Industry ( BBC )

Ewan8472

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had started this a while ago when it was getting regularly talked up on The Watch podcast but I bailed pretty much mid-way through the second episode.

I bumped so hard on the the "I play third fiddle to two figures in my Mother's life - Jesus Christ and...Margaret Thatcher. And where do you stand on them? One's the reason we're all here and the other's a carpenter." line inside the first minute of the first episode that I never really gave it a chance but then it's a show about bankers/hedge fund types...of course they're all absolute c***s and sociopaths.

It's since been picked up by HBO so I decided to give it another go after the fact and it feels like halfway through it's found its feet a bit. I mean, they're still c***s but it's essentially a 'This Life' for Millenials/Gen Z - which is a bit easier for me to find headspace for.