Manchester

jamtoast

Alright Travel Forum dwellers, long time listener, first time caller.

Will be heading down to Manchester this weekend with the missus. Hoping to catch the Moldova game tomorrow while there but not sure where’s good to head as England will be playing later on. Any recommendations for a Scotland friendly place to watch the game that ideally won’t be filling up with (loud and arsey) England fans afterwards?

Cheers.

Edited by jamtoast

Probably best asking this in the tartan army forum mate. Been a good few years since I was last in Manchester, funnily enough I’m flying out there next week but as far as pubs go, couldn’t help you. I’m sure if it’s on before the England game though, most places would have it on if you asked?

1 hour ago, jamtoast said:

Will be heading down to Manchester this weekend with the missus. Hoping to catch the Moldova game tomorrow while there but not sure where’s good to head as England will be playing later on. Any recommendations for a Scotland friendly place to watch the game that ideally won’t be filling up with (loud and arsey) England fans afterwards?

Cheers.

I reckon you'll be fine watching it anywhere its on, try Walkabout in the Printworks, always show football.

England are playing Albania at 19.45 on a Friday night and I doubt if you'll be able to find 5 people in the centre of Manchester that will give a f**k.

8 hours ago, jamtoast said:

Cheers.

Yates nr Piccadilly Station, Walkabout as mentioned above - a couple of places in Deansgate as well will be showing games.  Plenty Scots down there so doubt there will be an issue.