Hamilton Academical thread

8 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

No chance of him going to Ayr, his whole idea for moving over there was the chance to play in a European competition. I also don’t see Ayr paying a fee to sign anyone unless they get a decent amount for Akinyeme.

Well it’s a given that we’ll get a good bit of money for him and we paid a fee for Ben Dempsey last season so it’s something we are able to do. 

He may sign, he may not. Can’t say I’m that enthusiastic about having him either way. 

No chance he will go to Ayr like other people said he went to Larne for European football he will also be on a good bit with wages as well don't think Ayr could match it or pay the fee Larne would want. Would be shocked if he went to Ayr.

Tiehie, De Bolle, Sparrow, Stephenson, McGowan, Smith, Lawson, Ngandu McGowan, Ashley-Seal, Doyle and Gaffney all leaving - only Smith and McGowan will be any real loss based on this season.

Reckon a few others will get better offers and leave as well - Fulton, Oreilly, Martin, Tumilty.

Well it's good to know who's definitely away, and I agree with you about the ones who are likely to get better offers. I can understand offering O'Reilly, Martin and Tumilty deals but we really should be looking to burn it all to the ground and start again. 

We'll also still have contracted players who get let go during the summer like MacDonald and Moyo last year, as well as the rumoured transfer fees for Fulton, McDonald and maybe Forsyth. 

We've not had a proper rebuild since Brian Rice's first summer in charge and I don't think any fan trusts those involved to get this one right. 

I’d be ecstatic if we kept Tumilty as having an actual competent out and out right back playing right back for the first time since Aaron McGowan maybe? was class. But he could quite easily get a gig with any other team in the championship.

Martin and O’Reilly will be gone with my best wishes. Martin like Tumilty won’t be short of offers at championship level.

Michael Doyle would have been fine as a cheap option to address the normal problem RB issue in league 1 if Tumilty does go.

The rest I couldn’t care a jot about, Ashley-Seal will go down in folklore as one of our worst signings in recent years IMO an awful player.

Club should of kept Adam McGowan and Doyle going off that Tumilty is leaving rest of the players that were here permanently I'm not too bothered about. Fact we haven't said anything about Lewis Spence tells me for some stupid reason the club have decided to offer him another contract which I think is mad considering he's offered nothing and been a waste of a wage for the past 2 years. 

5 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Well it's good to know who's definitely away, and I agree with you about the ones who are likely to get better offers. I can understand offering O'Reilly, Martin and Tumilty deals but we really should be looking to burn it all to the ground and start again. 

We'll also still have contracted players who get let go during the summer like MacDonald and Moyo last year, as well as the rumoured transfer fees for Fulton, McDonald and maybe Forsyth. 

We've not had a proper rebuild since Brian Rice's first summer in charge and I don't think any fan trusts those involved to get this one right. 

Have a feeling that Zannata will be one of those that leaves during the summer. Think he'll think he's better than league 1 when in reality he's not. 

On 01/06/2023 at 11:22, accies1874 said:

You on the bus to Oban ?

On 01/06/2023 at 07:13, Scotty Tunbridge said:

I’d be ecstatic if we kept Tumilty as having an actual competent out and out right back playing right back for the first time since Aaron McGowan maybe? was class. But he could quite easily get a gig with any other team in the championship..

Raith couldn’t use him, but you got any CH’s leaving that are competent?

4 hours ago, TxRover said:

Raith couldn’t use him, but you got any CH’s leaving that are competent?

Dylan McGowan and Dan O'Reilly can both easily get another championship club. Dylan has left accies and killie now so will be a free agent. Dan is still discussing contract terms with accies but is also likely to leave.

On 01/06/2023 at 17:06, Ian Mcleod said:

Have a feeling that Zannata will be one of those that leaves during the summer. Think he'll think he's better than league 1 when in reality he's not. 

Wouldn't be surprised at all if he thinks that. What would be surprising is if a Championship club agrees.

18 hours ago, FuzzyBear said:

You on the bus to Oban ?

I'll be part of the boring crew at Cumbernauld Colts