Clyde Season 23/24

6 hours ago, Shawfield78 said:

100 grand spent in January allegedly you would expect better. 

Sorry if I'm being stupid here but Clyde didn't spend any transfer fees did they? Are you suggesting Clyde have increased their wage bill by £100k?

4 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Sorry if I'm being stupid here but Clyde didn't spend any transfer fees did they? Are you suggesting Clyde have increased their wage bill by £100k?

You're not looking for actual evidence and facts to back up claims on P&B, are you?

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Monster I'm only saying what I was told what  he was given whether that was wages sweeteners to players I don't know . I believe he was backed . Didn't get his first choices but cmon at this level it should make a noticeable difference. McCall has been a let down. 

8 hours ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

We are 3pts behind 8th and 9th when at one point we were into double figures behind. How have you been proven wrong by McCalls appointment? Win next week and we can go above Stranraer at least. He’s made a big difference in performances, players and results.

What were you expecting? Promotion playoffs? Need to be more realistic given what he inherited and the managers at the helm before him. We were resigned to relegation before he took over.

Elgin and East Fife changed managers now both safe.  When we went to Elgin at the end of January we had a golden opportunity to go above them . Blew it as blew most opportunities since . I didn't expect promotion play offs but expected better with the quality of player brought in. I agree the damage was done in the summer but was still plenty time to change it . I'm not saying it's ability more dreadful attitude of the players McCall brought in. McCall was backed.  It's league 2 . The standard is dreadful  . His selections are baffling waited ages to get a left back we get one he either doesn't play him or makes him the scapegoat he plays Howie in midfield when everyone' is saying make him and Hamilton the centre backs. Plus Rennie out wide . It's mental. They are capable when played in correct positions and are up for it like Stenny however more often than not they aren't.  Oh and makes Cuddihy captain.  He doesn't look fit and doesn't even talk far less gee up the team. Sorry I stand by what I say . You're entitled to your opinion. Went on a seven hour return journey for players who other than a twenty minute spell in the second half looked like they couldn't be bothered . 

14 minutes ago, Shawfield78 said:

Elgin and East Fife changed managers now both safe.  When we went to Elgin at the end of January we had a golden opportunity to go above them . Blew it as blew most opportunities since . I didn't expect promotion play offs but expected better with the quality of player brought in. I agree the damage was done in the summer but was still plenty time to change it . I'm not saying it's ability more dreadful attitude of the players McCall brought in. McCall was backed.  It's league 2 . The standard is dreadful  . His selections are baffling waited ages to get a left back we get one he either doesn't play him or makes him the scapegoat he plays Howie in midfield when everyone' is saying make him and Hamilton the centre backs. Plus Rennie out wide . It's mental. They are capable when played in correct positions and are up for it like Stenny however more often than not they aren't.  Oh and makes Cuddihy captain.  He doesn't look fit and doesn't even talk far less gee up the team. Sorry I stand by what I say . You're entitled to your opinion. Went on a seven hour return journey for players who other than a twenty minute spell in the second half looked like they couldn't be bothered . 

I’ve not been a fan of Cuddihy since the promotion season. I genuinely don’t know what all the fan boys see in him.

He keeps our physio in a job at least.

19 minutes ago, Shawfield78 said:

Monster I'm only saying what I was told what  he was given whether that was wages sweeteners to players I don't know . I believe he was backed . Didn't get his first choices but cmon at this level it should make a noticeable difference. McCall has been a let down. 

Clyde signed 7 players in January and 3 of them are on loan. Even if we say Clyde are paying the full wages of the loanees, that works out at paying these guys an average of nearly £600 a week until the end of the season. I think whoever has told you that has either misunderstood some information or they're talking complete shite. 

34 minutes ago, Shawfield78 said:

That is the figure that a senior board member has been openly informing supporters of. 

36 minutes ago, Right turn Clyde said:

That is the figure that a senior board member has been openly informing supporters of. 

Glad someone agrees.  I've asked the question on the os let's see the reply . Think it's fair to expect a better return at this level for that outlay. 

4 minutes ago, Shawfield78 said:

Glad someone agrees.  I've asked the question on the os let's see the reply . Think it's fair to expect a better return at this level for that outlay. 

I have been told the money guy actually popped £200k into the club.......so what happened to the balance

41 minutes ago, Clyde_1977 said:

£100k and we still couldn't sign a right back or a left back good enough to start....sounds about right for us.

Mcginn is fine but for some reason McCall doesn't rate him. The fall guy again yesterday despite offering more than most. 

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Clyde signed 7 players in January and 3 of them are on loan. Even if we say Clyde are paying the full wages of the loanees, that works out at paying these guys an average of nearly £600 a week until the end of the season. I think whoever has told you that has either misunderstood some information or they're talking complete shite. 

What would a board member gain by lying about a figure spent. Just been confirmed by someone else Thankfully. End of day the return has been poor for what McCall got in January. 

26 minutes ago, Shawfield78 said:

What would a board member gain by lying about a figure spent. Just been confirmed by someone else Thankfully. End of day the return has been poor for what McCall got in January. 

I've no idea what an under pressure board member at a club staring regional football in the face would have to gain from telling fans they've put lots of money in. None at all. 

8 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I've no idea what an under pressure board member at a club staring regional football in the face would have to gain from telling fans they've put lots of money in. None at all. 

You have no idea what you are on about.....away and get involved in the new housing development at your ground and leave us be.

40 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Half of it probably paid off all the shite we signed in the summer last year

That’s actually a fair point. Not a chance these guys who have left to drop down the leagues would’ve just ripped up their contracts for nothing. I’s be surprised if the figure being quoted is accurate but with the amount of comings and goings, the higher standard of player being signed vs those who left and that January can mean players maybe come at a bit of more of a premium than in the summer then there is nae denying a fair chunk of investment has been made in the playing squad. That’s before you take into consideration the payoff for the previous management team and the fact that McCall wasn’t dropping down to this level for pennies.

The biggest concern for me yesterday wasn’t necessarily the defeat itself - that was pretty expected away from home against one of the league’s top sides at a venue we struggle at - it was the scoreline and the whole vibe of the game that worries me. We had built up momentum over recent weeks and had the rock rolling down the hill but now we’re in danger of just running out of steam ahead of the final push.

This group has not had a great record to say the least in big games this season and next week is massive. Lose and it’s prepare for the playoff. Win and even then the work isn’t done, we’ll need at least three wins out of this final group of games to have a chance.

I hope the players are ready for that.

47 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Nobody said they would have anything to gain . Not sure why you continue to dispute it. Why you even bothered with   Clyde ? Your own club not in a bit of financial bother or is that another wrong fact.