Sensory rooms in Scottish stadiums

@Pingu1884, a question. Is it an absolute that a sensory room would be necessary? I ask because there are a number of stadia at lower levels that could perhaps offer a location clear of fans. if the child/adult could utilize hearing protection, would being in an area away from the busy areas of the locale be a sufficient aide to allowing attendance?

By the same token, @santheman, would an area possibly away from other fans but allowing an unrestricted view be unacceptable from the standpoint of the disabled fan not being integrated with the other fans?

In both cases I’m thinking specifically of several areas around Starks Park that could meet these stipulations for these fans…and I can think of several other venues with similar areas available or developable for a minimal investment. There is also the fact that the smaller crowds at these lower league venues would likely be more “tolerable” to persons needing a more controlled environment.

2 hours ago, TxRover said:

@Pingu1884, a question. Is it an absolute that a sensory room would be necessary? I ask because there are a number of stadia at lower levels that could perhaps offer a location clear of fans. if the child/adult could utilize hearing protection, would being in an area away from the busy areas of the locale be a sufficient aide to allowing attendance?

By the same token, @santheman, would an area possibly away from other fans but allowing an unrestricted view be unacceptable from the standpoint of the disabled fan not being integrated with the other fans?

In both cases I’m thinking specifically of several areas around Starks Park that could meet these stipulations for these fans…and I can think of several other venues with similar areas available or developable for a minimal investment. There is also the fact that the smaller crowds at these lower league venues would likely be more “tolerable” to persons needing a more controlled environment.

In terms of wheelchair provision there is a massive difference in the enjoyment factor between watching a game at ground level and being even 6ft from the ground.

Most wheelchair areas are already away from the bulk of the fans being mostly behind or at the side of the goals.

In an ideal world every ground would have an elevated area beside the fans but won't happen up here anytime soon.

Anyway don't want to steal the thunder from the original topic.

Edited by santheman

4 hours ago, santheman said:

In an ideal world every ground would have an elevated area beside the fans but won't happen up here anytime soon.

And in an ideal world every ground would have a sensory room with a view of the pitch, but that too won't happen any time soon, probably for similar reasons.

Signed. My son is on the spectrum and struggles at games more often that not. I've even had the guy on the turnstiles at Dens ask my son why he had a disabled season ticket but due to his speech delay caused by his autism he couldn't answer him and its best to say I wasn't pleased. Not all disabilities are visible 

5 minutes ago, Juantwothree said:

Signed. My son is on the spectrum and struggles at games more often that not. I've even had the guy on the turnstiles at Dens ask my son why he had a disabled season ticket but due to his speech delay caused by his autism he couldn't answer him and its best to say I wasn't pleased. Not all disabilities are visible 

That’s shocking.