Heart of Midlothian in Europe 2023/24

Alberto Spencer

The tie was lost last week, but ultimately they're just comfortably a better team and I wouldn't have fancied us tonight even if we'd had a lead going in. They're much closer to Basaksehir level than they are to Zurich or Rosenborg and it seemed some people didn't realise that.

I don't think they created a huge amount of chances over the two legs, but the goals we did lose were just so incredibly cheap. It would have been nice to see how long we'd have kept it competitive if their first had been correctly disallowed, mind, but ultimately that was just a shite effort from start to finish. Complain about fans being negative all you like, but no fucking wonder looking at how consistently easy it is to score against us (and other Scottish teams, apparently).

Seeing nothing positive from the "management team" so far, unfortunately.

Pish from us. We'd have lost anyway, but the goals we gave away were so poor. Rowles needs a significant spell out the team, I still think he's a decent player but his confdence is absolutely shot and he's making mistakes every game. 

That said, the first goal is the one that changes the shape of the game and it shouldn't have stood, what is the point in VAR if that's being ignored?

No disgrace losing to a team like PAOK, but there is a disgrace in capitulating completely. 

We desperately need midfielders back, playing defenders in there just isn't going to work.

All in all, we lost against a team we probably always knew we would. I at least enjoyed the Rosenborg tie.

1 minute ago, rainbowrising said:

Overall, aggregate defeats this round were Hibs 8, Rangers 7, Hearts 6, Don's 5 (should have been 7 or 8, some absolute sitters missed). 

Pretty much demolished at every level. 

These clubs, bar Rangers, will all have more money than their Scottish opponents.  So those aggregate scores against probably scans.

4 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

Overall, aggregate defeats this round were Hibs 8, Rangers 7, Hearts 6, Don's 5 (should have been 7 or 8, some absolute sitters missed). 

Pretty much demolished at every level. 

Hibs is correct, Rangers was 4 (7-3), Hearts was 5 (6-1) and the Dons was 2 (5-3)

1 hour ago, rainbowrising said:

Aggregate goals conceded. 

So basically

• you made a mistake
  • @Jacksgranda pointed out you'd made a mistake 
  • but then you pointed out that the mistake you made wasn't the actual mistake he'd pointed out thus pointing out his mistake with respects to your mistake
  • And now we're all sorted and the mistakes are rectified

Unless of course, I'm mistaken

4 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

So basically

• you made a mistake
  • @Jacksgranda pointed out you'd made a mistake 
  • but then you pointed out that the mistake you made wasn't the actual mistake he'd pointed out thus pointing out his mistake with respects to your mistake
  • And now we're all sorted and the mistakes are rectified

Unless of course, I'm mistaken

Yes, you are but whatever