Cove Rangers v Airdrieonians

Looking forward to this after our win on Tuesday night and our rise up the table last night without even playing ;) I believe a point would be enough to guarantee us a play-off place but this is a game we should be looking to win and Cove will feel the exact same way. Hopefully with (presumably) a proper defence and midfield this time we can give a much better account of ourselves than on our last trip to the Balmoral. Would go with the same team as Tuesday night although if Connell is still carrying a knock or a bit of a doubt I'd be happy enough to start Roy in his place. 

Expecting a tougher prospect than when Airdrie last played at Balmoral. Kyle Turner, Paton, Carrick and Gallagher all seem to be playing well and give Airdire extra impetus.

Both teams are in form, Cove with 1 defeat in 12 league games thanks to Fraser Fyvie's first 'goal' of the season! Mitch is 14 goals in 17 matches and looking sharp.

Should be an entertaining game, may the best team win and may Leighton start on the bench 🙏

Predicted starting lineup:

McKenzie

Ross Graham Strachan Ngwenya

Yule Fyvie Scully Smith

Mitch Rory

Well that was 45 minutes of my life wasted. Perhaps the most lethargic and disinterested we've looked in a long time. 

Hartley's made a lot of changes but that was a shocker. 3 at the back is something we've never ever done and looked so wrong. 

We need to shake it up and try to win this and secure second.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

3 minutes ago, diamondman said:

Cove have hit the post but I would view us as marginally ahead on points. Could go either way.

Yeah agreed. We've looked completely off colour. Airdrie look threatening with the long throw and McCann has the pace of young Logan who normally warms the bench!

Post for the 3rd time but we have been the worst I've seen us since in as long as I can remember.

Looking like a loss. Having been impressive in pretty much all games since the league restart this performance is unexpected

Edited by CoveRangers1922

1 minute ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

2-0 Airdrie and to be honest Cove were horrendous today. All the best in your final game and might see you in a playoff match

The possibility of condemning Falkirk to League one again next year on Tuesday sounds amazing!!

Got my prediction right for once , and Cove did look with those changes as if they had wanted to prepare for the play offs by resting a few. Airdrie had the edge for most of that first half with McKenzie being busier than Currie for us. Yes Higgins hit the post and it happened  twice more in the 2nd but posts don't count. Mind you had McCallister scored it I would have been nervous indeed.  Carrick had been very busy for us in that first half and it was a laugh to hear Scott Davie struggling to spot where he was. It was a fine bit of football by Robert to create the opener and that did show what he can do. However a few times he broke through but tended not to see the support arriving so I can understand why he is a sub. The 4 subs for Cove is something I have never seen which shows how weird this season has been. Cove did up the game but I wondered if they would ever break through our very flexible back 3/5. Was mightily relieved when Ritchie ( I think) finally put that chance away especially as I now discovered Montrose were actually winning. The Diamonds that played today were so much better than in the recent defeat at Balmoor, but it is a tough set of games coming up for all the sides. I just hope Thistle rest loads /Montrose win and we beat Falkirk again. However so many "surprises" over the last games in L1 that it will be different.   Liked the stream and the commentary in open Mic style even if Scott occasionally mixed up the Diamonds. Also was the sound slightly ahead of the picture as at Airdrie?

5 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Got my prediction right for once , and Cove did look with those changes as if they had wanted to prepare for the play offs by resting a few. Airdrie had the edge for most of that first half with McKenzie being busier than Currie for us. Yes Higgins hit the post and it happened  twice more in the 2nd but posts don't count. Mind you had McCallister scored it I would have been nervous indeed.  Carrick had been very busy for us in that first half and it was a laugh to hear Scott Davie struggling to spot where he was. It was a fine bit of football by Robert to create the opener and that did show what he can do. However a few times he broke through but tended not to see the support arriving so I can understand why he is a sub. The 4 subs for Cove is something I have never seen which shows how weird this season has been. Cove did up the game but I wondered if they would ever break through our very flexible back 3/5. Was mightily relieved when Ritchie ( I think) finally put that chance away especially as I now discovered Montrose were actually winning. The Diamonds that played today were so much better than in the recent defeat at Balmoor, but it is a tough set of games coming up for all the sides. I just hope Thistle rest loads /Montrose win and we beat Falkirk again. However so many "surprises" over the last games in L1 that it will be different.   Liked the stream and the commentary in open Mic style even if Scott occasionally mixed up the Diamonds. Also was the sound slightly ahead of the picture as at Airdrie?

Will certainly be a stronger Cove side next weekend and surely back to the same intensity we normally play with. Was a disaster today and thought Airdrie barely had to work for their win.

Saying that good win away for the diamonds who looked sharp. It's high stake games forthcoming!

Crazy we're still not allowed to be at the games when we see hundreds walking from the shopping centres since Monday.

9 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

So annoying the commentary being a couple of seconds ahead. Think it started for me about early second half

3 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

So annoying the commentary being a couple of seconds ahead. Think it started for me about early second half

It can be and just before we got the 2nd I muted it so I could see what was happening in real time. Even so I will still PPV the upcoming games! I though the Ref was quite good never having seen him before but did I miss Murray getting a Yellow in 2nd half?  Given the modern "offside" ruling it was strange to see Robert being flagged offside when he did not touch the ball as Gallagher was chasing it down the line? I wish they would stop mucking about with what is already a complicated decision.