Clyde Season 23/24

3 minutes ago, Right turn Clyde said:

out of context as nothing written to me has been posted.

Very much in context as you’ve tried to claim you genuinely wish this person well when you have clearly called him names on another social media platform, whether directly to him or not, and they’ve stepped down to get away from critique that crossed a line. Those screenshots of things you have said (no doubt other examples) definitely cross a line. You may want to reflect on your behaviour.

7 minutes ago, fandabbywee78 said:

Very much in context as you’ve tried to claim you genuinely wish this person well when you have clearly called him names on another social media platform, whether directly to him or not, and they’ve stepped down to get away from critique that crossed a line. Those screenshots of things you have said (no doubt other examples) definitely cross a line. You may want to reflect on your behaviour.

Oh yes, the fact he is a volunteer and suffering from depression is now a stick to beat me with. This is why we are bottom of the league....we pick the wrong foe, time and time again and the Board love it..."divide and conquer"  is exactly what they want.

I genuinely do empathise with him regarding his depression as I have been there myself many years ago and it is a very lonely frightening place.

But, those  close to him should not have let him put himself out there on media, where criticism will exist.

I do have to say that the recent comments were probably wrong of me as I had begun to recognise some symptoms of depression in his body language....so yes, having reflected as you suggest,  that was wrong of me not to back off. Not sure referring to him as "dopey" in a communication with our very own Arthur Montford, who had been goading me, was enough to tip him over the edge.....but I apologise if I have added to his anxiety.

32 minutes ago, Right turn Clyde said:

Oh yes, the fact he is a volunteer and suffering from depression is now a stick to beat me with. This is why we are bottom of the league....we pick the wrong foe, time and time again and the Board love it..."divide and conquer"  is exactly what they want.

I genuinely do empathise with him regarding his depression as I have been there myself many years ago and it is a very lonely frightening place.

But, those  close to him should not have let him put himself out there on media, where criticism will exist.

I do have to say that the recent comments were probably wrong of me as I had begun to recognise some symptoms of depression in his body language....so yes, having reflected as you suggest,  that was wrong of me not to back off. Not sure referring to him as "dopey" in a communication with our very own Arthur Montford, who had been goading me, was enough to tip him over the edge.....but I apologise if I have added to his anxiety.

Not a stick to beat you with but perhaps just don’t be awful to people online. It’s not difficult. Having been through it yourself then you would understand how damaging continuous derogatory comments can be to someone’s psyche. 

For all you know that platform may have been an outlet for that person, so to criticise his friends and family for allowing him to do it is just reaching. 

Again if you “recognised” from body language that he was suffering from depression (absolutely amazing skill bytheway!) then calling him a clown or any name was awful behaviour. You can’t determine what comment and when could have an effect on someone. Again experience of the condition itself should tell you that.

Hopefully he accepts your apology and you recognise not to target individuals online in future. 

Edited by fandabbywee78

29 minutes ago, fandabbywee78 said:

Not a stick to beat you with but perhaps just don’t be awful to people online. It’s not difficult. Having been through it yourself then you would understand how damaging continuous derogatory comments can be to someone’s psyche. 

For all you know that platform may have been an outlet for that person, so to criticise his friends and family for allowing him to do it is just reaching. 

Again if you “recognised” from body language that he was suffering from depression (absolutely amazing skill bytheway!) then calling him a clown or any name was awful behaviour. You can’t determine what comment and when could have an effect on someone. Again experience of the condition itself should tell you that.

Hopefully he accepts your apology and you recognise not to target individuals online in future. 

Well I cant promise that...there's the Board to deal with .......

I hope you feed your white charger well tonight and the air is pure in the moral high ground in which you seem to exist.......

I just don't believe in indulging people when they hide behind volunteer status....but yes, I agree I did start to recognise some signs in his demeanour and should have left him to it, but we've kind of been at it for a while, I just did not see a weakness recently and attack him.

Others have done plenty for the club, myself included and have suffered their money being taken by the club without hesitation, but not been excused from abuse, criticism and ridicule....bit of an ill divided world sadly.

Anyhow, wouldn't it just be great to only be interested in the football again and enjoy watching a decent team and brand of football? A fair way off sadly I fear.

44 minutes ago, Right turn Clyde said:

Well I cant promise that...there's the Board to deal with .......

I hope you feed your white charger well tonight and the air is pure in the moral high ground in which you seem to exist.......

I just don't believe in indulging people when they hide behind volunteer status....but yes, I agree I did start to recognise some signs in his demeanour and should have left him to it, but we've kind of been at it for a while, I just did not see a weakness recently and attack him.

Others have done plenty for the club, myself included and have suffered their money being taken by the club without hesitation, but not been excused from abuse, criticism and ridicule....bit of an ill divided world sadly.

Anyhow, wouldn't it just be great to only be interested in the football again and enjoy watching a decent team and brand of football? A fair way off sadly I fear.

You state repeatedly that people need to take their anger out on the right individuals, but this part of your post is telling. You say you noticed signs of depression, but because you say it's been going on a while it's OK in trying to justify your behaviour.

You're an adult so I’d suggest leave it, grow up and more importantly move on for your own, and others’ you clearly wish to aggrevate, sake.

1 minute ago, fandabbywee78 said:

You state repeatedly that people need to take their anger out on the right individuals, but this part of your post is telling. You say you noticed signs of depression, but because you say it's been going on a while it's OK in trying to justify your behaviour.

You're an adult so I’d suggest leave it, grow up and more importantly move on for your own, and others’ you clearly wish to aggrevate, sake.

You are very judgemental.

Noticed only recently the signs...the thing between us and my opinion on the poor quality and content of the podcast preceded the gentleman in question's current mental state. 

That said, I do apologise for the wek-ends comments and wish him well.

1 hour ago, SLClyde said:

The ignore function on this site is really undervalued. 

It’s getting close to the point on this thread where, for me, a page has as many ignore notifications as it has visible posts.

12 hours ago, WBR said:

It’s getting close to the point on this thread where, for me, a page has as many ignore notifications as it has visible posts.

The problem with a lot of the people on this chat is that they hate hearing the truth and all the facts are unfolding in front of us. The club is rotten to the core and the fans are paying the price for all the failings  and what do we all do turn on each other.

2 hours ago, Burnsythebinman said:

if this thread is anything like what is going on at clyde, then your f***ed. 

The thread is basically two trolls (or one with two accounts) trolling and decent Clyde fans responding rather than ignoring them.

Trolls are sad insignificant people who seek any kind of attention online because no one gives a f**k about them in their everyday lives.

Best solution is to ignore these trolling losers.

11 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

The thread is basically two trolls (or one with two accounts) trolling and decent Clyde fans responding rather than ignoring them.

Trolls are sad insignificant people who seek any kind of attention online because no one gives a f**k about them in their everyday lives.

How wrong you are you daft old sod!

32 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

if your post was intended to upset me Haudaft as it appears it is....you sir are the definition of a troll yourself.

Perhaps just better if you sit back like most and watch your club disappear..........."oh boohoo, but who will do it if the Board are gone". doesn't wash anymore.

3 hours ago, Neilly said:

Replied twice to the one post.

This balloon isn't upset in the slightest.

I'll be extremely surprised if RTC doesn't reply to you explaining how he isn't upset.

He'll see this post and be waiting... watching... absolutely frothing to post but knowing it'll be a mad embarrassment if he does.

Then eventually he'll post about not actually being upset and if you think something like this would upset him - think again!

Edited by Brian Carrigan