New kits thread 23-24

37 minutes ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:

Think I'd like Dumbarton home more the sash was solid yellow with a black outline rather than stripes, but still good and something a bit different.

Can't wait for out catalogue, can't even pick our preferred colours, Pendle away kit that'll also be worn by The Bard and Walnut or The Pig's Snout Arms.

Yellow ??  Fucking yellow ??  I'll have you know that is gold, Sir, pure 1872-carat gold, after years of insipid Joma J-cloths.

Edited by O'Kelly Isley III

On 29/06/2023 at 12:33, Mattmc said:

image.thumb.png.1c9249b6d815ae87861896586de5f6a5.png

New home shirt for Stranraer. 
Sticking with the tartan away and 3rd shirts for another season. 

Quite like Stranraer home kits but that is maybe because they remind me so much of Caledonian FC colours. This one is ok, one of the few Joma kits that doesn't look like an artistic statement abomination. Not keen on the dots into stripes though, reminds me of the passenger seats on public transport, but maybe that's where Joma get their inspirations.

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

What's your home one then? I always picture Forfar wearing the sky blue for a home kit.

We do as well, but our board for some reason has us wearing navy.

18 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

But historically Forfar used to wear navy & sky hoops for many years. Not to mention green.

This is true, but the Sky Blue shirt is a USP which I think should be capitalised on. Far too much navy in the last 15 years.

53 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

😬 I didn't think that this strip might keep us in navy for next home strip until now, hopefully not though.

Hopefully away becomes the new home next year with a new, non blue, away shirt. Otherwise, we'd be a full 3 seasons from now before we could get a sky blue home shirt. We should definitely be playing in predominantly sky blue, makes us unique.

18 minutes ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:

Hopefully away becomes the new home next year with a new, non blue, away shirt. Otherwise, we'd be a full 3 seasons from now before we could get a sky blue home shirt. We should definitely be playing in predominantly sky blue, makes us unique.

Don't get me wrong I really like it but hopefully it couldn't become home next year since it's actually mint green and looking light blue-ish isn't enough, trouble is with it being confirmed as being bespoke it's hard not to speculate or be miffed about not being in a primarily sky blue top again next year.

I've also been more of a white as our 2nd colour and navy as 3rd colour person tbh but maybe I'm in the minority with that one.

Edited by ScottishLoon

9 hours ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:

White is fine, but boring every time, should have a laugh with our away kit sometimes. Mind that mad gold mesh one we had with the black underlayer, felt like you were wearing a jumper, it was initially supposed to be purple too.

I’ve always called it mustard rather than gold! It was horrible but still stands out because it was different. 

9 hours ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:

White is fine, but boring every time, should have a laugh with our away kit sometimes. Mind that mad gold mesh one we had with the black underlayer, felt like you were wearing a jumper, it was initially supposed to be purple too.

I wasn't necessarily meaning away kit colour more of as preference of our club colours. Like I prefer white shorts or trim over navy.

Edited by ScottishLoon

On 16/07/2023 at 18:06, BridiesHereBridiesThere said:

DE712C6E-7AC7-477B-A589-C552C4DA66A7.thumb.jpeg.4ab52e8ece868f33e2a10d0686332d37.jpeg

Forfar Athletic away kit (which we will wear from 2023 to 2025)

Do Pendle have some incriminating photos of Forfar and Alloa directors in compromising positions or something?