First Divison 22/23

59 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

It's a bit of a side issue now given Catering-gate, the game last night was one of the best I've been at this season.

10 out of 10 for trying, but I think you've lost the room.

I feel really sad about all of this negativity toward the cages. Joking aside about traditionalists, the most important part for me is the match on the pitch. Whether it's grass or astro or ash, can remember seeing the Ants on their ash pitch top of Helen St., I don't really care as long as the product on the park is watchable.

Fully aware that for others it's about the whole experience but I don't like this perceived snobbery I sense and the slight dismissiveness of clubs because of where they play.

Sad and disappointed there are fans out there who won't go to a game because of the facility it's being played in.

Know this might not be popular and I joke a lot on here. This is something I feel passionately about and feel clubs like the Cairn deserve all the success they get and the support and respect of the football community.

Edited by HorseyGhirl

11 hours ago, HorseyGhirl said:

One of my local clubs Turncoat Rovers at Meadow Park have a thriving wee social club. Wherein they have ample seating, fully stocked bar, excellent catering, and multiple tv's for football and racing coverage. It can be busy before, during and after a game as they have a range of hospitality packages on offer.

Additionally they have acts on Saturday nights and other functions. 

What have Threave done to you that you need to be so disparaging about them ????

I agree about their great facilities, they are just what is needed and am sure provides a regular welcome boost to their coffers.

I have been there quite a few times, from even before they upgraded their social club. and their committee has to commended for the way they run their club for the benefit of the community. 

1 hour ago, VodkaTap said:

What have Threave done to you that you need to be so disparaging about them ????

I agree about their great facilities, they are just what is needed and am sure provides a regular welcome boost to their coffers.

I have been there quite a few times, from even before they upgraded their social club. and their committee has to commended for the way they run their club for the benefit of the community. 

It's actually a joke about them from a previous post that I should have stop using. It is in bad taste. 

I have been to more Threave games this season than any other team. It's a great setup and the folk there are superb. They took a big risk moving West and in discussions with others I have defended and supported their motives for moving which have been questioned by some.

I will call them by their proper from now on. I meant no disrespect toward the club. Apologies to all.

Cumbernauld 0 - Gartcairn 4

Down with a whimper - Cumbernauld self destructed in alarming fashion as Gartcairn didn't have to break into a sweat to easily brush them aside. The logic of needing to win the game to stay up and playing over an hour with one striker being continually outnumbered by 4 defenders escapes me.

Throw in an OG, a defence that couldn't keep the milk out of the fridge and a management team that really hasn't improved this rabble at all. Don't expect to see many, if any,  of the players there next season.

On 18/05/2023 at 20:54, HorseyGhirl said:

I feel really sad about all of this negativity toward the cages. Joking aside about traditionalists, the most important part for me is the match on the pitch. Whether it's grass or astro or ash, can remember seeing the Ants on their ash pitch top of Helen St., I don't really care as long as the product on the park is watchable.

Fully aware that for others it's about the whole experience but I don't like this perceived snobbery I sense and the slight dismissiveness of clubs because of where they play.

Sad and disappointed there are fans out there who won't go to a game because of the facility it's being played in.

Know this might not be popular and I joke a lot on here. This is something I feel passionately about and feel clubs like the Cairn deserve all the success they get and the support and respect of the football community.

Do the newer clubs who tend to play in these cages have much of a fanbase?  

13 hours ago, energyzone said:

Do the newer clubs who tend to play in these cages have much of a fanbase?  

Can only speak for the Div 4 teams.

Easterhouse and Kilsyth A. averaged around the 50 mark. Eglinton I believe have a core, numbers I can't give, maybe there's someone down Kilwinning way in the know. Can't speak for the others.

Kilsyth derby in Oct. had over 200 with a sprinkling of neutrals whom I believe have revisited the illustrious Sportsfield. 

As with all new teams, I would imagine, it can take time to build a fan base especially in an area already with an established club.

It's no secret I know the crew at Kilsyth A. and from what I've heard there is a growing interest in them. So next season in Div 3 will tell us how its going.

15 hours ago, PossilYM said:

To think Gartcairn are only one promotion away from playing Albion Rovers.

Local derby too. 👍

Edit: or rather Rovers are one relegation away. Be positive.

Edited by HorseyGhirl

Well that's my beloved Bonnyton away. Hope they can find their feet in Div 2.

Tough 2 seasons since moving West. 2nd half of season definitely improved bit just bridge too far in the end.

Regroup in Div 2 and maybe a promotion in the offing next season.