East Fife vs Forfar

Yes, starting a thread post match is odd but today was just too good to not speak about. 

We started both half's slowly and were punished with another early goal yet again. Both goals were very poor, especially the second.

Jack Healy deserves some credit for Hutton's own goal but it shows what happens when his final ball is good. Brogan Walls had his best game in an East Fife shirt. He dictated the middle of the park and ran his heart out. Very surprised he never got MOTM. Good all round team performance and a well deserved late winner. 

Mon the Fife👊

Edited by GoldenNuggets_YeeHaa

17 minutes ago, C_titz said:

2 poor teams . East fife probably deserved the win. 

The standard of teams in League 2 is not all that great but I thought the result was probably edged by EF, thanks to that wonder header from the smallest man on the pitch. When I saw the EF line up, I was worried that Forfar would rule the midfield, but the youngsters like Walls and Ferguson along with OAP Trouten took charge after about 15 minutes. That was after Forfar had scored but thereafter in the first half, the Loons did not pose much of a threat.  If any of the 2 teams had ideas of leading at the interval, I would have bet on the home side, based on the possession, (half) chances created  and effort. But not to be.

Second half, Forfar were more dangerous and deservedly equalised thanks to good work from again wee Flanagan , who played well. But seeing the comments from EF, Annan and Stirling supporters about him during his time at those clubs, it is not something that he produces too often.

Worth noting that once again , EF had 7 players aged 21 and younger in the starting starting eleven. Douglas Ross probably didn’t win over any voters from either team given his display on running the line.

Hopefully it’s start of turn around point, fresh sponsors in thanks to the commercial guys and feel good factor back for home games just need a consistency going on the pitch which has been a major factor this season from the off where we beat a team the next week we are back to reality. 

forfar have been a side I have been impressed with since they got shot of Irvine it was needed after the last meeting between the sides and you can see when the winner went in today the players were gutted and down on their knees shows their dedication.

though I still reserve about our current manager remains my opinion for the time being though he did sort change 4-5-1 to 4-4-2 a bit to get the winner so I’ll give him that still thinks his clueless judgement and tactical side about being a manager he lacks and is very raw at times shows.