Games to look out for 20/11

GroundhopScot

I've had a look at what's on this weekend and picked out some interesting ties.
Staying away from the SPFL and doing my best to promote non league football, if you're looking for somewhere to go but don't want to break the bank then these might be for you.

Game 1 - Darvel v Gretna 2008 (South Challenge Cup 2nd Round)
Darvel have a strong squad and will fancy their chances against a struggling Gretna side. Having already knocked Stranraer out of the Scottish they're no strangers to winning against higher ranked teams and will no doubt be favourites.
If Gretna can get the win it'll be the boost that they need, and in a way both sides would see this as a bit of a scalp.

13.30 Recreation Park, Darvel

Game 2 - Haddington Athletic v Spartans (South Challenge Cup 3rd Round)
Don't let it fool you that Spartans are two levels above in the pyramid - this could really go either way.
Haddington are currently unbeaten in their league, knocked Deveronvale out of the Scottish and ran Brechin close. They can compete and Spartans (whilst having a good season themselves) are in for a tough test.

13.30 Millfield Park, Haddington

Game 3 - St Peter's v Glenvale (West of Scotland Divison 4)
This fixture is the only Paisley derby in senior Scottish football since Abercorn-St Mirren in 1899! St Peter's won the first two meetings but Glenvale have picked up some impressive results lately and will want to put that right.
St Peter's are currently ground sharing with Renfrew but that counts, right?

13.30 New Western Park, Renfrew

Game 4 - Halkirk United v Thurso (Football Times Cup Final)
Silverware up for grabs in the north as the Anglers take on the Vikings. Halkirk defeated Thurso 3-0 on the opening day of the season and will likely be favourites for this but it's a cup final and anything can happen. Good luck to both.

14.00 Harmsworth Park, Wick

I hope you enjoyed the wee previews, any other spicy fixtures in Scotland this weekend?

14 hours ago, GroundhopScot said:

Game 4 - Halkirk United v Thurso (Football Times Cup Final)
Silverware up for grabs in the north as the Anglers take on the Vikings. Halkirk defeated Thurso 3-0 on the opening day of the season and will likely be favourites for this but it's a cup final and anything can happen. Good luck to both.

14.00 Harmsworth Park, Wick

I hope you enjoyed the wee previews, any other spicy fixtures in Scotland this weekend?

if i was staying up north this weekend this would have been my pick.think itll be closer than 3-0,halkirk have struggled a bit in recent weeks and thurso are decent