LINLITHGOW ROSE 23/24

GorgieRose

Be great to get official one as sure doc and cammy thomson and liam alison we're out of contract ,but if that's the squad then looking good  and maybe one more I don't see any outs as its a hard league, more cups and longer distance for the team to travel 

49 minutes ago, Bignose23 said:

Be good to see a released and retained list as some players I thought weren't signed up are, the likes of wee sandy I'm sure he was a multi year deal anyway so is this a improved contract.

Aye it would be good for other clubs to know who's coming to the end of their contracts. 

Great performance tonight, sure there were a couple of defensive slip ups we need to work on but there's a lot to feel optomistic about.

Jamie Allan was superb even played out of his usual position, or maybe that'll be his position... Callum Rae and Dylan Patterson looked very good and they'll only get better the more the play with the team and Cokesy was different class. Happy days! 

3 hours ago, FuzzyBear said:

Rose sign Sean McKirdy - don't know much about him. Think that is squad up to 23 so can see 2 or 3 leaving soon.

Cracking player & was gutted when he dropped from Kelty to focus on his business. He'll be a good addition.

missed the first 2 goals running late from finishing work, but from what I saw attack shaping up nicely and will cause every team in the league a problem. On the other hand as said above defensive lapses need to be eradicated as teams at this level up will punish them more. Pie again fantastic.

24 minutes ago, bobbydazzler said:

missed the first 2 goals running late from finishing work, but from what I saw attack shaping up nicely and will cause every team in the league a problem. On the other hand as said above defensive lapses need to be eradicated as teams at this level up will punish them more. Pie again fantastic.

Defence was missing Cammy Thomson and Greg McPherson (1st half) who will be first choice full backs. Allison, Webb and Shyngle all missing from centre half as well.

On 05/07/2023 at 07:39, bobbydazzler said:

Agree, all good teams start with a strong defence.  As we can at times be gung ho - to our own detriment.

Personally this season, I'd like to see a more settled 11, with good use of subs, opposed  to a squad rotation favoured by Herdy. (To be fair this has worked well for him).

4 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

Agree, all good teams start with a strong defence.  As we can at times be gung ho - to our own detriment.

Personally this season, I'd like to see a more settled 11, with good use of subs, opposed  to a squad rotation favoured by Herdy. (To be fair this has worked well for him).

So what would be the preferred starting 11 ?

6 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

I agree, a more settled 11 would be a huge advantage. I'm not convinced that the way the squad was rotated did work well though. 

Thinking back to the match against LTHV at Spartans where the entire bench were first picks and we were four nil down before we knew it. I think he brought Stowe and others on and we pulled a couple back but we were well beaten by then. We were subsequently awarded three points because LTHV had fielded an illegible player so we got away with it nevertheless... 

I could argue the same for the cup final against Gala Fairydean, two nothing up and cruising and mass changes were made for the sake of resting players for the final push for the league and we lost our shape, shipped two late goals and the pens, well that's best forgotten. 

You could argue that it worked because our main objective was to win the league and gain promotion so the ends justifies the means, but I think that's very different from saying it worked well! 

9 minutes ago, Zenith said:

Too soon to say, need to see how the new boys settle in. 

agree with this but think a few players will defo start, Binnie, MacPherson, Thomson, McMullan...

be interesting to see who herdy goes with in the front 3 at the start of the season. 

2 minutes ago, bobbydazzler said:

agree with this but think a few players will defo start, Binnie, MacPherson, Thomson, McMullan...

be interesting to see who herdy goes with in the front 3 at the start of the season. 

Agree, would personally add Allan to that list.

But as referenced let's see what the new boys add and take it from there.

Albeit I don't think Herdy will change his philosophy from rotation to more settled.

Sat 22 Jul - Stirling Uni (h) 3pm (League)
Tue 25 Jul - Broomhill (a) 7.45pm (League)
Sat 29 Jul - Gretna (a) 3pm (League)
Sat 5 Aug - Caley Braves (a) 3pm (League)
Sat 12 Aug - Cumbernauld (h) 3pm (League)
Sat 19 Aug - TBC
Tue 22 Aug - Gala (h) 7.45pm (League)
Sat 26 Aug - Edin Uni (h) 3pm (League)
Fri 1 Sep - Hearts B (a) 7.45pm (League)
Tue 5 Sep - East Kilbride (h) 7.45pm (League)
Sat 9 Sep - TBC
Sat 16 Sep - Newtongrange (h) 2.30pm (South Challenge Cup 2nd Rnd)
Sat 23 Sep - TBC
Sat 30 Sep - Berwick (h) 3pm (League)
Sat 7 Oct - Tranent (a) 3pm (League)
Sat 14 Oct - TBC
Tue 18 Oct - East Kilbride (a) 7.45pm (League)
Sat 21 Oct - Civil Service (h) 3pm (League)
Sat 28 Oct - TBC
Sat 4 Nov - Cowdenbeath (a) 3pm (League)
Tue 7 Nov - Celtic B (a) 7.45pm (League)
Sat 11 Nov - East Stirling (h) 3pm (League)
Sat 18 Nov - TBC
Sat 25 Nov - TBC
Sat 2 Dec - Albion Rovers (a) 3pm (League)
Sat 9 Dec - Gretna (h) 3pm (League)
Sat 16 Dec - Gala (a) 3pm (League)
Sat 23 Dec - Broomhill (h) 3pm (League)
Tue 26 Dec - Bo’ness (a) 3pm (League)
Sat 30 Dec - Bo’ness (h) 3pm (League)
Sat 6 Jan - Cowdenbeath (h) 3pm (League)
Sat 13 Jan -East Stirling (a) 3pm (League)
Sat 20 Jan - TBC () 3pm (League)
Sat 27 Jan - Celtic B (h) 3pm (League)
Sat 3 Feb - TBC) 3pm (League)
Sat 10 Feb - Edin Uni (a) 3pm (League)
Sat 17 Feb - Stirling Uni (a) 3pm (League)
Sat 24 Feb - Caley Braves (h) 3pm (League)
Sat 2 Mar - TBC) 3pm (League)
Sat 9 Mar - Cumbernauld (a) 3pm (League)
Sat 16 Mar - Hearts B (h) 3pm (League)
Sat 23 Mar - TBC) 3pm (League)
Sat 30 Mar  - TBC) 3pm (League)
Sat 6 Apr - Berwick (a) 3pm (League)
Sat 13 Apr - Tranent (h) 3pm (League)
Sat 20 Apr - Civil Service (a) 3pm (League)

TBC Bo’ness Athletic (h) TBC (Centenery Cup Semi)
TBC Leith Athletic (h) TBC (EOS Qualifying Cup 2nd Rnd)
TBC Albion Rovers (h) TBC (League)

Just now, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

TBC Bo’ness Athletic (h) TBC (Centenery Cup Semi)

Tuesday 8th August

1 minute ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

TBC Leith Athletic (h) TBC (EOS Qualifying Cup 2nd Rnd)

Saturday 19th August

4 hours ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

I think we’ll see the first picks in the league and Scottish with fringe players in the other cups.

You can’t go through a season with 11 players!

You can involve 16 players every game. Keeping most of the squad regularly involved.

Ideally I'd love to see a more settled 11 and would certainly settle for what you suggest over a regular rotation.