The Silent Hill Thread

Ludo*1

Went back 3 pages and couldn't find a thread on Silent Hill so thought I'd start a new one.

Big, big year for Konami as they've announced Silent Hill is back from the dead. Might not be quite the Kojima experience a lot of people were hoping for but with SH2 being remade and a total of 5 games announced, it looks like it's going to be a wild time for Silent Hill.

Here's a selection of the trailers:

Silent Hill 2 Remake:

Silent Hill f trailer:

Silent Hill Townfall trailer:

Silent Hill Ascension trailer:

New film behind the scenes stuff:

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I first played the original on a demo disk ('member them?) on PS1, which contained just the first few parts of the school section.  I think it was before they were told to put certain changes into the game, because the child-sized but clearly alien looking monsters were replaced with basically school children with long claws.  Not surprised they were told to change that, as it certainly ratcheted up how terrifying it all was.

I really hope they can make something out of those.  Silent Hill deserves better than to slide right down the drain after the start it had.  1 and 2 were classics, and I'd argue that 3 was up there too.  With the advances in graphics and everything developers can do nowadays, someone with imagination and talent could make something great given the chance.

• 2 months later...
On 06/01/2023 at 09:40, forameus said:

I first played the original on a demo disk ('member them?) on PS1, which contained just the first few parts of the school section.  I think it was before they were told to put certain changes into the game, because the child-sized but clearly alien looking monsters were replaced with basically school children with long claws.  Not surprised they were told to change that, as it certainly ratcheted up how terrifying it all was.

I really hope they can make something out of those.  Silent Hill deserves better than to slide right down the drain after the start it had.  1 and 2 were classics, and I'd argue that 3 was up there too.  With the advances in graphics and everything developers can do nowadays, someone with imagination and talent could make something great given the chance.

Imagine the exact silent hill storylines and playthroughs, but with the graphic and location styles of the new resi remakes, they would be utterly terrifying