Forfar Athletic -vs- Stenhousemuir (Saturday 11 February 2023)

Aye, dreadful stuff from Curtis Lyle. I've had my doubts about him after seeing him fail to deal with crossballs and set-pieces but this confirms it: he will not do. It's hard to believe we've used six goalies in the past two seasons and only one of them has been any good.

A draw yesterday was the fairest outcome but we created some decent chances and forced Mark McCallum into one or two good saves, especially when Mikey Miller's goal-bound effort was suddenly scooped up and away on the line. There were a couple of hairy moments at points and Forfar Athletic had us on the back foot but I would have taken a point going into the game, so I'm not too disappointed.

Sean Crighton was our best player yesterday - he took his goal well, could have had a second, and generally did well with anything the Loons chucked at him - and Nat Wedderburn was classy in midfield, rarely giving away the ball and always finding a pass. Fair play to Ross Forbes, he's been brought to the club for his long passing and ability from dead balls, and he was rubbish at both. We're definitely in need of reinforcements, especially in attack, as we had no-one to make a difference off the bench. I do hope Gary Naysmith has some irons in the fire!