Kelty Hearts Thread

3 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

I'm not sure it is.  I suspect that FT players at third tier level probably don't earn much of a wage.  A PT club might have a budget a bit below the FT club but when added to the PT player's day-job wage might put him streets ahead of the FT player at this level in total income.  FT means that the coaches have more time with the players in theory to work on set pieces etc, but that's about it - PT players could easily have the same or more quality than FT players at this low level.

The loan market is pretty well an even playing field at this level I'd imagine, although the top league sides might prefer their up-coming players to be in an FT environment.  That said, their loan players at PT clubs probably still train with the parent clubs mid-week anyway.

Agree with your comment re FT wages but less so on your other points. I couldn’t see any reliable wage figures anywhere or decipher accounts I’m not convinced Kelly’s budget is near Queens. I’d expect a FT player to have better S & C and rehab/physio so be less prone to injury and have a quicker return

reference to a part time players day job is a total red herring. A PT player is more likely to leave a club if a better day job offer comes about or the two jobs can’t be balanced or has to move through work.

id expect pt & ft players to have a similar ability, they are in the same league.

On loans i suspect for a parent club if they have a young player (under 20?) they’ll likely still want then to train with them during the week so a p/t team may well be a better fit. Older players might be more likely to go to a ft time that might involve a geographical move. I was surprised when O’Donnell went to you guys but someone told me you train at Hamilton during the week(?).

Also need to take into account the loan team style of play and the amount of playing time a player may get.