Any Scottish folk music fans on here ?

maicoman

My late dad liked his folk music For some strange reason i have been thinking about a song that i have heard a few times over the years but have not a clue what it is called  It is about the changing times over the years of work It starts off with a man and his Clydesdale horse  ploughing the East Neuk of Fife and the chorus was "In his day that was his way" and ends up with the last generation chasing the oil on "The roaring forties and Claymore" with the same chorus  What is this song called? thanks

3 hours ago, BillyAnchor said:

I'm never too sure where the line is between traditional Scottish music and folk. I love old Scottish songs but if you bring in the I spied a fair maiden with a fi do feedle di dee I'm less into it.

Could not agree more with your above post Their are lots of brilliant Scottish and folk songs out their but as you said as soon as the fair maiden bit comes on it would make you feel like jumping off a bridge  May be someone should start a new thread with everyones  favourite 3 Scottish -Folk songs?