LINLITHGOW ROSE 23/24

GorgieRose

Best of luck to Mark - a great move for him and he leaves us with some amazing memories, especially the wonder goals at Sauchie and Jeanfield to name but two.

It shows the club in a positive light too - we’re offering the platform and environment for talented youngsters to do well and kick on.

I suspect we have at least another couple of lads who will be gracing the higher leagues in the future - hopefully with the Rose!

43 minutes ago, Yodanumber1 said:

U struggling to understand lol 

So a lithgie fan uses a lithgie orientated user name and you find that odd ?. You say your team is boness united, but you are on the boness athletic committee. And you have said what are we going to do when talking about mark stowe leaving. Make up your mind 😂

I'm in mixed minds about Stowe going.

On his day unplayable, too many days he was lazy and ineffective.

His performance against Sparta in Scottish was him at his best, his pitiful disinterested lazy performance against Dunipace was him at his worst.

Interesting to see how he gets on. Good luck to him but we won't miss him if Paterson is as good as they say.

Hopefully get a couple more in.

He’ll be a huge miss. Scored when it mattered nearly every time. Over 40 goals a season doesn’t just happen. I get people get frustrated when a player leaves but he’s been one of our very best I’ve ever watched in the last 30 years - our best winger since Corcoran 20 years ago.

He dries up a bit Dec-Feb in the mud but was integral to the team. Hearing good things about Paterson but Division 3 is an absolute diddy league compared to the EOS so a bit step up for him as well.

Hearing he links up better than Stowe but that leaves the question out there that we need a prolific number 9 up there for him to playoff.

Ill be surprised if we don’t have at least 3 starters signed by the end of the week.

45 minutes ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

Hearing good things about Paterson but Division 3 is an absolute diddy league compared to the EOS so a bit step up for him as well.

Zzzz… League Cup a diddy cup aswell? Managed to dispose of quite a few Premier teams en route to the final that your team didn’t manage to make.

Suppose his success will come down to whether the rest of the players in the Rose team are as good as the unit and players Athletic have.

Paterson will be your Player of the Year.

1 hour ago, Sure & Stedfast said:

Zzzz… League Cup a diddy cup aswell? Managed to dispose of quite a few Premier teams en route to the final that your team didn’t manage to make.

Suppose his success will come down to whether the rest of the players in the Rose team are as good as the unit and players Athletic have.

Well he’s not wrong is he. 

2 hours ago, Marooneye said:

I'm in mixed minds about Stowe going.

On his day unplayable, too many days he was lazy and ineffective.

His performance against Sparta in Scottish was him at his best, his pitiful disinterested lazy performance against Dunipace was him at his worst.

Interesting to see how he gets on. Good luck to him but we won't miss him if Paterson is as good as they say.

Hopefully get a couple more in.

I would be incredibly disappointed if Stowe was not better than Patterson. 

ETA - and he will be nowhere near a Dick Campbell Arbroath team if he’s ever even the slightest bit lazy. I hope our older guys show him what’s required to play at Championship level, need to be extremely fit and hard working to just be able to play never mind be any use. 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

On 16/06/2023 at 19:15, lithgierose said:

So a lithgie fan uses a lithgie orientated user name and you find that odd ?. You say your team is boness united, but you are on the boness athletic committee. And you have said what are we going to do when talking about mark stowe leaving. Make up your mind 😂

Not on any committee

On 17/06/2023 at 10:14, Sure & Stedfast said:

I hope so and looking forward to seeing him but I’m only saying it’s a massive jump.

Not a diddy league cup but there’s no doubt Musselburgh and Sauchie would have played weakened sides VS Bo’ness given the other comps they were in.

Im taking nothing away, just harder when you need to play at that level every week and not in a one off. That’ll be the hard part for the Rose this year as well. I expected us to win the EOS. The LL is in the main teams all at the level of the top of the EOS or higher.

1 hour ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

I hope so and looking forward to seeing him but I’m only saying it’s a massive jump.

Not a diddy league cup but there’s no doubt Musselburgh and Sauchie would have played weakened sides VS Bo’ness given the other comps they were in.

Im taking nothing away, just harder when you need to play at that level every week and not in a one off. That’ll be the hard part for the Rose this year as well. I expected us to win the EOS. The LL is in the main teams all at the level of the top of the EOS or higher.

Sauchie actually didn't have a weakened team it was pretty much the team they were playing at the time. 

We played them in a friendly at Xmas and he tore us apart