution seems to be to carry on as we are...

It's not as simple as that, I've started praying so hoping that pays off.........

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

If Levein resurfaced at our level would we be happy with him....

I don’t like him, and he was obviously a disaster at Hearts but he should really be a decent manager at this level. 

Levein is a good talker and last 2 club jobs he has had new owners that had no experience of running a football club and talked his way into the board room for both. He has reputation of overwhelming them with information to stage that they give him free reign on lot of stuff and money. Squad turnover at hearts was crazy. Prob be decent coach at our level of he stuck to just that but he won't 

2 minutes ago, grazza said:

Levein is a good talker and last 2 club jobs he has had new owners that had no experience of running a football club and talked his way into the board room for both. He has reputation of overwhelming them with information to stage that they give him free reign on lot of stuff and money. Squad turnover at hearts was crazy. Prob be decent coach at our level of he stuck to just that but he won't 

Fair point, but at the same time having someone with his experience running the football side of things wouldn’t be a bad thing. I’m sure Smith isn’t stupid either and wouldn’t jhst be handing over money!