CLYDEBANK 2022/2023

22 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Right, i get the point you are making, but for me, singing the billy boys or talbot boys whatever people claim they sang, theres only one song people hear there. I feel incredibly strongly about racist/sectarian behaviour as I feel football, especially at our level should be accessible for all.
So if im sitting at a football match with Catholic family members I dont think its unreasonable to be upset hearing a song that is used to glorify violence ‘up to our knees’ against a massive section of the Scottish population. Whether as people claim they sung Talbot or Billy boys, that song, stirs up a lot of anxiety and distress in right thinking members of the public. 
Ive defended football at our level as being an escape from that bile, theres only been a few places ive heard anything remotely sectarian. Id quite openly say that I didnt have that opinion of Talbot, as much as I dont like the club/fans for other reasons. Your support was incredibly vocal last night and went from 0-90minutes in full song, even when the game went against you for the first wee bit. I think its entirely reasonable to question/challenge singing that particular song, its an education thing and if we dont challenge things then nothing gets better. You had so many better songs than singing that nonsense. 

What a lot of pish.

4 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Right, i get the point you are making, but for me, singing the billy boys or talbot boys whatever people claim they sang, theres only one song people hear there. I feel incredibly strongly about racist/sectarian behaviour as I feel football, especially at our level should be accessible for all.
So if im sitting at a football match with Catholic family members I dont think its unreasonable to be upset hearing a song that is used to glorify violence ‘up to our knees’ against a massive section of the Scottish population. Whether as people claim they sung Talbot or Billy boys, that song, stirs up a lot of anxiety and distress in right thinking members of the public. 
Ive defended football at our level as being an escape from that bile, theres only been a few places ive heard anything remotely sectarian. Id quite openly say that I didnt have that opinion of Talbot, as much as I dont like the club/fans for other reasons. Your support was incredibly vocal last night and went from 0-90minutes in full song, even when the game went against you for the first wee bit. I think its entirely reasonable to question/challenge singing that particular song, its an education thing and if we dont challenge things then nothing gets better. You had so many better songs than singing that nonsense. 

Fair enough I get why you feel strongly about it but I reckon you're overthinking it a bit - to 99% of the people singing it, rightly or wrongly it would be just another fitba song. In general, I don't think we're too bad overall and I get the impression that sometimes people's perception of Ayrshire as a sort of Rangers enclave influences the way people see us as a support and that there must be a subtext to songs like this one even though the words have been changed. 

Whatever issues the Talbot support may have I honestly don't think a sectarianism problem is one of them. Every support in the country will have instances of attitudes that you'd happily have nothing to do with but that is just something that comes from being a club that everyone in the community supports; the ones you agree with and the ones you don't. 

2 minutes ago, Shanner said:

Fair enough I get why you feel strongly about it but I reckon you're overthinking it a bit - to 99% of the people singing it, rightly or wrongly it would be just another fitba song. In general, I don't think we're too bad overall and I get the impression that sometimes people's perception of Ayrshire as a sort of Rangers enclave influences the way people see us as a support and that there must be a subtext to songs like this one even though the words have been changed. 

Whatever issues the Talbot support may have I honestly don't think a sectarianism problem is one of them. Every support in the country will have instances of attitudes that you'd happily have nothing to do with but that is just something that comes from being a club that everyone in the community supports; the ones you agree with and the ones you don't. 

Appreciate reasonable debate over it. 

4 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Your fans were belting out ‘the billy boys’ and singing about being up to their knees in blood etc? Dont get me wrong I get you’re all excited about your big team on Sunday but thats embarrassing. 

Your hatred of Talbot is blinding your judgement here.

You seem to be the only person in a crowd of about 2000 who heard anything sectarian 🙄

1 minute ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Instead of admitting he made a James Hunt of himself he doubles down by typing a load of mewling pish

Nah completely disagree. Change one word in a sectarian song doesnt make it acceptable. Attitudes like yours are why Scottish society will not escape the dark ages. 

Edited by Inanimate Carbon Rod

3 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Nah completely disagree. Change one word in a sectarian song doesnt make it acceptable. Attitudes like yours are why Scottish society will not escape the dark ages. 

How come no one else is complaining?

Is everyone else in the dark ages?

Let it go and stop making a cnut of yourself 

1 minute ago, passbackdave said:

Beat use twice this season easily. 

You beat us twice granted but it certainly wasn't easily.

Beat you in the most important game easily and we've been honking all season 🤣

6 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Am I right in thinking you are a police officer. How successful do you think you would be if you tried to prosecute somebody under sectarian laws in this case.

By the way if everybody had my attitude there would be no sectarianism as I don't give a f**k about any religion

1 minute ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

You’d be happy with your kids singing that bile then that says more about you than me. No point debating this any further. 

You should have went and arrested them.

1 minute ago, andy25 said:

The game at beechwood apart from use scoring in 1st minute I don't think our keeper had a save 2 make urs had several and at hp ur keeper kept use in the game with a great performance. Aye OK we were as shite as usewhere previous games. Better team won last night we didnt turn up(our fans did tho) brilliant crowd. We go again next week 

Mon the papers

7 hours ago, passbackdave said:

The game at beechwood apart from use scoring in 1st minute I don't think our keeper had a save 2 make urs had several and at hp ur keeper kept use in the game with a great performance. Aye OK we were as shite as usewhere previous games. Better team won last night we didnt turn up(our fans did tho) brilliant crowd. We go again next week 

Mon the papers

You get a trophy for having a brilliant crowd?

Talbot had as many fans if not more than Clydebank. 

Edited by andy25

4 minutes ago, passbackdave said:

Mon the papers

Telling us we are pish is not news to us. We have being watching it all season. Despite taking 6 points from us we are still above you in the league and have won a trophy. This is our worst team for 15 years and we are still having a better season than Clydebank

Edited by Wile E Coyote

Just now, Wile E Coyote said:

Telling us we are pish is not news to us. We have being watching it all season. Despite taking 6 points from us we are still above you in the league and have won a trophy. This is our worst team for 15 years and we are still having a better season thn Clydebank

Yes because for years use have been the best team but that's changing. Let's c ur crowds when ur no winning trophies 

Mon the papers