The Hamilton Accies Championship Thread

With Shaw I now think that we can’t be far off being done.  If Paul Allan continues to impress while on trial I imagine he’ll be our last proper signing which would probably relegate MacDonald to RB cover due to Martin and Maguire being on the books.

We may then pick up a loan player or two to bulk the squad out closer to the deadline once the Premiership clubs have finalised their squad plans.

Edited by Scotty Tunbridge

Getting Shaw signed and getting Henderson, Murray and Lyness tied down on new contracts in the past few days puts us in a good position and we are starting to get closer to being finished however I still think we're needing a couple more to come in yet. 

Think bringing in an attacking minded midfielder is really important although Paul Allan does look decent and there does seem to be good reviews from Dunfermline fans he doesn't really tick that box and like I've mentioned before I would expect to see a departure if we do sign Allan. Think we're also needing a winger to really push Henderson for his place Coulson doesn't seem to be that person for me. Think we're still needing a backup right back and striker maybe that's where the loan market will come in.

Also would expect to see us loaning out a few youngsters nearer the end of July/August time guys like Morgan, Kalala, Latona (if he doesn't go down south permanently) and possibly Newbury If Rankin feels he isn't quite ready for first team yet come to mind. 

Hastie was fairly disappointing last season at Accies, Got a couple of goals but generally huffed and puffed without being much of an influence in games. By the end of season Smith and O'Hara were the real drivers especially when it came to the play offs. I like players who take responsibility and can change games, both were stand outs 

On 02/07/2024 at 14:03, Ian Mcleod said:

Getting Shaw signed and getting Henderson, Murray and Lyness tied down on new contracts in the past few days puts us in a good position and we are starting to get closer to being finished however I still think we're needing a couple more to come in yet. 

Think bringing in an attacking minded midfielder is really important although Paul Allan does look decent and there does seem to be good reviews from Dunfermline fans he doesn't really tick that box and like I've mentioned before I would expect to see a departure if we do sign Allan. Think we're also needing a winger to really push Henderson for his place Coulson doesn't seem to be that person for me. Think we're still needing a backup right back and striker maybe that's where the loan market will come in.

Also would expect to see us loaning out a few youngsters nearer the end of July/August time guys like Morgan, Kalala, Latona (if he doesn't go down south permanently) and possibly Newbury If Rankin feels he isn't quite ready for first team yet come to mind. 

Stevie Farrell said a couple of weeks ago that he'd asked about getting Newbury back on loan and was told no, so I assume Rankin sees him as first team material. 

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Stevie Farrell said a couple of weeks ago that he'd asked about getting Newbury back on loan and was told no, so I assume Rankin sees him as first team material. 

Possibly however A lot of young players aren't usually available this early on to go out on loan I would imagine guys like Newbury and Liam Morgan as well for us well be involved in the premier sports games before deciding if they are to remain in the first team or go out on loan. 

46 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

The owner did say at a forum he would be in and about the squad this season regardless of what league we were in, but I didn’t/don’t expect that to be true in the Championship.

He’d be better served going back on loan to a league one side (probably Dumbarton given the recency).  I still suspect he might do after the league cup group stages.

22 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Possibly however A lot of young players aren't usually available this early on to go out on loan I would imagine guys like Newbury and Liam Morgan as well for us well be involved in the premier sports games before deciding if they are to remain in the first team or go out on loan. 

4 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

The owner did say at a forum he would be in and about the squad this season regardless of what league we were in, but I didn’t/don’t expect that to be true in the Championship.

He’d be better served going back on loan to a league one side (probably Dumbarton given the recency).  I still suspect he might do after the league cup group stages.

Sean Crighton has just unexpectedly left us so I expect if Newbury does come available we'll be interested. Would love to have him back.