The Hamilton Accies Championship Thread

Good luck to them both. Can't comment much on Daly but One is clearly going to have a decent career, so I hope this move works for him. 

However, this morning just cements how fucking frustrating our football club is. 

Is the social media people just trying to annoy the accies support at this point. On the Oné situation if we've just sold our best young player for years and one of our best current players for cheap when we're trying to win a title and all we've got to replace him is loans and frees then that's embarrassing. Best of Luck to Ryan I can completely see him getting a game for Sheffield United at some point this guy is going to the top. There needs to be 2 or 3 signings coming in during the next month however there's not much available. 

1 hour ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Is the social media people just trying to annoy the accies support at this point. On the Oné situation if we've just sold our best young player for years and one of our best current players for cheap when we're trying to win a title and all we've got to replace him is loans and frees then that's embarrassing. Best of Luck to Ryan I can completely see him getting a game for Sheffield United at some point this guy is going to the top. There needs to be 2 or 3 signings coming in during the next month however there's not much available. 

Maybe the "six figure fee plus significant add ons" is what is helping to keep the club full-time? Looks like the future of the club is being gambled on that being the basis for a successful promotion push this season.

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Maybe the "six figure fee plus significant add ons" is what is helping to keep the club full-time? Looks like the future of the club is being gambled on that being the basis for a successful promotion push this season.

Six figure fee could be as low as £100,000. The fee will almost certainly disappear into the money pit that is the academy. The fact we have had a fire sale selling any promising young players off for peanuts to acadamies down south this summer tells me its struggling to stay afloat. At this point it looks more like a burden on the club than a benefit, where it is producing players to sell to pay for itself rather than any tangible benefit to the club / first team.

Add-ons sound great but are a gamble. Unless he actually makes the first team and does well no-one will be buying him, rendering that part worth £0.

Don't blame the lad at all, but this looks like a terribly short-sighted move from the club.

I'm really interested to see how his career pans out. Physically excellent for his age and, while he doesn't always show it, good technically too. That's obviously a combination which will stand him in good stead, but his bad days make him look like he's not a footballer which I still think is concerning. 

It's a shame he didn't score that goal against Montrose now. 

2 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Yeah it does seem very important that we get promoted this year. For the club financially 

We needed ONE striker before today,now we need two.

Liam Morgan and Ben Black looking good for the Under 18's,but we need a proven scorer ASAP-ideally two as Winter won't cut the mustard.

We would have made more money selling young Ryan  winning promotion with him getting a full season at this level.;short sighted as usual.

Moreover,years ago our young kids played X amount of games before then going down South.Now we are selling them while still developing with the risk their careers could crash and burn before they even take off.

If we don't sign a center half and striker in the next couple of weeks then it's league 1 again next season or we are relying on playoffs again and we seen how that went last season. Dylan McGowan has literally publicly stated that he wants to comeback but it's the club that don't want him he would make a big difference. I wasn't a big fan of Moyo but he offered so much more than O'Hara who has been rotten for weeks. Fulton should start every game he's fit for in the future Jamie did a good job for 4 games but that first goal never happens if Fulton is in goals.

17 hours ago, Ian Mcleod said:

If we don't sign a center half and striker in the next couple of weeks then it's league 1 again next season or we are relying on playoffs again and we seen how that went last season. Dylan McGowan has literally publicly stated that he wants to comeback but it's the club that don't want him he would make a big difference. I wasn't a big fan of Moyo but he offered so much more than O'Hara who has been rotten for weeks. Fulton should start every game he's fit for in the future Jamie did a good job for 4 games but that first goal never happens if Fulton is in goals.

Moyo? Really? 😂😂😂😂😂😂

46 minutes ago, stepek 4 tellys said:

Moyo? Really? 😂😂😂😂😂😂

46 minutes ago, stepek 4 tellys said:

Moyo? Really? 😂😂😂😂😂😂

To be fair,if we had Moyo and Andy Ryan up front,even those two would convert a bigger percentage of chances created than O'Hara and Winter.

We have the best squad depth in the League but one of the worst forward lines when compared to the rest.A good front two up front and we would be winning games by cricket scores.

13 hours ago, Ian Mcleod said:

I wasn't a big fan of Moyo myself however 8 goals in 29 games in the championship is a huge upgrade to 3 goals in 18 in league 1. I think Moyo would do well in this league 

The main issue we've had with strikers in the last few seasons has been with chance creation - they've not been clinical enough, yes, but they've not had an abundance of opportunities either.

Moyo would score more goals in this league purely because he'd get more chances, but i'm not convinced he'd score enough.

Realistically, to be successful, we need either 2/3 players who will score 10-15 goals and 1 striker who can put away 25-30.

I think purely on chance creation volume alone we will get the former, but finding the latter in the free agent / Scottish loan market isn't going to be easy.

Edited by Todd_is_God

3 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

The main issue we've had with strikers in the last few seasons has been with chance creation - they've not been clinical enough, yes, but they've not had an abundance of opportunities either.

Moyo would score more goals in this league purely because he'd get more chances, but i'm not convinced he'd score enough.

Realistically, to be successful, we need either 2/3 players who will score 10-15 goals and 1 striker who can put away 25-30.

I think purely on chance creation volume alone we will get the former, but finding the latter in the free agent / Scottish loan market isn't going to be easy.

You don't necessarily need a striker with 25-30 only 2 strikers in this league last season got above 20 and both got 22 was Ruari Paton and Callum Gallagher the highest after that was Wighton with 16. I think Henderson will get above 10. But I don't think anyone else will in our team. I think Moyo in this league would get above 10 as well. 

Quite glad to see that One is away down south, the more I seen of him the more I was concerned about him. Seems a cracking player from the limited clips.

How are you lot feeling about your attacking options now? Again only from the highlights but you seemed to be cutting through Stirling at ease particularly in the first half. Any concerns about being one dimensional?

We've still got plenty of attacking options who, imo, will contribute to chances being created, but everyone needs to pick up the slack of converting them. While I don't think it's a massive goalscoring downgrade going from One to Henderson, that was never really where the issues were.