LINLITHGOW ROSE 23/24

GorgieRose

Very good win today. Sloppy first 10 mins but after that dominated most of the game and should have won by more. Keeper did not have a save to make and great to see Cammy Thomson back playing. Really poor ref.

I thought it was a fantastic performance, unfortunate not to score more. I felt we coped a lot better against a similarly physical side than we did against Broomhill. Jack Oliver was outstanding, as were Heaver, Patterson and Rae. Massively encouraged by the football we're playing.

Great to see Cammy T back. Allison and McKirdy are hoping to be back in contention in the next couple of weeks too. 

Took the missus on a wee road trip (does 30 mins count?) to take in this one.

Thought Linlithgow, after a little bit of a slow start, were far better than Caley Braves. Heaver was absolutely outstanding and every time he had the ball, drove forward and made something happen. Lithgae fans must enjoy watching him!

Linlithgow attacked lots and probably should have won by more, but the wee lad up front looked like... a wee lad. It does seem a striker/extra firepower is needed (which I know sounds odd a week after they just hit 9...). It was a well worked and well taken goal when it game, but there should have been more. 

9 minutes ago, Jordi1977 said:

Took the missus on a wee road trip (does 30 mins count?) to take in this one.

Thought Linlithgow, after a little bit of a slow start, were far better than Caley Braves. Heaver was absolutely outstanding and every time he had the ball, drove forward and made something happen. Lithgae fans must enjoy watching him!

Linlithgow attacked lots and probably should have won by more, but the wee lad up front looked like... a wee lad. It does seem a striker/extra firepower is needed (which I know sounds odd a week after they just hit 9...). It was a well worked and well taken goal when it game, but there should have been more. 

I thought Rae had a decent game today. Some great touches and good runs.

Definitely not questioning the lads work rate or his getting stuck in... it just seemed that, forva striker, whenever the ball was in or near the box, he wasn't there to get on the end of a move, or to find space for a shot... didn't have the natural scorer look about him.

Obviously, I'm not a Linlithgow supporter, so that's my first time seeing him... so may have just been one of those days.

2 hours ago, Jordi1977 said:

Definitely not questioning the lads work rate or his getting stuck in... it just seemed that, forva striker, whenever the ball was in or near the box, he wasn't there to get on the end of a move, or to find space for a shot... didn't have the natural scorer look about him.

Obviously, I'm not a Linlithgow supporter, so that's my first time seeing him... so may have just been one of those days.

He's already knocked in a hat trick preseason and almost did last Saturday. The lad knows where the goals are 😂