LINLITHGOW ROSE 23/24

GorgieRose

Rose played some very fast paced attractive football and thoroughly deserved the 6-0 lead at half-time.

2nd half was a bit more lethargic, with usual host of substitutions.

Losing a goal was always on the cards as defensively we can at times be neglectful of our defensive duties. This is certainly an area we need to be more mindful about.

New boys all look useful additions.

Played well today against a decent Petershill team. Finished 1-1 but should have scored 3 or 4 and their goal was defensive howler. Still missing Skinner, Allan, McKirdy, Paterson and Ogilvie plus longer term casualties Thom and Thomson. Things looking Ok.

i thought we played well in spells especially in first half.  going forwardwe look very good, but need to be more aware and prepared for physical teams of which Petershill were a clear exqmple.  

In saying that Rae skipped past that numpty centre half who tried to put him into the stand with aplomb and yet again finished superbly.  We seemed to drop out a little with all the changes but as Fuzzie says, lots of players still to come in.  hopefully Herdy and John know their best starting 11 now as we were debating still on the way home..  good signs but real test starts next week

Hitting the woodwork 3 times and forcing their keeper into several good saves could have painted a different story, but so could their one or two chances.  Better teams in our league will not make same mistakes. 

Only disappointment today was lack of pie hut...... nearly faded away to a mountain by time I got home.....

Some seem more impressed than others with Petershill, I thought they were average and their biggest threat was their physicality and not surprised they were relegated last season. So disappointing we couldn't get over the line due to another defensive lapse.

Going into our Opening game next Saturday, it will be interesting to see the selection.

Personally, this season I'd like to see us go with a more settled starting 11 and using our 5 available subs opposed to regular rotation.  Let them grow into a team and build on partnerships.

23 hours ago, FuzzyBear said:

As epected Brash and McMartin head out on loan - both to Blackburn. Just young lads but look decent players.

I think Shyngle would also benefit from a short-term loan to help develop him.

He looks a raw talent who will improve from regular games. I don't see him as in our first picks at central defence.  

12 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

I think Shyngle would also benefit from a short-term loan to help develop him.

He looks a raw talent who will improve from regular games. I don't see him as in our first picks at central defence.  

I would keep him as I would far rather he was in matchday squad than Thomson.

3 hours ago, FuzzyBear said:

I would keep him as I would far rather he was in matchday squad than Thomson.

Allison, Webb and Skinner would all be in front of Shyngle at present. Add Thom when available.

As for Thomson are you writing him off on the basis of a single mistake against Petershill?

Shyngle made a worse mistake against Whitburn and that was against poorer opposition.

Shyngle I think we both agree is undoubtedly a prospect.

3 points to our LL campaign, Job done.

We started at a blistering pace with a well worked opening goal.

Stirling Uni then to a grip of the game and exploited our frailties to equalise. A penalty given away by a rash foul was excellently saved by Binnie.

Rose went 2-1 up through Ogilvie and we went in with a half-time lead.

Defensively we looked uncomfortable at left back with a right footed McKenzie struggled. Also at times Stirling opened us up at ease.

2nd half we looked much improved and settled.  Jamie Allan scored a cracker to make it 3-1.

Overall more pluses than negatives.

McKenzie struggled again out of position at LB, which was ludicrous given Webb on the bench and Gillespie which would have provided us with 2 more natural full backs.

Allison and Skinner both had solid games. McMullan and Allan were solid and Paterson looks an excellent addition.

Very good game yesterday.  Uni were impressive and played at a high tempo.

Thought our midfield and frontline were excellent as was keeper and Liam.  

Well worth the admission money for what seemed like a healthy crowd.

Really enjoyed the game. The Uni were a strong, physical side who will do well this year. Thought we got caught for pace at centre half a few times in the first half but second half Allison and Skinner especially read things superbly.