CLYDEBANK 2022/2023

5 hours ago, not man of the match said:

A missed penalty and a missed red card is hardly pumped, but ultimately ww lost to the team who won.

What's this missed red card Airdrie fans are crying about?

Just now, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Is your confusion about what teams are what the reason you guys were belting out the sectarian songs? 

What are these sectarian songs your talking about?

I think your ears are playing tricks on you basebaallscot.

3 minutes ago, andy25 said:

What are these sectarian songs your talking about?

I think your ears are playing tricks on you basebaallscot.

Your fans were belting out ‘the billy boys’ and singing about being up to their knees in blood etc? Dont get me wrong I get you’re all excited about your big team on Sunday but thats embarrassing. 

1 minute ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Your fans were belting out ‘the billy boys’ and singing about being up to their knees in blood etc? Dont get me wrong I get you’re all excited about your big team on Sunday but thats embarrassing. 

No billy boys from Talbot your just talking pish now.

Talbot boys was what was being sung.

Talbot are my big team 🙂

2 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I have been going to Talbot games for 40 years and NEVER heard "The billy Boys" so stop talking utter shite

7 minutes ago, not man of the match said:

Just the first half incident where Alan Kelly was elbowed and then stood on.

Oh, and yer patter is rotten but on you go.

Your team is rotten as well....

6 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

That ‘justification’ is about as poor as our performance last night.

Not justifying anything. 

Just calling you out for spouting utter pish about sectarian songs being sung.

2 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Mon mate you're generally a reasonable poster but it's clearly the same tune with a different set of words with nothing sectarian about them.  I'm far from a fan of the Rangers version but that's not what they were singing. 

The Talbot songbook is more or less a 50/50 split of things they've heard Celtic and Rangers fans singing - I'm not convinced any died in the wool bigots would be singing The Billy Boys followed immediately by Bella Ciao, but if you do think that then at least give the Talbot fans some credit for their anti-fascist sentiment by singing the latter. 😁

1 hour ago, Shanner said:

Mon mate you're generally a reasonable poster but it's clearly the same tune with a different set of words with nothing sectarian about them.  I'm far from a fan of the Rangers version but that's not what they were singing. 

The Talbot songbook is more or less a 50/50 split of things they've heard Celtic and Rangers fans singing - I'm not convinced any died in the wool bigots would be singing The Billy Boys followed immediately by Bella Ciao, but if you do think that then at least give the Talbot fans some credit for their anti-fascist sentiment by singing the latter. 😁

Right, i get the point you are making, but for me, singing the billy boys or talbot boys whatever people claim they sang, theres only one song people hear there. I feel incredibly strongly about racist/sectarian behaviour as I feel football, especially at our level should be accessible for all.
So if im sitting at a football match with Catholic family members I dont think its unreasonable to be upset hearing a song that is used to glorify violence ‘up to our knees’ against a massive section of the Scottish population. Whether as people claim they sung Talbot or Billy boys, that song, stirs up a lot of anxiety and distress in right thinking members of the public. 
Ive defended football at our level as being an escape from that bile, theres only been a few places ive heard anything remotely sectarian. Id quite openly say that I didnt have that opinion of Talbot, as much as I dont like the club/fans for other reasons. Your support was incredibly vocal last night and went from 0-90minutes in full song, even when the game went against you for the first wee bit. I think its entirely reasonable to question/challenge singing that particular song, its an education thing and if we dont challenge things then nothing gets better. You had so many better songs than singing that nonsense.