5 favourite seasons

On 01/11/2021 at 10:34, Hawk89 said:

We must have started going to games around the same time, my first game was the John Traynor testimonial. The next game was Edinburgh City (h) in the cup, I think it was Stewart Kean's last game for Ayr? Started going to games with a couple of pals from school and ended up hooked even though we were terrible most of the time with the succession of chancers in the dugout until Reid came in. I would agree mostly with what you have but would include 14/15 when Roberts left and McCall came in, over Number 3 as I missed most of that season due to working in SW Wales. There was an obvious change from day 1 of the McCall era, suddenly the doom and gloom disappeared and there was a feeling we'd somehow stay up. Can remember going up to Forfar on the last day of the season, they had a chance of winning the title as well so it was a very decent crowd at Station Park. 

That Edinburgh City game was the first game without Stewart Kean, as he was sold earlier in the day to St Mirren. 

We laboured to a 3-0 win IIRC. Neal Gilmour, Darren Henderson and Willie Lyle were the goalscorers. 

14 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

That Edinburgh City game was the first game without Stewart Kean, as he was sold earlier in the day to St Mirren. 

We laboured to a 3-0 win IIRC. Neal Gilmour, Darren Henderson and Willie Lyle were the goalscorers. 

Knew there was a connection, just couldn't quite remember what. Remember my friend's dad going on about how gutted he was that Kean was leaving.