LINLITHGOW ROSE 23/24

GorgieRose

Just now, Omnishambles said:

Stowe stood out like a sore thumb in the EOS whenever I watched him and his goal record was ridiculous. Realistically, what sort of level is he aiming for? Plenty make a big jump and don't cut it.

Know we were looking before all the backroom changes. Would still take him tbh & see how he gets on. Was a standout when I saw Rose last season.

1 minute ago, leomessi1984 said:

Know we were looking before all the backroom changes. Would still take him tbh & see how he gets on. Was a standout when I saw Rose last season.

Don't think the funds are there now are they ? Might end up at raith 😁

19 minutes ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

I can’t see him being happy coming back as a squad player again. 

Good point, but he knows where goals are and needs to introduction to squad. Maybe he would settle for squad player at level above. 🤔 

8 minutes ago, Rubikscube said:

Good point, but he knows where goals are and needs to introduction to squad. Maybe he would settle for squad player at level above. 🤔 

He's big he's a striker knows where the goals are. But does he like being a team player. IE tracking back etc and helping out. Certainly wasn't before.

1 minute ago, lithgierose said:

He's big he's a striker knows where the goals are. But does he like being a team player. IE tracking back etc and helping out. Certainly wasn't before.

You'll know better than me mate, but have seen a few posts saying wouldn't mind having him back. And anytime I seen stowe he didn't track back much . Again only seen him on a few occasions. 

13 minutes ago, Rubikscube said:

He's a good lad, nothing against him but we're really not crying out for Liam Payne to come back. 

12 minutes ago, lithgierose said:

Away. He’s improved beyond belief in those terms this season.

Historically as a club we’ve been poor at player exits. If Mark wants more money and to move it’s his right. He’s done the business for us when we had him so I’ve no qualms. 

He’ll cost though, so get the cheque books out.

49 minutes ago, Omnishambles said:

Stowe stood out like a sore thumb in the EOS whenever I watched him and his goal record was ridiculous. Realistically, what sort of level is he aiming for? Plenty make a big jump and don't cut it.

He'll end up at East kilbride. Not sure who's going to pay a fee in league 2 for him

1 minute ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

Away. He’s improved beyond belief in those terms this season.

Historically as a club we’ve been poor at player exits. If Mark wants more money and to move it’s his right. He’s done the business for us when we had him so I’ve no qualms. 

He’ll cost though, so get the cheque books out.

Only times I've seen him is at our games watching. 😂

Stowe is an excellent finisher however not a team player and he never quite grasped that football is a contact sport!

His goals have been invaluable to the Rose over the last two seasons and for that he deserves great credit and respect. I'm not convinced that he can contribute at the same goal rate in the LL though as he is very much a one trick pony cutting inside onto his left foot. Unless he can develop more variety in his play and decision making then good experienced defenders will show him the outside which severely limits his threat.

It's all about opinions though, I'm sure other fellow Rose fans will disagree.

34 minutes ago, Entertainment said:

Stowe is an excellent finisher however not a team player and he never quite grasped that football is a contact sport!

His goals have been invaluable to the Rose over the last two seasons and for that he deserves great credit and respect. I'm not convinced that he can contribute at the same goal rate in the LL though as he is very much a one trick pony cutting inside onto his left foot. Unless he can develop more variety in his play and decision making then good experienced defenders will show him the outside which severely limits his threat.

It's all about opinions though, I'm sure other fellow Rose fans will disagree.

We played Bo’ness and they had a very good defence, showed him the outside and he popped one on Sneddons head gift wrapped from his “weak” foot.

He uses the cut in and hit most as it’s absolutely lethal.

Edited by grinderbrokeyourhearts

52 minutes ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

We played Bo’ness and they had a very good defence, showed him the outside and he popped one on Sneddons head gift wrapped from his “weak” foot.

He uses the cut in and hit most as it’s absolutely lethal.

Yes he did and I certainly enjoyed that one as well 😁

It doesn't change my opinion though, I still think that's the low percentage option from Mark.