Binos new Gaffer

So, as I understand, the Board met on Sunday to discuss the surprise vacancy. The position hasn't been advertised yet so is it fair to assume they've drawn up a shortlist and will approach suitable candidates?

For me, I don't want another rookie. We need someone with the experience to get the maximum out of this group of players. Alan Moore fits the brief but there will be others out there.

Who would you hope is on that list (if there is a list)?

22 minutes ago, headthebaw said:

We need someone with the experience to get the maximum out of this group of players. Alan Moore fits the brief but there will be others out there.

Since his time as Binos manager, doesn't Moore's track record show issues with turning around a team's run of bad performances? A skill which is the single biggest necessity right now.

I’d like to see Moore back, but if rumours are to believed then fingers have maybe been burnt there and it won’t happen.

I’ve said previously that I don’t care about names, I just want to see a manager appointed that plays attack minded football and unites the support but if Moore could be enticed back to the club then I would be absolutely delighted and it would be like Christmas had come early.

That aside, names I suspect would be talked about……complete stab in the dark of course……..would probably be Darren Young with the job that he did at Albion Rovers and for the biggest part, East Fife. We’ve obviously all seen the various posts about Zander Diamond on this site and social media, I hope another rookie isn’t on the cards but wouldn’t be surprised with his track record in playing and being an Assistant and now Manager at a lower level.

Other names that might be getting spoken about is Stuart Carsewell, who lives in the Denny area and is obviously out of work and where does Jim McIntyre, who I believe lives in Dunblane and has been occasionally spotted at Forthbank, see himself getting back in?? Garry Caldwell after the disasters he has left behind, please God no!!!

Away from that, I just don’t know. Brian Rice has been mentioned elsewhere but I would be stunned if someone with that much of a reputation in the game would want to drop down that quickly. Gus McPherson as well, I don’t think he’d be a bad appointment but usually people like a wee break before making their next move.

Would someone like Stevie Aitken be in the clubs thoughts?? Good record within the SPFL and obviously now in the Lowland League with EK, again, I really don’t know but would be a good appointment I’m sure and would have the fans onside quickly if he brought Tiff back as a Coach with him.

Hopefully an experienced manager to be appointed. Please no more Rookie managers. Trouble is can our Board make the right decision this time. ? That is my biggest worry their past record has been poor to say the least. 

From the names being quoted Darren Young takes my fancy, did a decent job with East Fife, lets hope its someone who can motivate this squad of players. 

I would be tempted to sound out the Annan manager Peter Murphy.  He's not a well-known name, he didn't play much in Scotland, and therefore no one talks about him.  Their squad routinely loses its best players yet they always do well.  This season they were tipped to struggle, yet they're 3rd.  I'm worried instead we'll end up with someone with a worse track record, just because they're a well-kent-face from the usual manager merry-go-round.

On 14/12/2021 at 12:46, BB_Bino said:

I’ve said previously that I don’t care about names, I just want to see a manager appointed that plays attack minded football and unites the support but if Moore could be enticed back to the club then I would be absolutely delighted and it would be like Christmas had come early.

Please, hands off haha. I would quite like Moorey to take over when Danny Lennon gets the bullet.

Do not hire Peter Grant unless you fancy trips to Gala Fairydean, East Stirlingshire, Berwick, Dalbeattie etc, as well as visits from the utter scum of Sevco and Celtic B.

Has the Peter Grant rumour come from the fact he handed out medals to the Junior Academy Girls team on Thursday night??

6 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

Has the Peter Grant rumour come from the fact he handed out medals to the Junior Academy Girls team on Thursday night??

No idea, but there's a Binos fan in the thread noted below (last page) saying that he is to be appointed:

8 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

No heard before that he was interested in the job. Whether it’s true or not time will tell. 

There are a lot of decent players at the club although not many utilised to where they should be, Good experience and youth, there are also a number of good young managers out there Gordon Moffat, clydebank, Mark Roberts ex queens park,  Stevie Aitken EK /Dumbarton not sure where the no rookie managers comes from, these guys are always hungry for success, agree experience may stop a slide but push the club on don't think so, needs to be a shrewd appointment, 

I wouldn’t class Gordon Moffat (who has managed at least 2 clubs), Mark Roberts (who I wouldn’t touch anyway) or Stevie Aitken as rookie managers, in fact Aitken is far from a rookie, he has successfully managed a part time side in the Championship.

11 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

I wouldn’t class Gordon Moffat (who has managed at least 2 clubs), Mark Roberts (who I wouldn’t touch anyway) or Stevie Aitken as rookie managers, in fact Aitken is far from a rookie, he has successfully managed a part time side in the Championship.

All about opinions