The Hamilton Accies Championship Thread

1 hour ago, Kircer bairn said:

You guys never believed me when I told you about imminent cash flow challenges…….🤔

Maybe because you are a slavering idiot. Just bought stadium and no mention there of sponsorship and prize money.

Plus ticket money does not make sense. Take away the 2 Falkirk games we are trying to say there were about 200 paying fans at the other home games. I know we have a shite support but that is clearly nonsense.

Edited by FuzzyBear

3 hours ago, Kircer bairn said:

You guys never believed me when I told you about imminent cash flow challenges…….🤔

You’ve been told before …..

f**k OFF ……

thanks .

1 hour ago, FuzzyBear said:

Maybe because you are a slavering idiot. Just bought stadium and no mention there of sponsorship and prize money.

Plus ticket money does not make sense. Take away the 2 Falkirk games we are trying to say there were about 200 paying fans at the other home games. I know we have a shite support but that is clearly nonsense.

Aye the ticket money should be about twice what is being quoted by my calculation 

Your prize money would have been around £200k as well 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

Seen on the Airdrie thread earlier today that we've been linked striker Nikolay Todorov who left them yesterday would be a strange move although we are needing another striker as a backup he probably wouldn't get much more game time for us than what he would have gotten for Airdrie with us having Shaw and O'Hara unless we're offering him more money than Airdrie it would be a strange move also seen Morton being mentioned as well which is probably more likely.

Really happy with that and it completes the striking options 

We finished our last championship campaign with our strikers being 

Andy Winter, John Pierre Tiehi and Benny Ashley Seal 

And we're starting this season with 

Oli Shaw., Kevin O'Hara and Nikolay Todorov

That's a significant upgrade and we need to give Seref and the rest of the board credit where it's due here. 

57 minutes ago, BigDi@mond said:

Would suggest he’ll have been guaranteed a start for you guys otherwise why would he leave the Airdrie bench to just sit on the Accies one?

Because we are the big Lanarkshire team in this league? 😛.........let the banter begin! 

1 hour ago, BigDi@mond said:

Would suggest he’ll have been guaranteed a start for you guys otherwise why would he leave the Airdrie bench to just sit on the Accies one?

It's obviously fair to think that but O'Hara was our best player last season and very much Rankin's man, and Oli Shaw is our big signing of this window. It could be problematic as they'll all want to be first choice, however we did play with two strikers on Tuesday and at points last season. 

Zengin said last night that we're still looking to bring in another midfielder which is another position we're quite stacked in, imo, so I'm hoping we've got a plan that makes the squad more balanced than it seems right now. 

Posted (edited)

Aw, are we leaving the crowd w+÷king to the Falkirk fans BigDi@mond s? Let's just agree we are both better than the Harry Potter lot.

Edited by Beckford

15 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

It's obviously fair to think that but O'Hara was our best player last season and very much Rankin's man, and Oli Shaw is our big signing of this window. It could be problematic as they'll all want to be first choice, however we did play with two strikers on Tuesday and at points last season. 

Zengin said last night that we're still looking to bring in another midfielder which is another position we're quite stacked in, imo, so I'm hoping we've got a plan that makes the squad more balanced than it seems right now. 

We're needing a creative/attacking minded midfielder desperately imo and that should be one of our main priorities currently along with a center half and right back. On us have a stacked squad I'm not to sure about that as we've now brought 6 players in but there's still 14 who've left from last season 

30 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

We're needing a creative/attacking minded midfielder desperately imo and that should be one of our main priorities currently along with a center half and right back. On us have a stacked squad I'm not to sure about that as we've now brought 6 players in but there's still 14 who've left from last season 

What's Lucas de Bolle up to? 🫣

29 minutes ago, Moysterclass said:

Seeing as this post made me look.

It appears not much as he's still unattached having been released by Newcastle at the end of last season. 

Our other upon-Tyne loanee from 22/23 season Dylan Stephenson was also released & has signed for Dagenham & Redbridge apparently.

19 minutes ago, cdhafc1874 said:

Seeing as this post made me look.

It appears not much as he's still unattached having been released by Newcastle at the end of last season. 

Our other upon-Tyne loanee from 22/23 season Dylan Stephenson was also released & has signed for Dagenham & Redbridge apparently

Forgot Stephenson. So mediocre he couldn't get ahead of Jean Pierre Tiehi (who's now incredibly at AEK Athens, playing for their B team for anyone wondering). 

4 hours ago, Moysterclass said:

Yeah not for me that one although he was probably the best out of a bad bunch with the English loans we had that season between De Bolle, Sparrow, Tiehi and Stephenson. Find it absolutely mental that we're getting close to the end of July and Kerr Mcinroy still doesn't have a club who we've been linked with a bit over the past few years would definitely be offering him a contract..

Edited by Ian Mcleod

@Ian Mcleod I didn't say that the squad was stacked, I said that the striker and particularly the midfield positions are which makes the squad look a bit unbalanced given we only have one natural wide player. 

We have six senior central midfielders, Newbury who impressed there at Dumbarton last season, Latona who's a good prospect and we're looking to bring in another. I'm fine with the likes of Barjonas and MacDonald being squad players, but I'm just struggling to see how it all fits together if we do sign another midfielder. 

I already went over the whole "creative midfielder" stuff in January so not gonna bother doing it again. 

14 hours ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Yeah not for me that one although he was probably the best out of a bad bunch with the English loans we had that season between De Bolle, Sparrow, Tiehi and Stephenson. Find it absolutely mental that we're getting close to the end of July and Kerr Mcinroy still doesn't have a club who we've been linked with a bit over the past few years would definitely be offering him a contract..

McInroy is likely pricing himself out of a move. I don’t think he’s quite as good as he believes he is.