Strathclyde Cup 23-24

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Not long into the second half and Drumchapel United have taken a 1-0 lead.

Alex Jack Cup Final is on 18/02 between Bo'ness Athletic and Heriot-Watt University.

Alba Cup still to play their semi-finals which will be on 17/02 (Lochar Thistle v. Upper Annandale / Lochmaben v. Nithsdale Wanderers).

EDIT:

Finish 3-0

Edited by FairWeatherFan

• 3 weeks later...

Bo'ness Athletic the East rep in the Cup Winners Shield after beating Heriot-Watt 2-1 in the Alex Jack Cup Final. Bo'ness last season skooshed the 3rd divison & won the EOS League Cup. Currently sitting top of the 2nd division.

image.png.7e5e9b3e313cc7e3de34c0b07d50376a.png

image.png.cc4130ab069a055fdb15f282a86c7a54.png

South rep will be either Lochar Thistle or Nithsdale Wanderers.

• 2 months later...
8 hours ago, PossilYM said:

Drumchapel Utd 1 Bo'ness Athletic 3

I do love your match reports, brother. Always enjoy sitting down with 'large' mug' of coffee to ingest your thoughts and observations. 🤪🤪🤪

Of course if you weren't there ignore my feeble attempt at sarcasm.

n.b. watched the Athletic of the parish of Borrowstounness a few times when they first appeared as a Junior Club then in EOS Div 3. 

Poor when a Junior club, but money talks and they are a club on the up; unless they do a Syngenta obviously.

No big surprise they turned over United of the Drumchapel Parish.

Can the Nithsdale Wanderers of the Parish of Sanquhar stop the Athletic of said Parish from their ascent to Scottish Cup glory. 🤔🤔

I think we all know the answer.

Edited by An Absolute Imposter

3 hours ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

I do love your match reports, brother. Always enjoy sitting down with 'large' mug' of coffee to ingest your thoughts and observations. 🤪🤪🤪

Of course if you weren't there ignore my feeble attempt at sarcasm.

n.b. watched the Athletic of the parish of Borrowstounness a few times when they first appeared as a Junior Club then in EOS Div 3. 

Poor when a Junior club, but money talks and they are a club on the up; unless they do a Syngenta obviously.

No big surprise they turned over United of the Drumchapel Parish.

Can the Nithsdale Wanderers of the Parish of Sanquhar stop the Athletic of said Parish from their ascent to Scottish Cup glory. 🤔🤔

I think we all know the answer.

Only giving a shout out to the three people who i know that live up the Linkwood flats. Doubt anybody gives a toss about the Drumchapel v Bo'ness Athletic score beyond the Boulevard.

Looks almost certain BA are in next season's Big Scottish Cup.

Anyway ya cheeky monkey, I was at the Pollok v Benburb meaningless end of season game last night.

Great PA system playing the Sounds of the 70s LP before the game last night for all the free bus pass Boomer brigade there.