Lowland League General Discussion

FairWeatherFan

Just now, Casper Wilson said:

I didn't mention the Junior Cup, but since you did, club's can choose not to play in it.

Why can clubs not have the choice to play in the SCC?

Because it’s an SFA sanctioned competition for all Senior Clubs below the Tay.

4 minutes ago, Casper Wilson said:

I know what it is.

That still doesn't say why clubs don't have a choice in the matter.

Its what the WoSFL signed up for when entering the pyramid. Do members of a league get to decide they don't fancy their League Cup and withdraw from it?

2 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Its what the WoSFL signed up for when entering the pyramid. Do members of a league get to decide they don't fancy their League Cup and withdraw from it?

If clubs in the West want to prioritise the Juniors Cup I suggest they restart the West Region and go back to that.

The clubs are all in SFA Senior Leagues and should respect the set up that they moved over to.

3 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

What did the clubs sign to agree to take part in a compulsory competition outside their League?

1 minute ago, Eadie is God said:

If clubs in the West want to prioritise the Juniors Cup I suggest they restart the West Region and go back to that.

The clubs are all in SFA Senior Leagues and should respect the set up that they moved over to.

Again, nobody's talking about the Junior Cup. Clubs can choose not to play in it.

But again as you did mention it, the Clubs in the West took a vote and decided to prioritise the Junior Cup.

They also took a vote and decided that the SCC would become non-compulsory.

Do you not believe in democracy?

1 minute ago, Casper Wilson said:

As you've said yourself its not a West competition. The West voting alone on something isn't exactly democracy.

1 minute ago, Casper Wilson said:

Again, nobody's talking about the Junior Cup. Clubs can choose not to play in it.

But again as you did mention it, the Clubs in the West took a vote and decided to prioritise the Junior Cup.

There are 4 league meetings for all senior clubs so that everyone is in harmony are the SJFA at these meetings? Other than Kennie 2,hats sitting at the back and relaying what happened at them  to you Alex.

Let’s have a vote of the 4 leagues on whether the SCC should be optional.Or do you not believe in democracy?

6 minutes ago, Eadie is God said:

There are 4 league meetings for all senior clubs so that everyone is in harmony are the SJFA at these meetings? Other than Kennie 2,hats sitting at the back and relaying what happened at them  to you Alex.

Let’s have a vote of the 4 leagues on whether the SCC should be optional.Or do you not believe in democracy?

As said before, I'm not Alex, but you keep thinking that if it helps you along.

What is this 4 league thing you refer to? The SCC is a Cup run by the Southern Counties FA. When did the clubs join this?

It looks to me like they were press-ganged into the cup without consultation.

2 minutes ago, Casper Wilson said:

What is this 4 league thing you refer to? The SCC is a Cup run by the Southern Counties FA. When did the clubs join this?

It was literally in the Constitution and part of the deal when they joined. They knew exactly what they signed up for

5 minutes ago, Casper Wilson said:

Jog on Alex you know you’re talking 💩

7 minutes ago, Spyro said:

It was literally in the Constitution and part of the deal when they joined. They knew exactly what they signed up for

A Constitution that was forced on them by the Lowland League who were the originators of the WoSFL IMG.

And let's not forget that the clubs didn't even have a say in who was in that IMG.

The WoSFL was then handed over to the clubs who have set about changing the Constitution to something that they are in favour of.

Democracy at work.

Edited by Casper Wilson

Just now, Casper Wilson said:

A Constitution that was forced on them by the Lowland League who were the originators of the WoSFL IMG.

The WoSFL was then handed over to the clubs who have set about changing the Constitution to something that they are in favour of.

Democracy at work.

Nobody was holding a gun to their head, they knew the rules before they started. Every other league in the system seem to manage, and they've been there a lot longer without issues until the WoS was formed.

Why should the whole system change just because the west teams who have only been there 4 years aren't happy? 

15 minutes ago, Casper Wilson said:

And let's not forget that the clubs didn't even have a say in who was in that IMG.

Democracy at work.

That's not democracy at work, that's the malign influence of the SJFA slowly turning clubs in the west against senior football to their own ends, helped by having SJFA officials in WoS office positions.  "Guest clubs" this year, but to continue next year you need to join the SJFA.   This is just a drive for membership to further create division.

Let's cut the crap, there are people within the WoS who want to see the Junior football return and are winding back on progress, to make the Junior Cup front and centre, to forget about licences or Lowland League promotion.  There's also an element of wanting to keep the SJFA going and the nice wee benefits enjoyed by the blazers that go along with it. They are parochial dinosaurs unable to move on and leave the past behind.

Why Bo'ness United have seen fit to get involved in this nonsense God only knows, but what the LL Board should be doing is taking steps to ban entry to non-sanctioned competitions, same with the EoS Board.

As others have said, the WoS should have been set-up for those that wanted it, the rest who wanted to cling to the 19th century should have been left to do just that.

38 minutes ago, Casper Wilson said:

It's not a Southern Counties FA competition.   It was an SFA competition and is now run by a four league committee.

You're mixed up with the Southern Counties Challenge Cup, on the go since 1891.

32 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

It's not a Southern Counties FA competition.   It was an SFA competition and is now run by a four league committee.

You're mixed up with the Southern Counties Challenge Cup, on the go since 1891.

image.png.1f4842be7ac8a100d5aa979e35870e88.png

Taken from the SFA Handbook.

1 hour ago, Casper Wilson said:

The Southern Counties FA is made up of senior league clubs who reside in the historical Counties of Dumfriesshire, Wigtonshire, and Kirkcudbrightshire. 

The Southern Counties Cup is open to clubs from these 3 counties and is participated in by clubs from the SPFL, Lowland, South of Scotland and West of Scotland Leagues.

The only Dumfries and Galloway senior club who are not members I understand is Kello Rovers, who now being a senior club could join the SCFA I would imagine if so inclined.

6 minutes ago, Casper Wilson said:

image.png.1f4842be7ac8a100d5aa979e35870e88.png

Taken from the SFA Handbook.

That is an indication of the Cup Competitions that SCFA members take part in. The other cups are run by the SCFA solely for its members. 

The SRCC is an externally organised competition that SCFA members can enter as SCFA members along with the SFA Challenge Cup (if appropriately licenced).