Andrew Innes - Guilty of murder

ICTChris

17 minutes ago, Benjamin_Nevis said:

Years ago me and another lad were setting off to climb a couple of munros near Loch Laggan in pretty brutal winter conditions. Some English guy caught us up near the start and walked round with us, he was in his 70s and had been a cop in Hong Kong. When we got back to the car park 7 hours later it was about -5 and we saw this young Asian woman sitting in the passenger seat looking miserable and absolutely frozen.

He was completely open about the fact that she'd sat there the whole time with his dog and had obediently not put the engine on to get the heaters on. He was actually proud of this. Absolutely mental, mental stuff. 

Mental indeed ,he should have text her when he was near the car, then she could have started the engine so the car was warm for him getting back in it . 

On 08/02/2023 at 18:20, hk blues said:

I agree with much of what you've said but I'd change 'Asia' to 'SE Asia'.  I spent 10 years in Hong Kong and, as I'm sure you've seen, there are areas which are totally ex-pat yet not necessarily creepy ex-pat.  It's simply a function of numbers/location/interests of ex-pats v locals.  

That last para resonates a lot with me given my current location - a lot of naive foreigners are soon relieved of their cash as I mentioned in an earlier post.

I'll take your word on Hong Kong as I've never actually been. And I wouldn't necessarily avoid European centric places because they are creepy, it's more because I just don't think they would be that good. Whenever I get food poisoning here it tends to be (the Asian attempt at) western food!

If you're ever in Singapore and surrounded by white people you probably should leave immediately to avoid bankruptcy. 

4 hours ago, Benjamin_Nevis said:

Years ago me and another lad were setting off to climb a couple of munros near Loch Laggan in pretty brutal winter conditions. Some English guy caught us up near the start and walked round with us, he was in his 70s and had been a cop in Hong Kong. When we got back to the car park 7 hours later it was about -5 and we saw this young Asian woman sitting in the passenger seat looking miserable and absolutely frozen.

He was completely open about the fact that she'd sat there the whole time with his dog and had obediently not put the engine on to get the heaters on. He was actually proud of this. Absolutely mental, mental stuff. 

There's no doubt it happens, but for me it's a class issue more than a race issue. 

The idea of a docile Asian wife stereotype doesn't really align with the reality, in Vietnam it's men who are predominantly expected to do the cooking.

The above case sounds a lot like the woman grew up in poverty and this is her escape. There's a clear link between economic circumstances and domestic abuse within the UK too.

If you're dating an upper class, western educated south east Asian and think you'll be ordering them around - I may have some news for you on that one.

2 hours ago, Satoshi said:

I'll take your word on Hong Kong as I've never actually been. And I wouldn't necessarily avoid European centric places because they are creepy, it's more because I just don't think they would be that good. Whenever I get food poisoning here it tends to be (the Asian attempt at) western food!

If you're ever in Singapore and surrounded by white people you probably should leave immediately to avoid bankruptcy. 

There's no doubt it happens, but for me it's a class issue more than a race issue. 

The idea of a docile Asian wife stereotype doesn't really align with the reality, in Vietnam it's men who are predominantly expected to do the cooking.

The above case sounds a lot like the woman grew up in poverty and this is her escape. There's a clear link between economic circumstances and domestic abuse within the UK too.

If you're dating an upper class, western educated south east Asian and think you'll be ordering them around - I may have some news for you on that one.

I think Hong Kong is a bit different to most other Asian cities due to its British heritage and resultant relatively high number of westerners coupled with it being the gateway to China so the idea of a 'foreign area' is kinda alien (no pun intended) - it's simply a city where there is a mix of local and foreigners living together in their respective preferred areas which happen to be different.  

As for your last sentence, my wife is none of those - except being SE Asian, of course,  and I wouldn't dare order her around!

Remember folks this thread is about a 'Scottish man' brutally murdering a woman and raping her daughter.

We're taking about you/me/him, didn't matter where his victims came from.

As Buddha told me, revenge is good but never solves the problem.

Goin give me 1 minute please, I'll never kill again....until the next time, never be proud to f**k them up with a blow torch....i would type more, but my good hearts starting to kick in.

When you see evil, you have 2 choosing in life, become or fight.

I'm fighting lads.

24 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Cormack?

Huge if true.

TBH the eye bleeding fitba that comes out the granite city just now, I'd wish that was banned from viewing also here.

Anyway Willie Miller was king @kingjoey

is

Edited by SlipperyP

10 hours ago, Benjamin_Nevis said:

After the first half of this post I thought you were going to confirm the Bruce Lee conspiracy theory

I posted a few lines o the depression thread then deleted, 

so here fucking goes troops, sit the f**k down.

As I posted before why and how I ended up here;

My job, here is not like any other, as no c**t will do it...

I work with 3 orphanages mainly with the 16yo, just about to leave school.  I find placement of work for them or try and I mean pray from them to join(be accepted)  for the vocation collage to learn a trade.  If not, I'll knock every door asking for work them, if its a noodle a shop or make ice. I get paid peanuts. It stops me killing folk.

I cry most nights, but morning brings a new sun, we go again.

ENJOY YOUR LUNCH