Berwick Rangers 23/24

Redcar

Finally something good happens this season. First 3 points in a reasonably comfortable win at Shire, with their fans whingeing about refs rather than us. 

Rated loanee Klimionek (from St Johnstone) got his first 45 minutes and Jamie McCormack is available next week after his long ban. 

And Pat Scullion got sent off at half time, for being Pat Scullion. 

9 hours ago, Redcar said:

Finally something good happens this season. First 3 points in a reasonably comfortable win at Shire, with their fans whingeing about refs rather than us. 

Rated loanee Klimionek (from St Johnstone) got his first 45 minutes and Jamie McCormack is available next week after his long ban. 

And Pat Scullion got sent off at half time, for being Pat Scullion. 

tell me you'd accept that penalty going against you ladd, not one of your players even appealed for it, no fans appealed for it. Your team started moving as if to set up for a corner. 

54 minutes ago, RJShire said:

tell me you'd accept that penalty going against you ladd, not one of your players even appealed for it, no fans appealed for it. Your team started moving as if to set up for a corner. 

Ref's are shite mate. We had an absolute shocker last week. - blatant pen ignored by Specsavers & Co. Just saying that it's nice to be on the benevolent end for a change.

Fuming when it goes against us, smiling when it's in our favour. I guess that goes for most fans, though 

1 hour ago, Redcar said:

Ref's are shite mate. We had an absolute shocker last week. - blatant pen ignored by Specsavers & Co. Just saying that it's nice to be on the benevolent end for a change.

Fuming when it goes against us, smiling when it's in our favour. I guess that goes for most fans, though 

Very true, swings and round abouts in the grand scheme of it. You brought a good support up with you yesterday 

Great game yesterday against Celtic B. Antell made several excellent saves for us, but I'd still say we deserved the win. 

And another woeful display from the officials, by the way. 

Absolute scenes after the injury time winner. 

Edited by Redcar

On 20/08/2023 at 09:41, sammyreidloyal said:

I’m the first to groan when we lose, credit where it’s due a good win against apparently 14 men. Hope the new bods settle in and we start to climb the table. Last minute goals for us…like hens teeth

Who scored the Berwick goals?

15 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

Never has a team relied on a 38 year old so completely.

You're not wrong. Buchanan has scored 7, two others have 1 each. Many absolute sitters missed by our other 'strikers'. 

They'll get yet another chance against Crossgates Primrose in the cup this week. If they still keeping hitting the keeper or passing seagulls, they need shunting and replacing with absolutely anyone else. 

On 23/08/2023 at 14:45, Redcar said:

You're not wrong. Buchanan has scored 7, two others have 1 each. Many absolute sitters missed by our other 'strikers'. 

They'll get yet another chance against Crossgates Primrose in the cup this week. If they still keeping hitting the keeper or passing seagulls, they need shunting and replacing with absolutely anyone else. 

Missed the keeper and the seagulls and hit the back of the net. (6 times).

Lewis Baker in particular needed to do that and he got a hat-trick. Hope that gives him the confidence to do the same in the Lowland League.